Pink Floyd Online Forums

Full Version: Halloween is coming - What are your plans?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here's a neat link:

http://travel.msn.com/Guides....T1=8709

I have been working with a neighbor to transform his garage into a haunted house, and it's our 3rd (or 4th?) year to do it. New for this year, we're going to use motion detectors and DPDT relays to control lights and sounds when the visitors come into the rooms, mainly since a lot of people like to volunteer and not show up. There's only 3 adults in the place, but we have been creative enough to make it feel more like 6 or 7. This year ought to be better. So far, we've been able to get at least one person to wet their pants - which brings great satisfaction to us! :ghostface: :alien: :unclesam:

Is anyone else going to do a haunted house or other fun thing at the front door? It's SOOOOOOO fun, and this might be a great place to discuss techniques, etc...
im probly just going to go see Saw 3....but maybe ill got trick or treating....your never to old for that
hammers

Edited By Comfortably9Numb on 1160316065
Comfortably9Numb Wrote:....but maybe ill got trick or treating....your never to old for that
hammers
Heh, we have a policy: No costume, no candy. But as long as they're dressed a LITTLE, are polite, etc, they get good candy. Just don't walk up to the door, ring the bell, and hold out your hand... SAY "Trick or Treat," "Thank You" and so on, and I'm cool.

And then, there's the whole thing about deadbeat people driving their beater cars into the neighborhood, blowing their stinky exhaust in my face for 20 minutes while I give their kids candy. "Oh, but they're low-income people, and they can't help it..." Yeah, I give the kids candy, but if the parents would actually turn off the engine, get out, and walk the kids around a bit INSTEAD of just pull up, pile about 8-10 kids out, and let the engine idle while they're sitting in the car smoking a blunt - I'd be a lot less miffed at them.

Anyhow, I'll bet that most PFOers can have some fun and not be punks about it.
Steve, the keyboard player from the band does it up huge...stage smoke machine, moving lights, the whole deal...the first year the fire department was called because of the smoke coming out of all of his windows and front door...he's a bit obsessed with it.... :D
Halloween ties in with autumn, and as fall is my favorite season, I celebrate it all throughout the month. October and November are very active months for me this year; lots of concerts, films, parties, and even a bit of travelling involved. I'm looking forward to seeing Infamous, The Black Dahlia, and The Nightmare Before Christmas, 3D, in theatres. Also a double feature of cult films in Film Club, and some field trips and parties in French club, and some other parties which are ... of an entirely different variety! I have tickets for WYWH Pink Floyd Tribute, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and Hair the musical. Aussie Floyd and The Decemberists are also in the prospective. Tres chic!

In total, I think I'm going to Columbus six times within the next two months, and on a heavier note I have three massive school projects due this upcoming Friday. Today I'm going to the Potato Festival, hur hur, but essentially do not know what I'll be doing on Halloween night. Something fantastique, preferably.
It's mine and one of my friends birthdays just before Halloween so we might have a halloween party. If we do im thinking of dressing up as one of Pink's men and make one of the masks to go with it.
FantasticFloyd Wrote:Halloween ties in with autumn, and as fall is my favorite season, I celebrate it all throughout the month. October and November are very active months for me this year; lots of concerts, films, parties, and even a bit of travelling involved. I'm looking forward to seeing Infamous, The Black Dahlia, and The Nightmare Before Christmas, 3D, in theatres. Also a double feature of cult films in Film Club, and some field trips and parties in French club, and some other parties which are ... of an entirely different variety! I have tickets for WYWH Pink Floyd Tribute, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and Hair the musical. Aussie Floyd and The Decemberists are also in the prospective. Tres chic!

In total, I think I'm going to Columbus six times within the next two months, and on a heavier note I have three massive school projects due this upcoming Friday. Today I'm going to the Potato Festival, hur hur, but essentially do not know what I'll be doing on Halloween night. Something fantastique, preferably.
We should hang out on halloween :)
This will most likely be my last year going out trick-or-treating. I'm probably too old for it but I don't care, I want candy.
I think I'll give out candy in my white suit and say I'm Jesus. I think he'd dress in a white suit if he came back.
I'll probably throw candy at the little kids that run around and hope they go away.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's