Pink Floyd Online Forums
Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Printable Version

+- Pink Floyd Online Forums (http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Band (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Roger Waters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." (/showthread.php?tid=16426)

Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Lady Floydian - 05-29-2011 07:02 AM

http://www.nme.com/news/pink-floyd/56958

Roger Waters recently did a set on BBC's Desert Island Discs, where he talked at one point, about David and Nick's appearance at the O2 for one of the shows on his tour, and how while he was grateful for the time he spent in the band and the work they did, he has no desire to put the group back together.

Quote:"I'm really glad that I was in that band for the 20 years that I was in it and I really enjoyed it. I think we did some great work together but I have no wish to do it ever again," he commented.

So there's that, I guess.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Cabbage Love - 05-29-2011 08:54 AM

Let's keep our hopes up for one or two more solo albums from Roger and/or David then. :-)

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Lady Floydian - 05-29-2011 09:13 AM

Absolutely. Another solo album from David would be fantastic.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Arno Sluismans - 05-29-2011 10:13 AM

Yeah, because another Waters album would totally not be fantastic, right?

Whatever happens, I think that although Pink Floyd won't reunite anymore, I'm quite sure that its remaining former members will, in relatively small things like Dave & Roger's concert last year, and Roger's concert a few weeks ago in London. Some time ago, I still wanted them to do another album together, but I've changed my mind on that.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Lady Floydian - 05-29-2011 10:16 AM

I'm not a fan of his solo material, so to me I'm not interested in if he makes another solo album or not. I know his fans, of which you count yourself one, hope he does.

Don't read into things that which are not there.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Joe - 05-29-2011 10:19 AM

God, Roger is an ass.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Lady Floydian - 05-29-2011 10:34 AM

Huh? How is he an ass? He said he doesn't want to get Pink Floyd back together again. That's a reasonable statement for a 66-year old man to make. David has said the same things time and time again since Live 8, does that make him an ass too?

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - cevor - 05-29-2011 10:56 AM

That's good Rog, because you can't reunite Pink Floyd, you quit, remember?

Personally I really hope for a new solo album from him. His previous ones are remarkable.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - russian - 05-29-2011 11:20 AM

(05-29-2011 10:19 AM)Joe Wrote:  God, Roger is an ass.

umm.... how is he an ass. i dont understand that.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Joe - 05-30-2011 08:37 AM

Let alone the whole "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd" thing. It's all stacking up to me, he's being egocentric, he's saying he has no wish to reunite Pink Floyd when he doesn't even have the power to...I've been watching many of his interviews, and they're quite annoying. He keeps picking on Nick the entire time. He's just an ass. I liked him when he was young.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Lady Floydian - 05-30-2011 09:04 AM

You don't like him now and prefer him when he was younger..........when he was 10x worse (attitude-wise) than he is now? That makes no sense.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - russian - 05-30-2011 09:30 AM

(05-30-2011 08:37 AM)Joe Wrote:  Let alone the whole "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd" thing. It's all stacking up to me, he's being egocentric, he's saying he has no wish to reunite Pink Floyd when he doesn't even have the power to...I've been watching many of his interviews, and they're quite annoying. He keeps picking on Nick the entire time. He's just an ass. I liked him when he was young.

he was far worse than he was young dude. if hes such an asshole then why did play with pink floyd in live 8 for charity, i mean he didnt have to do that and he didnt earn crap for doing it either(not to mension how he played with gilmour for the hoping foundation.).

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Cabbage Love - 05-30-2011 09:38 AM

Roger is not being an egocentric ass this time. He's ending speculation, which is a good thing.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Joe - 05-30-2011 10:05 AM

Have you guys seen his interviews about Nick? He kicked Rick out of the band!

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Lady Floydian - 05-30-2011 10:36 AM

We know that. What does that have to do with the person he is now? It happened 32 years ago. If by the time Rick died, he and Roger had made their peace, there's no reason for anyone else to still have a bug up their butt about it.

