Pink Floyd Online Forums

Full Version: Favorite album cover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
If you both are going to insist on being snotty to me, I'd at least ask you to do it via PM.
I don't know what snotty means Noexpression. But, I wasn't trying you annoy you in any way. I was actually questioning Blue Ember's theory. I find it defensive in an interesting way.
Does anyone know of people who've actually purchased copies of The Dark Side of the Moon to have framed? A friend of mine bought another copy of the album on vinyl, and had the whole thing framed to be hung on one of her walls.

I think it's a great idea personally, since that album cover specifically is one of the few they had that could be called Art with a capital "A". It's the perfect cover, really. It's simple, it's not annoying or busy, and it's interesting to look at. As Roger said, you won't get fed up with it.
I don't understand it, though.
What, the cover? If you have Classic Albums: The Making of The Dark Side of the Moon, Storm Thorgerson explains where he came up with the idea for the cover. It's actually really interesting.

It was supposed to fulfill several criteria: It referenced the light show the band was famous for putting on, it referenced ambition and greed, which were themes contained in the album, and it was a response to Rick wanting a simple and bold design for the cover.
It's not a framed album cover or anything, but this Christmas my parents got me a DSOTM album cover picture made of cloth-like material (I have no idea what the actual term is for these things). It's really awesome, though. I love seeing it on my wall.
(02-06-2011 08:05 PM)hunter21291 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a framed album cover or anything, but this Christmas my parents got me a DSOTM album cover picture made of cloth-like material (I have no idea what the actual term is for these things). It's really awesome, though. I love seeing it on my wall.

I've heard 3 terms for these. Banners, flags or silk screen tapestry.
Definitely a silk screen tapestry. Very nice piece of work. Wish I had one for each album.
(02-06-2011 02:08 PM)Joe Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what snotty means Noexpression. But, I wasn't trying you annoy you in any way. I was actually questioning Blue Ember's theory. I find it defensive in an interesting way.

what do you mean?
(02-07-2011 10:06 PM)blue_ember Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2011 02:08 PM)Joe Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what snotty means Noexpression. But, I wasn't trying you annoy you in any way. I was actually questioning Blue Ember's theory. I find it defensive in an interesting way.

what do you mean?

He means he doesn't know what snotty means.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Reference URL's