Pink Floyd Online Forums

Full Version: Led Zeppelin are a bunch of overrated c**ks. - That's right, I said it...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Simply put, led zeppelin are ROCK and FANTASTIC
I don't understand how you (AC) could say they have no passion. Have you ever seen footage of a live Led Zeppelin performance? I would assume, since you once liked them, you have. Passion coming out all over the place.

Edited By carefulwiththataxeEugene on 1166455085
i think zeppelin are one hell of a band.. but yes, they are overrated. but the word overrated is overused :;):
carefulwiththataxeEugene Wrote:I don't understand how you (AC) could say they have no passion. Have you ever seen footage of a live Led Zeppelin performance? I would assume, since you once liked them, you have. Passion coming out all over the place.
I just don't like them anymore. I don't know why. I just don't.
im the same i got very into then when the live Led Zeppelin dvd and album came out in 2003 but now i cant listen to them anymore very overrated IMO a few good songs but half of their riffs etc are nicked from other bands
FelicityKendall'sUnderwear Wrote:It always annoyed me that they seemed more into trying to bang groupies, than focusing on the music. It was all about how tight Robert Plant's trousers were. :laugh:
I love Led Zep, but I think you're all entitled to your opinions.

I don't think anything BUT passion comes from Page's guitar. How can one play like that without passion? And "trying to bang groupies" is kinda what being a rock star was all about.
carefulwiththataxeEugene Wrote:I don't understand how you (AC) could say they have no passion. Have you ever seen footage of a live Led Zeppelin performance? I would assume, since you once liked them, you have. Passion coming out all over the place.
Here, here.
"The Song Remains The Same" is passion-less and Pulse is full of passion? ??? ....well people who think that had better look the word up in the dictionary.

Mind you, I don`t play them too much nowadays...still think they`re great...I just over-played them in my youth.

Edited By Philintheflesh on 1166469225
AndersonCouncill Wrote:I used to love--no, adore--them. But really, a bunch of stale bluesmen who have no real passion for the craft they do, coked up, flamboyant, no sense of poignancy, when they did attempt something artful it came off as slobbenly and stupid ("Stairway To Heaven"). If I hear one more person compare Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin or The Who and Led Zeppelin, I swear to Mein Gott In Himmell, I shall murder you all.

Now, all you Zeppelin-haters, put the bass up on your CD and if you're feeling punk, stand on your roof in a crowd of Robert Plant-loving poseurs, and crank up "I Hate Led Zeppelin" by Screeching Weasel.
anderson, you are an idiot. Led zeppelin was an extremely talented group, that especially showed off their versatility on the more acoustic songs like "The rain song" and "The battle of evermore". The are one of the most versitile bands ever, even moreso than pink floyd. they could go from metal, to hard rock, to acoustic, and all still contain their signature sound. the lyrics for the most part were crap when jimmy wrote them, but they were all outstanding musicians
Grguitarfreek100 Wrote:
AndersonCouncill Wrote:I used to love--no, adore--them. But really, a bunch of stale bluesmen who have no real passion for the craft they do, coked up, flamboyant, no sense of poignancy, when they did attempt something artful it came off as slobbenly and stupid ("Stairway To Heaven"). If I hear one more person compare Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin or The Who and Led Zeppelin, I swear to Mein Gott In Himmell, I shall murder you all.

Now, all you Zeppelin-haters, put the bass up on your CD and if you're feeling punk, stand on your roof in a crowd of Robert Plant-loving poseurs, and crank up "I Hate Led Zeppelin" by Screeching Weasel.
anderson, you are an idiot. Led zeppelin was an extremely talented group, that especially showed off their versatility on the more acoustic songs like "The rain song" and "The battle of evermore". The are one of the most versitile bands ever, even moreso than pink floyd. they could go from metal, to hard rock, to acoustic, and all still contain their signature sound. the lyrics for the most part were crap when jimmy wrote them, but they were all outstanding musicians
Let's refrain from the name-calling please. I think you can get your point across without unnecessary name-calling
sorry, it just seemed blasphemous to me

changing

anderson, it is an idiotic statment to say that, and i know you arent an idiot so why did you state it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reference URL's