Pink Floyd Online Forums

Full Version: Scary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok. Was anyone else scared to death when they heard One of These Days? I was laying in bed in the pitch black at 12:00 and I was literally frightened when I heard "One o' these days..."!

And also when I listened to Sheep and heard Psalm 23...
I remember, the thing about Psalm 23 in "Sheep" is I could never make it out at first, but then I really listened to it, and I could hear it clearly, and I thought it was pretty awesome.
Nope your not...
First time i was listening too One Of These Days and i thought that my speakers had broken.. ;D
But now i actually find Psalm 23 more scary, perhaps because theres always is something scary about Psalms..?
I think the way it's used in the song is very..frightening..but interesting..great song
Just got scared out of my chair by Sysyphus (Part Two)...
Man you dont want to sit all alone when you listen to Ummagumma :o
Kind of an interesting coincidence: right when I was opening this thread and reading the first post, I had One of These Days on, right at the point where Nick does his little vocal bit. Also, I was worrying a little bit that my wife would find it scary and complain about it (she doesn't like the seagulls section of Echoes), but she didn't say anything!
Three Different Ones Wrote:I remember, the thing about Psalm 23 in "Sheep" is I could never make it out at first, but then I really listened to it, and I could hear it clearly, and I thought it was pretty awesome.

It is awesome, but it's due to the re-write of passage from the best selling book.
cevor Wrote:It is awesome, but it's due to the re-write of passage from the best selling book.

Laughing Laughing Laughingwoah upsidedownLaughing

You will find it in under fiction.
I don't know if I would say the Bible is a best seller in so much as you can get condensed versions from strangers on every street corner and bridge under pass in New York and Chicago. Not to mention the nightstand in thousands of motels across this fine nation.

But I guess someone had to pay for all those so there goes our jokes.
Some Other Jackass Wrote:
cevor Wrote:It is awesome, but it's due to the re-write of passage from the best selling book.

Laughing Laughing Laughingwoah upsidedownLaughing

You will find it in under fiction.
I don't know if I would say the Bible is a best seller in so much as you can get condensed versions from strangers on every street corner and bridge under pass in New York and Chicago. Not to mention the nightstand in thousands of motels across this fine nation.

But I guess someone had to pay for all those so there goes our jokes.
fabulous!LaughingThumbsup
OOTD never made me scared, I don't think... but as for "Echoes" Shocked
The middle section is pants-crappingly scary, especially while listening in pitch black at night.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's