Roger waters as - a bass player
How do u think roger is as a bass player? good or bad?? ???
I think Roger is a great bass player. Just listen to the bass on "Hey You" or "Run Like Hell", thats some killer playing right there. Cool
I think Roger is a great bass player. He is one of my favs.
Though he definitly isn't one of the best bassists when it comes to technical proficiency...he had some of the best bass lines. Money without a doubt has one of the best basslines of all time. This is why I believe that though he is not a master of his instrument, he really is a musical genius
Dan171 Wrote:I think Roger is a great bass player. Just listen to the bass on "Hey You" or "Run Like Hell", thats some killer playing right there. Cool
Dave played fretless bass on Hey you as well as a number of others.

Roger is a good player but not great.
[Image: GVwAGsx.jpg]
Roger is a great bass player. In my opinion, you don't have to be fast to be good. You don't have to fill every moment of the song with sound to be great. Leaving space was an attribute of Pink Floyd. Spaces. Roger is extremely talented to be able to string pieces of music together in such a melodic way withough ruining anything. Hard to explain. I love his skill.
And who's the fool who wears the crown?
mediocre at best, but his playing was never what attracted me to Floyd, it was of course his song-writing and the emotion his voice can evoke
Ice Cream Tastes Good in the Afternoon...
chickenpiggies Wrote:Though he definitly isn't one of the best bassists when it comes to technical proficiency...he had some of the best bass lines. Money without a doubt has one of the best basslines of all time. This is why I believe that though he is not a master of his instrument, he really is a musical genius
agreed 100% :music:
Dan171 Wrote:Listen to the bass on "Hey You" or "Run Like Hell", thats some killer playing right there. Cool
Except Roger didn't play bass on either of those songs.

Roger has a very basic style, and sometimes he sounded awful - but on songs like Let There Be More Light he did impress.
Interstellar_Overdrive Wrote:
chickenpiggies Wrote:Though he definitly isn't one of the best bassists when it comes to technical proficiency...he had some of the best bass lines. Money without a doubt has one of the best basslines of all time. This is why I believe that though he is not a master of his instrument, he really is a musical genius
agreed 100% :music:
Me too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bricks In The Wall - Roger Waters Demos Tedadore2 9 7,839 11-17-2014, 11:19 PM
Last Post: killdill045
  Roger Waters and playing cricket.. Brilliant read!!! Back Together 7 10,128 11-12-2014, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Andersan
  Roger Waters Tour Dates! EventCarParks 1 2,687 11-01-2014, 02:32 AM
Last Post: dan500
  Does Anyone Want to Buy my Roger Waters tickets? Wembley Arena Show on September 14th PFOnline 4 3,495 09-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Last Post: mohsinj677
  Who the hell does roger waters think he is? DiscoPigs 60 15,589 08-31-2014, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Ben Culture