Pink Floyd Online Forums

Full Version: Let the deportations begin - I was right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Alternate Gilmour Wrote:((You know, you're trying to be deliberately antagonistic and it's irritating.))

That's ********! Since when is it wrong to express an idea?
Trying to shutdown people with opinions is ignorance of the highest order. If you are so irritated stay off the "Net."

((Don't call me a coward or a traitor just because I am against deportation))

I said: "to not have a line that must be crossed is tantamount to cowardice or treason."
I stand by what I said. If you do not draw the line somewhere then you are a traitor or coward.

((atomic bombs dropped on Japan to end World War II.....
How many Iraqi civilians have been killed ))

Stay on topic...these things have nothing to do with what motivates terrorist bombing subways. They don't give a damn about Baghdad or Hiroshima.

((War and deportation are not the answer. Don't ask me for the right answer, if I had it I would not share it with you.))

It's clear you have no ideas...you just want to insult and flame
I don't like the thought of deporting either but it's the conclusion I came to and at least it's some plan as opposed to none.
1. Excuse me for finding someone calling me a coward and a traitor antagonistic.
2. I stayed on topic. You said "how many more lives," "how many must die," and other things along those lines. So I mentioned Iraqi lives that have been lost in an attempt to end terrorism. How is that not on topic? Because they're not American lives? Because we're the "good guys"?
3. You're one to talk about insulting. Never once in my posts did I insult you nor did I flame. You insulted me numerous times. But if you want it, you've got it. It's clear you have no good ideas if you think deportation is the answer to the problem. They just go out and come back illegally with more radical and tangible hatred for a country that they came to for opportunity and instead threw them out.

And in response to an earlier question, I do value the rights of the individual above that of the nation. If that makes me a traitor, so be it.
Alternate Gilmour Wrote:
pointmeatthesky Wrote:Granted you want to stop terrorism, but how far will you allow the government to go? I draw the line at kicking innocent people out of there homes.
I'm all for protecting the innocent. That's my point.

But if the Gov knows who the worse-case enemies are should they be allowed to stay?
If you could have stopped Hitler, would you?
The USA knew about Atta before 911, should they have acted?
what did hitler do? He tore people from there homes on account of there nationality, or race, or religious belief. Hmm, who here are being nazis?

And anyway how do you think you are protecting the innocent by removing entire nationalities?

Edited By pointmeatthesky on 1123887601
carefulwiththataxeEugene Wrote:
Alternate Gilmour Wrote:((You know, you're trying to be deliberately antagonistic and it's irritating.))

Trying to shutdown people with opinions is ignorance of the highest order. If you are so irritated stay off the "Net."

((Don't call me a coward or a traitor just because I am against deportation))

I said: "to not have a line that must be crossed is tantamount to cowardice or treason."
I stand by what I said. If you do not draw the line somewhere then you are a traitor or coward.

((atomic bombs dropped on Japan to end World War II.....
How many Iraqi civilians have been killed ))

Stay on topic...these things have nothing to do with what motivates terrorist bombing subways. They don't give a damn about Baghdad or Hiroshima.

((War and deportation are not the answer. Don't ask me for the right answer, if I had it I would not share it with you.))

It's clear you have no ideas...you just want to insult and flame
I don't like the thought of deporting either but it's the conclusion I came to and at least it's some plan as opposed to none.
1. Excuse me for finding someone calling me a coward and a traitor antagonistic.
2. I stayed on topic. You said "how many more lives," "how many must die," and other things along those lines. So I mentioned Iraqi lives that have been lost in an attempt to end terrorism. How is that not on topic? Because they're not American lives? Because we're the "good guys"?
3. You're one to talk about insulting. Never once in my posts did I insult you nor did I flame. You insulted me numerous times. But if you want it, you've got it. It's clear you have no good ideas if you think deportation is the answer to the problem. They just go out and come back illegally with more radical and tangible hatred for a country that they came to for opportunity and instead threw them out.

And in response to an earlier question, I do value the rights of the individual above that of the nation. If that makes me a traitor, so be it.
You started hurling insults first. I never stand by and take crap off anyone. I speak up and defend myself.

If you want to exchange ideas, then fine but that is not what you did.

And now, I do consider you a coward and traitor. You are no different than the terrorist in my eyes since you would side with them.

