Most Snappy, Feel-Good Pink Floyd Album - ^^^ - Printable Version
+- Pink Floyd Online Forums (http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Songs and Albums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Most Snappy, Feel-Good Pink Floyd Album - ^^^ (/showthread.php?tid=1379)
- Hal 9000 - 03-18-2004 06:55 PM
Well? Which one puts you in a good mood.
Which one puts that shine into your day?
- floydianyid - 03-19-2004 12:08 AM
piper at the gates of dawn
- Myriad Small Creature - 03-19-2004 01:12 AM
floydianyid Wrote:piper at the gates of dawnI'll buy that.
- Seamus - 03-19-2004 02:13 AM
Also Obscured by Clouds - more upbeat than almost anything else on the PF discography. This is why I've voted for it.
- Caravanserai - 03-19-2004 11:31 AM
I don't know. I mostly listen to Pink Floyd at the end of the day.
- bak2life - 03-19-2004 01:09 PM
Division Bell again.
- Oobleck42 - 03-19-2004 02:26 PM
Piper is the only one that even remotely comes close to sending off "snappy, feel-good" vibes, in my opinion.
- floydianyid - 03-19-2004 04:48 PM
Oobleck42 Wrote:Piper is the only one that even remotely comes close to sending off "snappy, feel-good" vibes, in my opinion.EXACTLY :D
- PinkSchism - 03-19-2004 06:58 PM
lol all (most)those albums are about death,depression,insanity, and the etc. I would have to say Piper
- scarlet payge - 03-19-2004 10:32 PM
what? no votes for the wall? (just kidding) definitely the whimsical and colorful piper at the gates of dawn.
- Kimbers Sheep - 03-19-2004 11:21 PM
floydianyid Wrote:agreed, and agreedOobleck42 Wrote:Piper is the only one that even remotely comes close to sending off "snappy, feel-good" vibes, in my opinion.EXACTLY :D
- Halfsteel - 03-20-2004 05:59 AM
actually any of these albums could be "snappy/feel-good" if you think in the like, jumping around playing air guitar and having a "feel-good" time.
but really, in the area of the meaning of the album, Piper, of course!
- Hal 9000 - 03-20-2004 06:11 AM
Yeah, I'd think The Wall wouldn't gotten at least one vote.
I'd vote for it, but I'm not going to vote in my own poll.
- Dramamine - 03-20-2004 12:16 PM
What about dark side of the moon? After those last notes, i just get a feeling of bliss.
Edited By Dramamine on 1079813841
- Myriad Small Creature - 03-20-2004 01:36 PM
Kimbers Sheep Wrote:Yeah trying to apply the "snappy, toe-tapping, feel good" label to most Floyd albums is like trying to figure out which Kiss album is somber enough to play at a funeral. Piper's really the only one that fits the description.floydianyid Wrote:agreed, and agreedOobleck42 Wrote:Piper is the only one that even remotely comes close to sending off "snappy, feel-good" vibes, in my opinion.EXACTLY :D
- Ignis Fatuus - 03-25-2004 03:56 AM
The early singles make me smile.
- floydianyid - 03-25-2004 04:01 AM
SUPREME SYD RULES AGAIN
- Ignis Fatuus - 03-25-2004 04:21 AM
What psycho would get in a snappy, feel-good mood when listing to The Wall?
- wowser - 03-27-2004 07:23 PM
pink floyd, almost by definition, are not a snappy feel-good band
- Ignis Fatuus - 03-28-2004 01:57 AM
wowser Wrote:pink floyd, almost by definition, are not a snappy feel-good bandThat's where The Beach Boys come in...
- slygirl - 03-28-2004 02:06 AM
PinkSchism Wrote:lol all (most)those albums are about death,depression,insanity, and the etc.which is excatly why i chose DSoTM. unfortunately being a realist these reasons you mentioned are true and whats the point in trying to escape it? its inevitable.
