Posted July 15th, 2012 by PFO Staff
This is our first post to a new feature we’ve added to the site called “Special Features” which will contain unique posts like this one.
Here are tips if you are going to a Roger Waters ‘The Wall Live’ Show and wanting to get his autograph before the show.
- Roger Waters comes into the parking garage. There is usually one near the back, and you will be tipped off when you see a few tour buses.
- He shows up in a black SUV and signs through a window. DON’T PUT YOUR FACE, HANDS, OR ANY OTHER BODY PART THROUGH THE WINDOW. There is a body guard, and he WILL keep people in line. No hand shakes. The manager will tell you all of this, but you don’t want to ruin it for you or anyone behind you. The manager will make you line up.
- For shows starting at 8:00, Waters will usually show up at around 5:30, and the masses don’t usually show up until 4:15-4:45. It is best to get there around 3:45.
- He signs one item. It should be an album, ticket, or some other Floyd paraphernalia. HE DOES NOT SIGN SHIRTS. Here is a brief excerpt of what he said to people wanting autographs on his Facebook:
- Photos are a bit more of a pain. He won’t look up and wait for you to take a picture. If you want a good picture something good to try is to get near him before he finishes the person before you and wait until he looks up to see the next person (YOU!). And have the camera ready. ALWAYS HAVE THE CAMERA READY. Buddying up is good.
- Waters has a gold sharpy which is good for nearly everything you can get signed, so you don’t really need to bring a marker. I would anyway though. Always plan ahead.
“I will no longer sign anything but albums which I will personalize. So pros be warned no more guitars, scratch plates, photos, drum heads or any of the rest of that crap, make room for the real fans.”
The above was paraphrased from a post I found online – Thanks to reddit user DonQuixoteWindmill from the Pink Floyd forum on reddit for the tips.