Furthermore, what interviews about Nick are you even talking about? I read Brain Damage pretty much daily, and I haven't seen an interview with him yet where he's sh!tting on the guy, or for that matter even talking about him. At the O2, he seemed damn-near overcome that he and David were even standing on the same stage as him. That doesn't read like a person who for all intents and purposes, still hates them, or even one of them.

So I'd really like some backup for what you're saying.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Arno Sluismans - 05-30-2011 10:52 AM

(05-30-2011 10:05 AM)Joe Wrote:  Have you guys seen his interviews about Nick? He kicked Rick out of the band!

He did. Thirty years ago. When he was younger. That doesn't make him an asshole now, does it?

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Joe - 05-30-2011 02:12 PM

He's not an asshole, he's an ass.
Just skip to 2:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YNnAy3MH7k

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Lady Floydian - 05-30-2011 02:46 PM

You're being utterly and completely unreasonable. I don't know if he kicked your dog, spit on you or what, but this grudge you have against him for I don't know what reason is just......I don't know.

I watched the bit you're talking about.....what are we supposed to take away from it? He said they were friends and had recently reconciled and become friends again. He didn't say anything insulting.

I'm not even Roger's biggest fan musically and I wouldn't go nearly as far over the line as you've gone. My word.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Joe - 05-30-2011 02:56 PM

Roger Waters did not kick my dog.

He said Nick never contributed to anything. He also said Nick is not in a position to talk about inspiration. He also said that after Syd left, everybody except for Nick "obviously" were trying to write new songs.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Lady Floydian - 05-30-2011 03:01 PM

Well, in a completely literal sense, Nick didn't contribute anything -- he has no writing credits, save songs where all four of them were credited, and then Speak To Me from TDSOTM. I would surmise, seeing as Roger plainly said they were friends, that he wasn't attempting to be insulting or denigrate the role he had in the band. Nick contributed a lot as a musician in terms of his drumming on their songs, but I don't think that's the kind of "contribution" Roger was asked about or was talking about. As to his second point, Nick DIDN'T write any songs after Syd left. That's fact. He's said before more than a few times that he was never a writer, and left that up to other more capable people. You know, like David, Roger, and Rick.

I think you're at the point now where you're just so blinded by your dislike for the guy, you're taking anything he says and then attributing it to malice.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - russian - 05-30-2011 05:25 PM

(05-30-2011 02:56 PM)Joe Wrote:  Roger Waters did not kick my dog.

He said Nick never contributed to anything. He also said Nick is not in a position to talk about inspiration. He also said that after Syd left, everybody except for Nick "obviously" were trying to write new songs.

even if some1 didnt know much about pink floyd u would know that nick probably didnt contribute much because hes a drummer(probably the lowest position in a band songwriting wise). and i will admit for a drummer writing as much as 2 songs on ur own is extremely alot. and, besides this interview was in 2006. how would u know if he still feels the same about nicks contribution. opinions can change in a matter of days(it sure does for me often Biggrin).

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Joe - 05-30-2011 09:09 PM

Mayhaps.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Kimbers Sheep - 05-31-2011 08:04 AM

(05-30-2011 05:25 PM)russian Wrote:  
(05-30-2011 02:56 PM)Joe Wrote:  Roger Waters did not kick my dog.

even if some1 didnt know much about pink floyd u would know that nick probably didnt contribute much because hes a drummer(probably the lowest position in a band songwriting wise). and i will admit for a drummer writing as much as 2 songs on ur own is extremely alot. and, besides this interview was in 2006. how would u know if he still feels the same about nicks contribution. opinions can change in a matter of days(it sure does for me often Biggrin).

Neil Peart writes pretty much all of the lyrics for RUSH...