:( *cry* :(
- wowser - 03-28-2004 08:13 AM
Ignis Fatuus Wrote:I love the intro to California Girls.wowser Wrote:pink floyd, almost by definition, are not a snappy feel-good bandThat's where The Beach Boys come in...
- Ignis Fatuus - 03-28-2004 10:25 PM
Here we go...
- Kimbers Sheep - 03-28-2004 10:54 PM
Ignis, please don't go there...
- Ignis Fatuus - 03-28-2004 11:00 PM
Kimbers Sheep Wrote:Ignis, please don't go there...Go where? Directly to hell?
- Kimbers Sheep - 03-28-2004 11:04 PM
Disco Hell, hehehehe
- Ignis Fatuus - 03-28-2004 11:05 PM
- slygirl - 03-28-2004 11:07 PM
Ignis Fatuus Wrote:Here we go...they sound like they were castrated.....owwww
- Ignis Fatuus - 03-28-2004 11:10 PM
slygirl Wrote:They look it, too.Ignis Fatuus Wrote:Here we go...they sound like they were castrated.....owwww
- slygirl - 03-28-2004 11:11 PM
LOL.........yea :laugh: :laugh:
- wowser - 03-29-2004 03:48 AM
- slygirl - 03-29-2004 03:57 AM
wowser Wrote::)OH BOY!!!!!! there was a thread talking about these wankers and a link to hear their version of pink floyd song. well,i listened and they f****** sucked. they also had an email address and said feedback would be appreciated. well, i am sure they did NOT appreciate my comments just as i hated their horrible cover of PF. IMO these chicks SUCK!!!!!!!!! (puking emoticon here)
- wowser - 03-29-2004 04:01 AM
I really like them! They are a fun band and are doing something different from the mainstream :)
- slygirl - 03-29-2004 04:07 AM
wowser Wrote:I really like them! They are a fun band and are doing something different from the mainstream :)perhaps i shouldnt have been so negative in my descibing them. it was not very Zen of me. but i'm trying. sorry bout that. lets try again......
IMO i did not care for their music.
- floydianyid - 03-29-2004 04:53 AM
wowser Wrote:I really like them! They are a fun band and are doing something different from the mainstream :)come on wowser they are a fun band but so are the beegees and they are both rubbish IMO :D
- wowser - 03-29-2004 04:55 AM
I like em both! :love:
- floydianyid - 03-29-2004 04:57 AM
wowser Wrote:I like em both! :love:I'm in shock :O
- wowser - 03-29-2004 05:00 AM
You WIn Again!
- floydianyid - 03-29-2004 05:02 AM
wowser Wrote:You WIn Again!LMFAO
- wowser - 03-29-2004 05:11 AM
My dad looks like Robyn Gibb did in the Top of the Pops appearance for that!
- Lumiere - 07-26-2004 10:10 AM
- wowser - 08-06-2004 05:00 PM
this poll is piss poor. what was the point of it?
- Kimbers Sheep - 08-06-2004 10:10 PM
to make you feel "snappy" wowser :D
- Interstellar_Overdrive - 08-07-2004 05:25 PM
Sweet jesus, The Wall got 2 votes. The Wall is the most depressing album (and best, however :;): ) EVER.
I voted for Piper, but OBC would be in second.
- GreenasSubmarine - 08-08-2004 10:44 AM
Would have to go with "Piper"
- Libbywaters74 - 08-13-2004 05:59 AM
Meddle its just very feel good
- The Lunatic - 08-16-2004 08:35 PM
I'm not sure whether there is such a thing.
I don't think that's what PF is about in terms of what they were trying to achieve in a creative sense. Floyd was about exspansion and exploration.
- Space Cadet - 08-17-2004 01:41 AM
Piper at the Gates of Dawn, in my opinion, is a rather cheery album. If you think about it, Pink Floyd's music seemd a lot happier when Syd was with them... the rest of their music I find very depressing, which is suitable for me at most times of my day. So Piper it is.
