Pink Floyd Online Forums

Full Version: Top 10 albums as voted for by the great Perth public
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This was on the radio today. I rang up and voted for Dark Side of the Moon.

10: Back In Black. AC/DC
9: The Stranger. Billy Joel
8: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1. Midnight Oil
7: Bat Out of Hell. Meatloaf
6: East. Cold Chisel
5: Abbey Road. The Beatles
4: Joshua Tree. U2
3: Thriller. Micheal Jackson
2: A Night at the Opera. Queen
1: Slippery When Wet. Bon Jovi

I'm thinking of moving
What on earth is it with your country and Bon Jovi.
(08-10-2010 01:09 AM)forreverendgreen Wrote: [ -> ]What on earth is it with your country and Bon Jovi.

I don't know... I just don't know
Are you sure you're not really living in New Jersey?
They're all great albums, but no Dark Side of the Moon?

Or Hotel California?

And Seargent Pepper > Abbey Road
#10 is fine, since it's Australia. #9 is kinda pointless. #8 is fine, as well. #7 is not fine. Not fine at all. Good god. Never heard of #6, #5 is all goods, #4 is excusable, #3 is good, #2 is probably my favourite album up there.

But what the sweet merciful intercourse is up with #1.
I tihink Jon Bon Jovi is paying someone big money for these results. He's Playing in Perth In December from what I heard on the radio today. All seems a bit sus to me.
Bon Jovi are one of the worst possible bands ever conceivable. Right up there with Eagles and Rush.
I'm not that fond of Poison either
Cold Chisel was an Aussie band. Jimmy Barnes was the lead singer whom you might have heard of. He sung "Gonna have a good time tonight" with INXS. That song is on the Lost Boys soundtrack.
(08-10-2010 05:53 PM)emonerd826 Wrote: [ -> ]They're all great albums, but no Dark Side of the Moon?

I find I prefer Wish You Were Here these days. DSOTM feels as if it lacks continuity to me, whereas WYWH sounds a lot more like it was meant to be an album.

That said, "Any Colour You Like" is still one of my favourite Floyd numbers, and if I ever succeed in getting a band together it's one I'd like to perform.

(08-10-2010 05:53 PM)emonerd826 Wrote: [ -> ]And Seargent Pepper > Abbey Road

I'd have to disagree here, too. I'm not an enormous fan of The Beatles, but as far as which has less boring material on it, I'd say Abbey Road takes the cake here.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's