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Lady Floydian - 05-31-2011 08:40 AM

Also Levon Helm, Phil Collins, and Don Henley.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - russian - 05-31-2011 09:34 AM

im not saying all drummers dont write songs im just saying that its uncommon. sure there are people like phil collins and don henley. and, anybody can write lyrics(i can get a 10 year old to do it.)

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Kimbers Sheep - 05-31-2011 10:43 AM

I totally disagree, if anyone could everyone would, and yes, I know everyone can but I can paint, very badly but I can still do it. There's a huge difference between being able to do something and being able to do it successfully.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - russian - 05-31-2011 11:40 AM

(05-31-2011 10:43 AM)Kimbers Sheep Wrote:  I totally disagree, if anyone could everyone would, and yes, I know everyone can but I can paint, very badly but I can still do it. There's a huge difference between being able to do something and being able to do it successfully.

yes, and my point is that being a drummer doesnt have anything to do with writing lyrics.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Kimbers Sheep - 05-31-2011 12:25 PM

What? What difference does it possibly make whether you are drummer, guitarist or freaking roadie, whoever is best at lyrics typically writes the lyrics. My point was you saying that anyone (and according to you except drummers) can write lyrics strikes me as erroneous.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - russian - 05-31-2011 06:47 PM

(05-31-2011 12:25 PM)Kimbers Sheep Wrote:  What? What difference does it possibly make whether you are drummer, guitarist or freaking roadie, whoever is best at lyrics typically writes the lyrics. My point was you saying that anyone (and according to you except drummers) can write lyrics strikes me as erroneous.

glare my point in the first place is that drummers can write lyrics. but drums is not a good instrument for composing music itself.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Kimbers Sheep - 06-01-2011 06:43 AM

If that is your point then fine, perhaps it's a language issue, but that is NOT what you said, and while composing may not be the best/easiest way in many groups where the music is a collaboration all members add to the songs. I know bands who actually record the drums and guitars not only at different times but at different locations each feeding off the other's recording.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - silverpot - 06-01-2011 10:20 AM

Well, Phil Collins comes to mind. Not only a great drummer, but also a good song writer and arranger.
Also, Dream Theater's drummer Mike Portnoy was the real motor of that band, song writer, arranger, conceptualist, you name it. I wonder how they will sound without him.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - itsagas - 08-14-2011 08:57 PM

Without Rick, there is no band to reunite. I would have love it if Roger had said that instead. Sure hope to see the rest of them get together from time to time, though. It's just such a wonderful thing to see. Never fails to give me a huge lump in the throat.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - blue_ember - 08-19-2011 10:59 AM

(05-30-2011 02:46 PM)Lady Floydian Wrote:  You're being utterly and completely unreasonable. I don't know if he kicked your dog, spit on you or what, but this grudge you have against him (roger) for I don't know what reason is just......I don't know.

hahaha! is that a reference to the spitting incident at the montreal olympic arena during the touring of Animals????
(05-30-2011 05:25 PM)russian Wrote:  even if some1 didnt know much about pink floyd u would know that nick probably didnt contribute much because hes a drummer(probably the lowest position in a band songwriting wise). and i will admit for a drummer writing as much as 2 songs on ur own is extremely alot. and, besides this interview was in 2006. how would u know if he still feels the same about nicks contribution. opinions can change in a matter of days(it sure does for me often Biggrin).

two words: Phil Colins - "...is an English singer-songwriter, drummer, pianist and actor best known as a drummer and vocalist for English progressive rock group Genesis and as a solo artist." - Wikipedia.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Arno Sluismans - 08-19-2011 02:32 PM

Just adding the two words "Roger" and "Taylor" to this thread. Holy freaking cow, I never realized how awesome that person was until a few weeks ago.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - silverpot - 08-19-2011 03:28 PM

You're talking about the Queen drummer?
Awsome.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Arno Sluismans - 08-19-2011 03:31 PM

