Hmmm - What's this?
Pink Floyd Online

Comprehensive and Interactive Fan Site
www.pinkfloydonline.com | shortcut: pinkfloyd.co

Posted November 3rd, 2012 by PFO Staff

Pink Floyd News

Pink Floyd - Roger Waters Forms Band With Military Veterans For Benefit Show

Pink Floyd star Roger Waters will take to the stage with a band made up of military veterans at the sixth annual Stand Up for Heroes benefit in New York next week (November 8th, 2012).

The rocker will join John Mayer, Bruce Springsteen and comedians Ricky Gervais, Patton Oswalt and Jon Stewart at the event, which will be streamed live via YouTube.com.

The five previous Stand Up for Heroes benefits have raised more than $10 million (£6.25 million) to support soldiers and their families.

Source

A quick glance of the ticket site shows that it’s already sold out, but if you’re in the New York area and want to attend, you may be able to find tickets through places like StubHub.

Official Site

8 comments on the “Roger Waters Forms Band With Military Veterans For Upcoming Benefit Show in New York” page

1. November 3rd, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Alex

I cant believe Roger is supporting american army now, Im beginning to dubt a whole past of adoring him.

2. November 3rd, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Rutger

@ Alex

It doesn’t mean he’s supporting the “Army”, per se, I see him more the type of person to be supporting the soldiers within it. That’s why the song “Bring the Boys back Home” exists.

3. November 4th, 2012 at 5:39 am

David Blatt

Roger’s Dad served in WW11, so he knows all about the horrors of war. He’ll definately be supporting the individual soldiers who suffered and died, and their families, and certainly not the American armed forces.

4. November 4th, 2012 at 11:08 am

Ed Barton

Alex, what’s wrong with supporting the U.S. Army? Many thousands of soldiers have given their lives so that we could be free. You should have the deepest respect for our military, son. I served 4 years in Iraq and 3 years in Afghanistan and was wounded 3 times and I would do it again if asked. That’s how much I love my country. You need to show some respect.

5. November 5th, 2012 at 9:13 am

quicksilver

@Ed Barton

First off, thank you for your service. Nobody wants war. Thank God, we have men and women who value our freedom so much that they would put themselves in harms way. I do come from a military family, and my own son will be serving in a National Guard unit after his graduation in may….he has purposely joined a unit that will be among the last deployed. Why is it so hard for people to understand that the very opinion that they have is largely due to the fact that we are a free country. You are allowed to speak your opinion regarding any matter because of the sacrifices of those before us. Try speaking out your opinion in North Korea and see waht happens. I’ll tell you one thing……..I certainly have my opinions both politically and religiously and am greatful that I can share those opinions without being hung or shot. And I also realize that people have the right to disagree with me. That’s called a free country.

6. November 11th, 2012 at 6:04 am

Winston

I may somehow agree with probable Roger’s solidarity with those who personally put their own lives in risk for their -even others’- country. However, I become really scared by seeing some of those “heroes”‘ opinions about serving the scum that sends them there,as they seem to be thankful for being sent to make other and also their own land much more dangerous, to make this world much and much worse. Panicked.

7. November 11th, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Ed Barton

First of all, Winston, I never considered myself a “hero” nor did I claim to be one. I just love my country and when I enlisted I knew exactly where I would be going. And the so called “scum” you are referring to has kept you and I free and safe for a long time. You may not have any respect (you sure don’t show it)but without our armed services the U.S. and the world would be a more dangerous place. It really pains me to see how much the U.S. has became a nation of cowards who don’t believe our country is worth fighting for. This is not the same America I was raised in.

8. November 12th, 2012 at 1:27 am

Winston

I haven’t got any other comment to make. I already did. (By the way, I feel proud of not having pontificated that much. Must be that respect you with your only yours point of view cannot see.)

Your Name (Required)

Your Email (Required)

Want an avatar displayed with your comment? Upload your picture to Gravatar to associate an avatar with your email.