Pink Floyd Online Forums

Full Version: The Notebook v. 3.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Crying if only
(04-20-2011 06:47 AM)Lady Floydian Wrote: [ -> ]So so so very excited -- I'm getting a new computer next month. Finally upgrading to a Macbook. I love Macs, and the only reason I haven't had one up until now has been finances. You can't see me now, but I'm doing a jig of glee.

The official "Lady Floydian Gets a MacBook" day has been pushed forward to sometime this coming week, rather than later this month. So, so freakin' excited.
My father's going to give me his iMac for my birthday Smile. I'm finally getting rid of this 5 year old laptop that seems to crash every 25 minutes.
(05-01-2011 10:57 AM)Lady Floydian Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2011 06:47 AM)Lady Floydian Wrote: [ -> ]So so so very excited -- I'm getting a new computer next month. Finally upgrading to a Macbook. I love Macs, and the only reason I haven't had one up until now has been finances. You can't see me now, but I'm doing a jig of glee.

The official "Lady Floydian Gets a MacBook" day has been pushed forward to sometime this coming week, rather than later this month. So, so freakin' excited.

Cool, both my son's have Macbooks and must admit they are better than my present windows 7 machine but then I guess they use computers to the extreme with art and music etc. Enjoy the excitement because that alone is healthy.
(05-02-2011 02:11 AM)only floyd Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2011 10:57 AM)Lady Floydian Wrote: [ -> ]

Cool, both my son's have Macbooks and must admit they are better than my present windows 7 machine but then I guess they use computers to the extreme with art and music etc. Enjoy the excitement because that alone is healthy.

I plan on enjoying it! I haven't gotten anything nice like this in a long time. Either I can't afford it for myself, or my family can't afford to gift it to me. Either way, I tend to go without for the sake of the family budget. This time, it was doable.

Since I've used them before, I don't have that weird adjustment period that some people do when they switch from PC to Macs -- I'm mostly looking forward to not having to load my hard drive up with anti-virus/anti-spyware protection or firewalls.
Well, I'm using it right now and it's so awesome, I don't have words. It's so nice to have a computer that isn't being held together with duct tape. LOL
LOL. Can't wait till may 15th, and then i get to feel the same Smile
Yes, getting new toys to play with is a lot of fun.
I'll stick to using Ubuntu, and Windows if I really feel the urge to play a game. I'd buy a Mac, because they're obviously brilliant, but they're way too expensive. No matter how good they are, the price-quality ratio is horrendous.
Of all the computers I looked at getting to replace my old one, this 13" white MacBook was the cheapest. With my student discount, it only cost me $949. Besides, with Macs you're also paying for the security of knowing you'll never need another anti-virus/anti-spyware or firewall program again. That, and you're almost guaranteed never to have it crash, because you don't have to worry about the computer hardware being made by one company and all the software being made by another. Everything is made by Apple.

I'm willing to pay that price for that kind of peace of mind, though I can understand how it might be initially off-putting for some people.
Reference URL's