Pink Floyd Online Forums

Full Version: The Notebook v. 3.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-23-2010 06:43 PM)You CAN Avoid the Floyd Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2010 06:41 PM)Three Different Ones Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2010 06:37 PM)You CAN Avoid the Floyd Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please remind me why PFO is considered a family forum? It just doesn't make any sense to me. For crying out loud, Pink Floyd swears in their songs. Therefore, anyone joining a Pink Floyd forum with ANY knowledge of the band, would already have been exposed to cuss words, and shouldn't have any problem with seeing the same words they hear from good 'ol Floyd in text on the internet (which, by the way, is no walk in the park if you're trying to find an ACTUAL family friendly anything).

Sometimes the word filter gets to point where it makes good points sound idiotic (people no longer sound angry, but rather hungry). How much less awesome would "Not Now John" be if Dave sang "FUDGE ALL THAT, FRUIT ALL THAT"? It's just not right, in my honest opinion.

Sure, some people (a pretty small amount, to be truthful) find swear words offensive, but it's not gonna stop people from doing one of two things: "fudging them off" or violating the filter just to get their point across.

Furthermore, it is incredibly easy to violate the filter, which so many users on here do. Of course, only a select few get a talking to from a mod (i.e. Eric, Keef), which in my mind, seems rather prejudice. If people actually go and purposely add extra letters or fudge *'s or whatever, just to swear, what's the point of a filter? It's like having a two-foot-tall picket fence in front of a building that nobody's supposed to go into; there's no doubt people are going to jump over it, because not only is it easy, but people tend to want something more if they can't get it.

Okay, I'm done for now, I think.

I don't know what that is.

No. hmm

Pinch
(01-23-2010 06:43 PM)You CAN Avoid the Floyd Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2010 06:41 PM)Three Different Ones Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2010 06:37 PM)You CAN Avoid the Floyd Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please remind me why PFO is considered a family forum? It just doesn't make any sense to me. For crying out loud, Pink Floyd swears in their songs. Therefore, anyone joining a Pink Floyd forum with ANY knowledge of the band, would already have been exposed to cuss words, and shouldn't have any problem with seeing the same words they hear from good 'ol Floyd in text on the internet (which, by the way, is no walk in the park if you're trying to find an ACTUAL family friendly anything).

Sometimes the word filter gets to point where it makes good points sound idiotic (people no longer sound angry, but rather hungry). How much less awesome would "Not Now John" be if Dave sang "FUDGE ALL THAT, FRUIT ALL THAT"? It's just not right, in my honest opinion.

Sure, some people (a pretty small amount, to be truthful) find swear words offensive, but it's not gonna stop people from doing one of two things: "fudging them off" or violating the filter just to get their point across.

Furthermore, it is incredibly easy to violate the filter, which so many users on here do. Of course, only a select few get a talking to from a mod (i.e. Eric, Keef), which in my mind, seems rather prejudice. If people actually go and purposely add extra letters or fudge *'s or whatever, just to swear, what's the point of a filter? It's like having a two-foot-tall picket fence in front of a building that nobody's supposed to go into; there's no doubt people are going to jump over it, because not only is it easy, but people tend to want something more if they can't get it.

Okay, I'm done for now, I think.

I've never heard of that

No. hmm
hmm

Pinch

[Image: aerosmith.jpg]

Wub
Brad. I wholeheartedly agree. Caaaant.
Not really.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Keef ftw.
Woah woah sry Eric. Faaackin caaant ;)
YOU FUDGING CRAPPY COOTIE QUEEN
PFO's gettin' the bohemian rhapsody!
(01-23-2010 06:56 PM)MacPhisto Wrote: [ -> ]PFO's gettin' the bohemian rhapsody!

Reference URL's