Yep, him. Biggrin
I love Queen for how they were four geniuses who each had their share of writing songs, and nobody was really more important than the others in my eyes... Although they still only had one front man. I wish more bands were like that.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - blue_ember - 08-19-2011 04:04 PM

I wish that a band could be perfectly even, thats how I would like it if I were in a band but chances are things won't be so even as you would want. It makes the band stronger and would probably last longer because they all have input and, as you said arno about queen, no one is greater than the person to your side. well then again only if they don't have a dominant, controlling personality so that its not a fight for track places... hm.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - jackpeter58 - 12-07-2011 10:50 PM

Roger Waters recently did a set on BBC's Desert Island Discs, where he talked at one point, about David and Nick's appearance at the O2 for one of the shows on his tour, and how while he was grateful for the time he spent in the band and the work they did, he has no desire to put the group back together.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - silverpot - 12-08-2011 11:26 AM

(12-07-2011 10:50 PM)jackpeter58 Wrote:  Roger Waters recently did a set on BBC's Desert Island Discs, where he talked at one point, about David and Nick's appearance at the O2 for one of the shows on his tour, and how while he was grateful for the time he spent in the band and the work they did, he has no desire to put the group back together.

It's not in Roger's power to put the band back together as he hasn't been a member for the last 26 years. He could of course ask nicely to be taken back into the fold, but I doubt he will. Laughing

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - runningshoes - 12-08-2011 11:28 AM

(12-08-2011 11:26 AM)silverpot Wrote:  
(12-07-2011 10:50 PM)jackpeter58 Wrote:  Roger Waters recently did a set on BBC's Desert Island Discs, where he talked at one point, about David and Nick's appearance at the O2 for one of the shows on his tour, and how while he was grateful for the time he spent in the band and the work they did, he has no desire to put the group back together.

It's not in Roger's power to put the band back together as he hasn't been a member for the last 26 years. He could of course ask nicely to be taken back into the fold, but I doubt he will. Laughing

There have been no members of Pink Floyd for 26 years. That whole Gilmour, Mason Wright thing was a fraud.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Joe - 12-08-2011 02:55 PM

(06-01-2011 10:20 AM)silverpot Wrote:  Well, Phil Collins comes to mind. Not only a great drummer, but also a good song writer and arranger.
Also, Dream Theater's drummer Mike Portnoy was the real motor of that band, song writer, arranger, conceptualist, you name it. I wonder how they will sound without him.
Christian Vander, leader of Magma. That band is a legend, and it would have never existed without Vander.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - silverpot - 12-09-2011 11:47 AM

(12-08-2011 11:28 AM)runningshoes Wrote:  There have been no members of Pink Floyd for 26 years. That whole Gilmour, Mason Wright thing was a fraud.

That's utter tosh!!!

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Joe - 12-09-2011 01:49 PM

Roger Waters can't reunite Pink Floyd because Roger Waters is not a member of Pink Floyd. KTHXBAI.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Lady Floydian - 12-11-2011 04:53 PM

(12-08-2011 11:28 AM)runningshoes Wrote:  There have been no members of Pink Floyd for 26 years. That whole Gilmour, Mason, Wright thing was a fraud.

What a pile of pish. Roger Waters is not, was not, and will continue not to be, the entirety of Pink Floyd. Roger chose to f*ck off and leave the group. What were David and Nick supposed to do? Pack it up and head home? They had every right to continue on as Pink Floyd, and they did. You don't have to like the music they produced, but that doesn't make what they did not Pink Floyd.

Thinking Waters was the whole of the band is a complete and total insult to the talents of everyone else who comprised the band. As if they had no say or hand in the group's success, it was all down to their egomaniacal and perpetually PMS'ing bassist.

Seriously. Pish.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - blue_ember - 12-11-2011 05:45 PM

wow its unfortunate that theres a minority of PF fans who beleive pink floyd ended at the Final Cut. I just don't understand! Why NOT listen to and appreciate, at the least, post-Roger Pink Floyd...

