Pink Floyd Online Forums

Full Version: Is David the best?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(08-19-2011 01:40 PM)Arno Sluismans Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2011 09:40 PM)Floydy Wrote: [ -> ]Jimmy Page didn't write Stairway to Heaven until he was 21, I could play it when I was 12. I think that says allot really.

That really isn't quite relevant...

Besides, one could say the same thing about David. I myself played many Pink Floyd songs when I was twelve. Biggrin

Since when has anything I've said been relevant?

rocker
Just now. What you just said is very relevant.
Hey, MJ had a black skin and it turned white. You can put shrimps in a cake! Nothing in this world makes sense!
Well, his skin didn't so much "turn" white, as he purposefully did something to make it that way. I don't know about shrimp in a cake, but shrimp bisque is divine if made correctly. The last sentence is sometimes more true than it should be.
(08-21-2011 09:12 AM)Joe Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, MJ had a black skin and it turned white. You can put shrimps in a cake! Nothing in this world makes sense!

Do you know what else doesn't make sense? George W Bush.
(08-21-2011 01:03 PM)Lady Floydian Wrote: [ -> ]Well, his skin didn't so much "turn" white, as he purposefully did something to make it that way. I don't know about shrimp in a cake, but shrimp bisque is divine if made correctly. The last sentence is sometimes more true than it should be.

Heh, he may be a controversial person and I certainly don't really like him myself, but to state a rumour such as that as a blunt fact doesn't really do him justice at all.

(08-20-2011 11:07 PM)Floydy Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2011 01:40 PM)Arno Sluismans Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2011 09:40 PM)Floydy Wrote: [ -> ]Jimmy Page didn't write Stairway to Heaven until he was 21, I could play it when I was 12. I think that says allot really.

That really isn't quite relevant...

Besides, one could say the same thing about David. I myself played many Pink Floyd songs when I was twelve. Biggrin

Since when has anything I've said been relevant?

rocker

Do you know what else is irrelevant? George W Bush. Biggrin
The best is Jimi Hendrix. Definitely :)
(08-31-2011 03:47 AM)Campino Wrote: [ -> ]The best is Jimi Hendrix. Definitely :)

I like Clapton more.
I agree in terms of his emotional projection (which comes from a stoic stance on stage, weird juxtaposition...), however I think most of you are using the wrong word here when you say "technical". I believe David Gilmour IS a more technical player than Jimmy Page, that's why he has his sound. People always assume technical means "fast" or "able to play fast" but its not. Technical is the ability to utilize a certain aspect or all aspects of an instrument. In this case, he is more technical than Jimmy Page, where page is simply to me more fiery and able to let everything loose, make more mistakes, try things.
I love Jimmy Page, and I love most people you can name that play faster and more complicated things than David Gilmour, but i have NEVER EVER heard someone bring every noise a guitar can make out of one clean note, and that is why he is my favorite.
Well said gma. Thumbsup
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Reference URL's