Pink Floyd Online Forums

Full Version: Echoes live, which version is best?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Which version of Echoes live do you think is the best? I know of three: Pompeii, Gdansk and remember that night. Any other live versions?
Live in Pompeii is without a doubt the best live version.
I prefer the Live in Gdansk version.
I like the Gdansk version because its extended and it has multiple additions (of this REALLY epic part) to the recorded version rather then in the "Remember that night" where they only do it once. In this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGngkNBdQD8) they do it at 5:32
Gdansk is eh. I'm not much into post-Pink Floyd solo stuff.

Live in Pompeii, on the other hand...

By the way, I'm really getting the impression that Guy Pratt mimes his part in Gdansk. I really hope I'm imagining things.
The RTN version is my favorite. Wonderful groove. Great playing from master musicians.
Quite easy -- September 30th, 1971 as recorded live for the BBC. Effing PHENOMENAL version of that song. Just listening to it will send little chills up your spine. They were on, and it showed.
(02-11-2011 04:34 PM)Arno Sluismans Wrote: [ -> ]Gdansk is eh. I'm not much into post-Pink Floyd solo stuff.

By the way, I'm really getting the impression that Guy Pratt mimes his part in Gdansk. I really hope I'm imagining things.

You mean post-rogers right? Ermm
(02-11-2011 07:35 PM)blue_ember Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2011 04:34 PM)Arno Sluismans Wrote: [ -> ]Gdansk is eh. I'm not much into post-Pink Floyd solo stuff.

You mean post-rogers right? Ermm

Post-Pink Floyd, as in Roger Waters solo stuff after he left PF, or David Gilmour solo stuff after he stopped performing as PF.
Arno, Rick was there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's