Is the music industry really like this?
UglyPratFace7 Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Is the music industry really like this?
Me and two friends of mine auditioned for the school band about a year ago. Two of us auditioned as guitarists while the other auditioned as a bassist. In the end we all passed, we were thinking 'happy days!' and I thought we'd get the musical freedom of expression. I was wrong.

We were forced to do X-Factor type stuff, which is what the singers were into. We weren't a band. It's as if we were just playing for someone else. We even tried to compromise by suggesting the Beatles or something (as they are well known) but our manager wasn't having any of it and the singers kept moaning.

I didn't feel like a guitarist at all. We all had four chord to play throughout the whole song, we couldn't even be creative with the instruments. It was all 'do what your told to'.

Rehearsals became tedious as it was all very repetitive.

When it came to the performance it was pretty bad. I was pretty miserable about it all, as I got fed up with playing the same chords for the past three months. My timing and rhythm was out completely. Thank goodness the other (better) guitarist was there. It was pretty embarrassing!

Is this what it's really like? Is the music industry really full of greedy, fascist egoists?
12-19-2011 04:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is the music industry really like this? - UglyPratFace7 - 12-19-2011 04:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The awful music/music videos thread You CAN Avoid the Floyd 23 1,799 01-01-2010 10:43 AM
Last Post: Halo 99
  Happy music - what music puts you in a good mood? IbanezIsTheColour 52 6,231 09-05-2008 01:05 PM
Last Post: Three Different Ones
  Just A Few Lives Lost From The Music Industry In 2007 Some Other Jackass 9 711 01-06-2008 07:52 AM
Last Post: rolanddoe
  How do we keep our music - Music files versus albums some_jackass 11 1,230 12-23-2006 08:15 AM
Last Post: Funky Dung
  Music Industry Dying, Says Pink Floyd, Clash Mgr - Peter Jenner Jintzey 7 611 09-20-2006 12:04 PM
Last Post: Funky Dung