Posted August 22nd, 2013 by PFO Staff
The BBC have contacted us asking to share this with PFO readers:
Our show will simulcast on BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music from 8pm for two hours, right before Darkside is premiered – which boasts Bill Nighy and Rufus Sewell amongst the cast – and we need you to help us pick tunes worthy of such a prestigious playlist.
Dark Side of the Moon has not only one of the most iconic album covers of all time, it’s also a record that has helped define the band as well as the era, and has since been cited by a number of leading musicians and acts as one of their biggest influences.
So what must be included in such a playlist? Only you can decide:
- How about your favourite Floyd track – be it from Dark Side, one of their other records or a rare hidden gem?
- Solo work and side projects of Floyd band members which could include Bryan Ferry, Kate Bush or Robert Wyatt?
- Acts they’ve influenced – although where to begin – U2, Foo Fighters, David Bowie, Radiohead, Gorillaz and so on?
- Other psychedelic pioneers like The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix
- Or what about acts with incredible live shows which Pink Floyd pioneered?
You pick the music. The ways you can get in touch are by commenting on our blog or Facebook page, by Tweeting using #Darkside, adding a track to our collaborative Spotify and Rdio playlists or by emailing us at email@example.com.
And to give you a taster of what to expect from Darkside after The Ultimate Pink Floyd Playlist wraps up, check out this amazing trailer especially created for the BBC by the Oscar-winning Aardman Animations (See video above)