EOM
Scream Thy Last Scream Wrote:hey....lets start the concentration camps again. after all. it was the brits who invented them. and while your at it, start segregation just like norhern ireland. and when the country is back to normal under your control, build a huge oil field in a shanty town, just like bhopal, and never help those people you conquered in the beginnig. maybe start a famine, just like ireland, or a war, just like israel taking over palestine.

yes......you have a long history of bravery against other foriegn nationals.

is it any wonder i started a thread to shut you up, agnostic gilmour?
You got a point there, my friend.
pointmeatthesky Wrote:
Alternate Gilmour Wrote:
pointmeatthesky Wrote:Granted you want to stop terrorism, but how far will you allow the government to go? I draw the line at kicking innocent people out of there homes.
I'm all for protecting the innocent. That's my point.

But if the Gov knows who the worse-case enemies are should they be allowed to stay?
If you could have stopped Hitler, would you?
The USA knew about Atta before 911, should they have acted?
what did hitler do? He tore people from there homes on account of there nationality, or race, or religious belief. Hmm, who here are being nazis?

And anyway how do you think you are protecting the innocent by removing entire nationalities?
Go back and read the OP.

There is a list of Nations taking action. I agree with them.
If you have a better idea, please share it with the rest of the world.

Also has a damn good point.

And those freakin' squirrels are a nuisance!
Okay, I've reread all my posts in this topic and have not found one insult. You, however, insulted me quite a bit. But never mind, we'll put that behind us.

I do believe we did exchange ideas until it descended into this squabbling about insults. I was expressing my concern that deportation will not work, and it got heated pretty fast. This was not my intention.

Also, you responded to my argument by quoting bits and pieces of what I said and responding out of context.

Don't take this as an insult, but I don't care if you consider me a coward or a traitor. I do not side with the terrorists, and I see nothing in what I said that would indicate that I do. I said I value individual rights and I don't want to see innocent people persecuted. I said that deportation would not work. I said that rights of all people should be protected. How does that equate with siding with the terrorists?

We're both to blame for losing our tenuous hold on rationality in our argument, and that's a shame because I for one thought it was healthy for a while.

Edited By carefulwiththataxeEugene on 1123888421
Has it crossed the minds of anyone that the opposing members posts are obviously getting misinterpreted?

Well, I haven't read every post on here so I don't know for sure, just a hunch.
Alternate Gilmour Wrote:
pointmeatthesky Wrote:

then your one ignorant bastard.
frak off idiot
Why? You attacked me before, granted what i said was sarcastic, but it wasn't gumshoe or whatever the hell you said.

And maybe these nations should start actually doing there job and catching the 'terrorists', instead of just deporting everyone who isn't even associated with them,
carefulwiththataxeEugene Wrote:Okay, I've reread all my posts in this topic and have not found one insult. You, however, insulted me quite a bit. But never mind, we'll put that behind us.

I do believe we did exchange ideas until it descended into this squabbling about insults. I was expressing my concern that deportation will not work, and it got heated pretty fast. This was not my intention.

Also, you responded to my argument by quoting bits and pieces of what I said and responding out of context.

Don't take this as an insult, but I don't care if you consider me a coward or a traitor. I do not side with the terrorists, and I see nothing in what I said that would indicate that I do. I said I value individual rights and I don't want to see innocent people persecuted. I said that deportation would not work. I said that rights of all people should be protected. How does that equate with siding with the terrorists?

We're both to blame for losing our tenuous hold on rationality in our argument, and that's a shame because I for one thought it was healthy for a while.
It went sour at this line of yours:
"You know, you're trying to be deliberately antagonistic and it's irritating."

I find the dichotomy of your beliefs amazing. You are attacking someone with ideas about anti-terrorism and trying to shut them down while at the same time you are standing to protect questionable rights of the terrorist quest to spread terror.

Also at this line of yours:
"Don't call me a coward or a traitor just because I am against deportation."

I never said you (at first)
(To not have...get it?)(you equated your lack of...to being cowardice)
[I later agreed]

Also, I never said I liked this idea.....just that I knew it would
come to this. I don't like it....but I'll support it.....for the lack of a better plan. If you got something better, please share it!

You are either part of the plan or part of the problem. Give us something new or shut up. I always liked the part of the movie about Patton; where 2 jackasses are blocking a convoy
on a bridge. Patton solved the problem quickly and efficiently.
Now the General could have tried to reason with the animals but I think they were not going to listen. It was after all war.
Regardless of how things tally up in the end, it comes down to this. Only one side can claim victory. If I were you I'd get off the bridge.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Reference URL's