Pink Floyd Online Forums

Full Version: Let the deportations begin - I was right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
After the bombings in England I suggested that the government start looking at alternative means to eliminate possible future acts of terrorism. At that time I recommended that visas be suspended from suspect Nations and deportations begin immediately. I also suggested that laws be created that would allow the revocation of status from some dual citizenship.

At a later date it became apparent that some of the terrorists
were actually benefitting from public aid programs while they
preached,plotted and spread their hate filled schemes to create terror. Shockingly we also learned that government agencies had a good idea about who some of these worse case individuals were.

While some here were not prepared to take the steps that I felt was needed, it would seem that many governments eventually came to the same conclusion that I had. (and might I add at this time that I don't and never did like the idea but felt that logic dictated this course of action)

So far the Nations that are now revoking and deporting people includes:

Great Britain
USA
Netherlands
Germany
Italy
Iraq
Egypt
Libya
Lebanon
Jordan

This list is growing day by day.
yes, and while were at it let's send black people back to africa, they seem to cause alot of trouble.

Edited By pointmeatthesky on 1123874480
Squirrels too. Squirrels are a nuisance.
I expected to see some low-ball gumshoe remarks. No surprise there at all.

However, for those with a brain I would add this comment.

Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
That may be true, but the people who disagree with the practice find it immoral, and so are hardly maintaining moral neutrality. For my part, I am against deportation, as any threat it eliminates will pale against the animosity it will foster. This applies particularly to the doubtless high proportion of deportees who are innocent. They left their home countries and came to the United States and other nations for opportunity, and instead are facing suspicion simply because of their religion or country of birth. This is abhorrant, particularly in a country like the USA that supposedly prides itself on being the safe haven for the world's oppressed.

I believe this practice will cause more harm than good.
Ah, screw it! Let's just lock 'em up in chickenwire like we did to Japanese-Americans during WWII.

"... get him up against the wall!!!"
hey....lets start the concentration camps again. after all. it was the brits who invented them. and while your at it, start segregation just like norhern ireland. and when the country is back to normal under your control, build a huge oil field in a shanty town, just like bhopal, and never help those people you conquered in the beginnig. maybe start a famine, just like ireland, or a war, just like israel taking over palestine.

yes......you have a long history of bravery against other foriegn nationals.

is it any wonder i started a thread to shut you up, agnostic gilmour?

Edited By Scream Thy Last Scream on 1123879780
Alternate Gilmour Wrote:Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
america - korea, vietnam, cambodia, thier own watergate, assasination of 2 presidents and a civil rights man during the 60s, grenada, iran, afghanistan, iraq (1), iraq (2)

england - boer, suez, germany, ireland, france, spain, india,south africa, canada, america, scotland, afghanistan, iraq (1), iraq (2), iran, the falklands, gibralta, and countless of other countries.

all wars .....and now its come right back to them. so dante was right.....america and great britain are going to the hottest place in hell. and they deserve it

Edited By Scream Thy Last Scream on 1123880261
Alternate Gilmour Wrote:Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
Dante also wrote that the deepest circle of Hell is reserved for those who betray their fellow man. It is the coldest circle, yet it's were the devil himself is.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Reference URL's