Pink Floyd Online Forums

Full Version: Led Zeppelin are a bunch of overrated c**ks. - That's right, I said it...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Three Different Ones Wrote:
Grguitarfreek100 Wrote:
AndersonCouncill Wrote:I used to love--no, adore--them. But really, a bunch of stale bluesmen who have no real passion for the craft they do, coked up, flamboyant, no sense of poignancy, when they did attempt something artful it came off as slobbenly and stupid ("Stairway To Heaven"). If I hear one more person compare Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin or The Who and Led Zeppelin, I swear to Mein Gott In Himmell, I shall murder you all.

Now, all you Zeppelin-haters, put the bass up on your CD and if you're feeling punk, stand on your roof in a crowd of Robert Plant-loving poseurs, and crank up "I Hate Led Zeppelin" by Screeching Weasel.
anderson, you are an idiot. Led zeppelin was an extremely talented group, that especially showed off their versatility on the more acoustic songs like "The rain song" and "The battle of evermore". The are one of the most versitile bands ever, even moreso than pink floyd. they could go from metal, to hard rock, to acoustic, and all still contain their signature sound. the lyrics for the most part were crap when jimmy wrote them, but they were all outstanding musicians
Let's refrain from the name-calling please. I think you can get your point across without unnecessary name-calling
thanks TDO...name calling and swearing are against the rules of posting, besides being just plain rude...please, please, please refrain from these childish practices...everyone has an opinion and they're entitled to it...
in this case...don't compare or judge apples and oranges as stated before..this is a interesting topic, let's discuss it politely..I personally think AC"s lost his mind this time, but, it's his opinion and I respect that...I wish he could've thought of a better title for the thread though...

remember, it's possible to edit your own posts ???
i rephrased it...

i am ashamed of myself..... :sleepy: :(
Grguitarfreek100 Wrote:i rephrased it...

i am ashamed of myself..... :sleepy: :(
thank you for that....pfo...feel the love! good job by you!
Philintheflesh Wrote:
carefulwiththataxeEugene Wrote:I don't understand how you (AC) could say they have no passion. Have you ever seen footage of a live Led Zeppelin performance? I would assume, since you once liked them, you have. Passion coming out all over the place.
Here, here.
"The Song Remains The Same" is passion-less and Pulse is full of passion? ??? ....well people who think that had better look the word up in the dictionary.

Mind you, I don`t play them too much nowadays...still think they`re great...I just over-played them in my youth.
I did the same thing. I only just recently was able to listen to them again without cringing. It seems like that happens a lot with this band. The overplaying thing. Would people react like that if the music had no passion? And just because someone gets sick of them how are they suddenly overrated. That's what I'd like to know. Overrated how? No one's stated why they think they are overrated. They just throw the word out like they have something to base it on. So back it up now. It would be interesting to see if there's an actual point to be made.
mhm Never got into them, I probably will at some point but not until I have every single floyd song in my library, and probably after that too :p
Sadie Wrote:
Philintheflesh Wrote:
carefulwiththataxeEugene Wrote:I don't understand how you (AC) could say they have no passion. Have you ever seen footage of a live Led Zeppelin performance? I would assume, since you once liked them, you have. Passion coming out all over the place.
Here, here.
"The Song Remains The Same" is passion-less and Pulse is full of passion? ??? ....well people who think that had better look the word up in the dictionary.

Mind you, I don`t play them too much nowadays...still think they`re great...I just over-played them in my youth.
I did the same thing. I only just recently was able to listen to them again without cringing. It seems like that happens a lot with this band. The overplaying thing. Would people react like that if the music had no passion? And just because someone gets sick of them how are they suddenly overrated. That's what I'd like to know. Overrated how? No one's stated why they think they are overrated. They just throw the word out like they have something to base it on. So back it up now. It would be interesting to see if there's an actual point to be made.
The word overrated is based on opinion, it's not like a fact. If you think something gets more praise than it's worth, you'd say it's overrated. I've used the term regarding The Dark Side of the Moon and I've explained why. I just think they get a little more credit than they deserve given what they were and what they did
The two disc Led Zeppelin DVD set is incredible -- much better than the stuff on Song Remains the Same. And "In the Light" is an epic -- worthy of Floydian comparisons!

Edited By W1P on 1166482969
Disc 1 of the Led Zeppelin live dvd is good but i a tad boring IMO Disc 2 is fricking awsome Knebworth the best footage on the whole disc.

Achilles last stand
In The Evening
Kashmir
Whole Lotta Love

are brilliant performances also the Earls court footage is quite good the aucostic songs are nice and Trampled Underfoot is brillaint
Misty Mountain Hop is cool too.
I personally feel that many LZ songs have been overplayed by radio and I do think that the band is given too much praise to an extent. LZ III is a really great album, that one is my 2nd favorite after LZ II. III is so different from their other albums, it's much more acoustic. LZ IV is probably one of the most OVERrated albums of all time. Every song on the album, save TBOE & Four Sticks have been massively overplayed by radio. Stairway To Heaven isn't even that great of a song. Sure they had a lot of fantastic songs but a lot of the songs are beginning to sound similar to me.

Conclusion (all my opinion): LZ were a great band, although very overrated at times. They had a lot of great songs and they had a lot of songs that were overplayed. Their influence cannot be denied though. I rarely listen to any of their full albums anymore, save LZ I through LZ III. Otherwise, I'm taking a long break from hearing their music.
This thread rules. Finally somebody is ballsy enough to just say it. Plant is easily the most overrated vocalist...ever. He gets on my nerves. Everybody thinks they're so insanely talented. Bonham was awesome, I'll give you that. The only drummers better than him in my book are Dale Crover and Tim Alexander.

I like The Jesus Lizard. rocker
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reference URL's