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - runningshoes - 12-11-2011 06:07 PM

"In 1985 guitarist David Gilmour began to assemble a group of musicians to work on his third solo album. At the end of 1986 he changed his mind, and decided that the new material would instead be included in a new Pink Floyd album."

A Momentary Lapse Of Reason

Signs of Life - Gilmour, Ezrin
Learning to Fly - Gilmour, Moore, Ezrin, Carin
The Dogs of War - Gilmour, Moore
One Slip - Gilmour, Manzanera
On the Turning Away - Gilmour, Moore
Yet Another Movie / Round and Around - Gilmour, Leonard / Gilmour
A New Machine (Part 1) - Gilmour
Terminal Frost (instrumental) - Gilmour
A New Machine (Part 2) - Gilmour
Sorrow - Gilmour

Sorry guys. I'm not buying it. Gilmour wants to put out a solo album but realizes it will probably be a flop like his first two, so he decides...people are stupid. I'll call it Pink Floyd and it will be succesful. I even bought into it when it first happened, but I was only 15 at the time.
(12-11-2011 05:45 PM)blue_ember Wrote:  wow its unfortunate that theres a minority of PF fans who beleive pink floyd ended at the Final Cut. I just don't understand! Why NOT listen to and appreciate, at the least, post-Roger Pink Floyd...

I like the post Waters era for what it is. It's not bad music, it's just not Pink Floyd. I understand my opinion pisses off the Gilmour fanboys and girls, but that's the way I see it.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Lady Floydian - 12-11-2011 07:28 PM

Ah yes, trot out the "fanboy/fangirl" argument. That'll help.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Dyolf - 12-12-2011 03:12 AM

It's true that a lot of the material started off as a possible Gilmour solo album, but the recordings were made by Pink Floyd. The recordings feature Dave and Nick (who were the only official members) and in parts, Rick too. That's Pink Floyd. It said "Pink Floyd" on the cover and the supporting tour was Pink Floyd. runningshoes can go suck eggs.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - runningshoes - 12-12-2011 05:44 AM

(12-12-2011 03:12 AM)Dyolf Wrote:  It's true that a lot of the material started off as a possible Gilmour solo album, but the recordings were made by Pink Floyd. The recordings feature Dave and Nick (who were the only official members) and in parts, Rick too. That's Pink Floyd. It said "Pink Floyd" on the cover and the supporting tour was Pink Floyd. runningshoes can go suck eggs.

Pickled eggs actually with a nice draft beer and some salt, but in all honesty, had Gilmour, who I don't dislike and whose work I love with what I consider the real Pink Floyd, would have been the one sucking eggs had he put his name on AMLOR. It and TDB are grossly sub-standard in terms of Pink Floyd works. I apologize for the fanboy/girl comment. I don't expect my OPINION to be agreed with, but I also don't expect it to be treated like garbage, and when it is, I get a little irked.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Dyolf - 12-12-2011 10:00 AM

You can't have an opinion on facts. Is AMLOR a Pink Floyd album? Yes. It's a fact. Is it a good Pink Floyd album? Well that's a matter of opinion.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - runningshoes - 12-12-2011 12:11 PM

(12-12-2011 10:00 AM)Dyolf Wrote:  You can't have an opinion on facts. Is AMLOR a Pink Floyd album? Yes. It's a fact. Is it a good Pink Floyd album? Well that's a matter of opinion.

Then I guess my opinion is that it never should have been called a Pink Floyd album.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - silverpot - 12-12-2011 12:56 PM

Whith that kind of reasoning, none of the albums after Piper should be called a Pink Floyd album.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - runningshoes - 12-12-2011 01:04 PM

(12-12-2011 12:56 PM)silverpot Wrote:  Whith that kind of reasoning, none of the albums after Piper should be called a Pink Floyd album.