- TheTimbit - 08-17-2004 10:46 AM
try listenin to echoes off meddle in the dark by your self or with friends, some say it has a message i say 23 minutes of psychedelic rock mother fucker
- Skeid - 08-31-2004 11:03 AM
Piper makes me feeel goood.
- pfloyd1985 - 08-31-2004 01:45 PM
yeah, piper, the gnome will always brighten up my day
- Steve Hill - 08-31-2004 03:21 PM
I think it would be safe to say that the majority here feel that Piper is the only album to have almost entirely feel good music on it. I do think meddle is very good for this feeling too though and when i ignore the underlying message in DSOTM, I can feel pretty darn good afterwards.
- wowser - 08-31-2004 03:27 PM
Snappy, feelgood album? Go, by Dexter Gordon
- Steve Hill - 08-31-2004 03:37 PM
wowser Wrote:Snappy, feelgood album? Go, by Dexter GordonUnfortunately the title states "feel-good Pink floyd album"
- wowser - 08-31-2004 03:46 PM
Steve Hill Wrote:that's just being pickywowser Wrote:Snappy, feelgood album? Go, by Dexter GordonUnfortunately the title states "feel-good Pink floyd album"
- Prism - 08-31-2004 04:23 PM
- Lumiere - 09-01-2004 01:57 AM
Piper, or OBC.
- carefulwiththataxeEugene - 12-07-2004 07:47 AM
Gotta admit...that I'm a little bit confused. Surely this poll is about feeling good, and yet "The Wall" and "Animals" garnered even one vote each? At least there's none for "The Final Cut"...yet.
- Steve Hill - 12-07-2004 10:07 AM
Ever heard of irony?
Those votes were made on purpose, but I am surprised to see this topic ressurected. Kimbers et al, perhaps a little edit is required too, I have only just noticed it.
Edited By Steve Hill on 1102442882
- carefulwiththataxeEugene - 12-07-2004 10:21 AM
I know, and yes, I know what irony is, but I just couldn't resist an opportunity to quote "Dogs."
And hey, maybe it's not ironic; Neil Young once said that "Tonight's the Night" is a feel-good album if you're in the right frame of mind (stoned, I guess...).
Edited By carefulwiththataxeEugene on 1102451354
- Pink_Layne - 12-07-2004 06:11 PM
- Madcap Laughs - 01-16-2005 05:20 PM
Piper, has a beatles feels to it.
- DiscoPigs - 01-16-2005 06:17 PM
Animals puts me in the best mood since it's my favorite, but the most snappy album musically would be Piper.
- Gilmour00 - 01-16-2005 06:41 PM
Obscured by Clouds and Piper
- sea green queen - 01-18-2005 03:20 PM
RE: Most Snappy, Feel-Good Pink Floyd Album - ^^^ - FlashTheReadiesWotsUhTheDeal - 10-12-2009 03:38 PM
Atom Heart Mother
RE: Most Snappy, Feel-Good Pink Floyd Album - ^^^ - You CAN Avoid the Floyd - 10-12-2009 04:15 PM
Piper at the Gates of Dawn. No-brainer.
RE: Most Snappy, Feel-Good Pink Floyd Album - ^^^ - Three Different Ones - 10-19-2009 11:37 AM
Piper..easily. Wow, finally a poll Dark Side isn't winning.
RE: Most Snappy, Feel-Good Pink Floyd Album - ^^^ - Wings on the Pig - 10-19-2009 01:09 PM
Piper at the Gates of Dawn. I wouldn't call any of the others 'feel-good albums' to be honest.
RE: Most Snappy, Feel-Good Pink Floyd Album - ^^^ - Lady Floydian - 10-23-2009 11:17 AM
Piper. All the other albums, as great as they are, are very heavy lyrically. I've never heard of someone putting The Wall on at a party to liven things up. LOL
RE: Most Snappy, Feel-Good Pink Floyd Album - ^^^ - azimuth - 10-23-2009 02:06 PM
Atom Heart Mother
I'm not sure if snappy and feel good are words to describe any Pink Floyd album though!