Pink Floyd Online Forums
Pink Floyd Unreleased songs - Printable Version

+- Pink Floyd Online Forums (http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Songs and Albums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Pink Floyd Unreleased songs (/showthread.php?tid=15457)

Pink Floyd Unreleased songs - nameslot - 01-03-2010 09:52 PM

Hey
I currently own all of Pink Floyds Albums bought the 'Oh By The Way' boxset, and I own Pink Floyds "Early Singles" CD, yet i am wondering if anyone can tell me anymore Pink Floyd songs that cannot be found on any albums besides the ROIO's.
Basically, i am looking for a list of songs that are not located on any Pink Floyd albums, such as "Crumbling Land" and "Heart Beat Pig Meat" even though those were on an album, it wasnt an all pink floyd album. so, a list of pink floyd songs tat are ROIO's or are not an any albums would be greatly appreciated! and yes, i am aware of 'A Tree Full of Secrets' Thanks!

RE: Pink Floyd Unreleased songs - MacPhisto - 01-03-2010 11:10 PM

Either the spammers have gotten better at English, or this is a genuine member.

RE: Pink Floyd Unreleased songs - Lady Floydian - 01-03-2010 11:36 PM

Well, his signature is not mentioning memory cards, Nintendo cards, or some kind of herbal/vitamin supplement, so maybe he is for real.

RE: Pink Floyd Unreleased songs - azimuth - 01-04-2010 07:04 AM

And it would be so nice to have real fans here... (pun intended)

RE: Pink Floyd Unreleased songs - Pig (The Third One) - 01-04-2010 12:47 PM

While we're on the topic, I know it's not technically unreleased (There was the live version), but did they make a studio version of What Shall We Do Now??

RE: Pink Floyd Unreleased songs - Lady Floydian - 01-04-2010 01:17 PM

They did, yes. However it's never been officially released on any CD. You can only get it by bootlegging it from the movie The Wall. It starts during the animation of the f.ucking flowers and then continues through until you see the character Pink turn into a hammer.

RE: Pink Floyd Unreleased songs - Pig (The Third One) - 01-04-2010 01:34 PM

(01-04-2010 01:17 PM)Electrophile Wrote:  They did, yes. However it's never been officially released on any CD. You can only get it by bootlegging it from the movie The Wall. It starts during the animation of the f.ucking flowers and then continues through until you see the character Pink turn into a hammer.

I remember that, but wasn't sure if they just cleaned up the live version or something.

RE: Pink Floyd Unreleased songs - TheKunadiun - 01-04-2010 10:44 PM

Yeah if you get Is There Anybody out There? live itll have what shall we do now? on it. I didnt know they had a studio release though.

RE: Pink Floyd Unreleased songs - Pig (The Third One) - 01-05-2010 01:38 PM

(01-04-2010 10:44 PM)TheKunadiun Wrote:  Yeah if you get Is There Anybody out There? live itll have what shall we do now? on it. I didnt know they had a studio release though.

Have it, but I'm going to look for the studio release online sometime.

RE: Pink Floyd Unreleased songs - Androkles - 01-05-2010 11:17 PM

There's no official studio release of What Shall We Do Now.

RE: Pink Floyd Unreleased songs - Lady Floydian - 01-05-2010 11:41 PM

Not official as in released on a CD, but the studio version of the song is used in The Wall movie, which is where people who want it have to rip it from.

RE: Pink Floyd Unreleased songs - Parsifal - 01-06-2010 01:21 AM

"What Shall We Do Now?" was originally supposed to appear on the The Wall album, but they removed it due to vinyl limitations - you can only fit so much to a side. I don't know why they didn't include it on the CD release, since that was the way they originally wanted it and CDs don't have that limitation.

RE: Pink Floyd Unreleased songs - Pink Flow - 01-06-2010 05:23 AM

(01-06-2010 01:21 AM)Parsifal Wrote:  I don't know why they didn't include it on the CD release, since that was the way they originally wanted it and CDs don't have that limitation.

They are probably saving it for some forthcoming remastered anniversary edition with a booklet.

RE: Pink Floyd Unreleased songs - mageestout - 01-26-2010 06:59 AM

Am I missing something here? This question is so easily answered:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unreleased_Pink_Floyd_songs
http://pinkfloydhyperbase.dk/unreleased/index.html