When Syd left the band, they hadn't even remotely established themselves as the legends they are today, but by the time they finished The Wall, they had a firm grip on that status. Syd is a small, albeit, important piece of the Pink Floyd puzzle, but they were nothing when he left and I believe they became nothing when Waters left.

I've seen The Final Cut labeled a Waters solo album and I don't have a problem with anyone thinking that.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Lady Floydian - 12-12-2011 02:13 PM

The Final Cut may sound like a Waters solo album, but it's still a Pink Floyd album. There's been four incarnations of the band (technically five): Syd, Roger, Nick, Rick; Syd, David, Roger, Nick, Rick; David, Roger, Nick, Rick; David, Roger, Nick; David, Nick, Rick. Each incarnation put out albums as Pink Floyd. You can debate whether any of the offerings from those incarnations are any good, but they're all Pink Floyd albums. Just different kinds of Pink Floyd albums.

You may have been irked because you thought people were discounting your opinion as garbage, but I get irked when three people's combined talents are tossed in the sh*tter because one person wasn't there to ring lead. Roger is a remarkable talent, an amazing songwriter. He is not Pink Floyd. David is not Pink Floyd, Nick is not Pink Floyd, Syd wasn't Pink Floyd, and Rick wasn't Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd was a band, a group of amazing musicians who came together to create some of the greatest music ever made.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Arno Sluismans - 12-12-2011 05:46 PM

Maybe people consider post-Waters Pink Floyd as "not Pink Floyd" because the change was so sudden. All the way from Piper to The Final Cut, all changes were quite fluent, and every album had a lot of things in common with its respective predecessor and successor. The Final Cut and A Momentary Lapse of Reason have absolutely nothing in common, aside from the fact that it's obvious that both albums are made by incomplete forces. I also agree that both albums (A Momentary Lapse of Reason just as much as The Final Cut) gained a lot of sales because they weren't released as solo albums, and I'm actually quite sure that they took that in consideration when deciding whether they'd release those albums as solo or Pink Floyd stuff. You can hardly blame them for that though.

Other than that, I don't really see a point.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - A Saucerful of Secrets - 12-16-2011 10:26 PM

It's really a shame he feels that way. I think he is more interested in having his own band and calling all the shots. He knows Nick and Dave won't put up with that.

I think Nick and Dave ought to get the Floyd going again. Lots of greats they could bring in.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - Dyolf - 12-17-2011 05:55 AM

People say TFC sounds like a Waters solo album, but it doesn't. To me it sounds like an idea. It sounds like the basis for a really good album had Wright not gone and Dave given more vocal and music-tweeking duties, as on The Wall. Even though most of TW is credited as Waters solo compositions, without Dave following behind cleaning them up it wouldn't be as good. TFC also has some great guitar work by Dave - he was also producer on it but had his name removed from the credits when he fell out with Waters again and thought his production decisions were being undermined.

I have no quip with calling TFC or AMLOR "real" Pink Floyd albums at all.

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - silverpot - 12-17-2011 06:58 AM

(12-17-2011 05:55 AM)Dyolf Wrote:  People say TFC sounds like a Waters solo album, but it doesn't. To me it sounds like an idea. It sounds like the basis for a really good album had Wright not gone and Dave given more vocal and music-tweeking duties, as on The Wall. Even though most of TW is credited as Waters solo compositions, without Dave following behind cleaning them up it wouldn't be as good. TFC also has some great guitar work by Dave - he was also producer on it but had his name removed from the credits when he fell out with Waters again and thought his production decisions were being undermined.

I have no quip with calling TFC or AMLOR "real" Pink Floyd albums at all.

Well put. Thumbsup

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd." - donaldbond - 02-04-2012 08:10 AM

Whatever happens, I think that although Pink Floyd won't reunite anymore, I'm quite sure that its remaining former members will, in relatively small things like Dave & Roger's concert last year, and Roger's concert a few weeks ago in London. Some time ago, I still wanted them to do another album together, but I've changed my mind on that.