Waters spitting on a fan in audience?! - geez...
Yodes85 Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Kimbers Sheep Wrote:I believe in live and let live, have fun and all that but to act like a famous person spit on you and you would be happy strikes me as kinda silly...personally I would at least attempt to kick his a$$ :) and I kinda doubt I would still admire him!
Yeah I would probably be infuriated as well, probably leading me to want to kick his arss as well. As for if I would continue to admire the guy, that is a hard one, I would like to think I would, but darn he just spat on me.. hmmm good thing I don't have to worry about it. :)
02-13-2004 06:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
floydhead928 Offline
More

i think that would turn me off

hammers hammers hammers hammers
02-13-2004 01:13 PM
floydhead928 Offline
More

It's not the music, it's like having your hero and role-model whom you would give anything to meet does something nasty to you like that. I'd still have no problem with the music.

hammers hammers hammers hammers
02-13-2004 01:14 PM
Yodes85 Offline

Yeah I still would very much admire the music.
02-14-2004 06:17 PM
Yodes85 Offline

I just want to apologize for making light of such a subject. I'm sorry.

Edited By Yodes85 on 1077291109
02-16-2004 08:07 PM
PinkSchism Offline
Atom Heart Mother

thats quite demeaning, but I would say the bastard deserved it. I've been to some concerts (not PF) and people are idiots. Angry
02-21-2004 10:38 AM
Ignis Fatuus Offline
The Wall

Who's to say he really deserved it? Do we know this fellow or somethin'?
02-21-2004 10:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slygirl Offline
Animals

one of the nasty side effects of PF becoming huge during the mid-to-late 70's was the venues that they performed in kept getting bigger & bigger. not only did this have the effect of depersonalizing the band's performances (especially in contrast to their gigs of ten years eariler) but this also meant that as their audience grew, the number of numbskulls in the crowd would grow. both of these factors absolutely infuriated rogers. he would want to pull out an echoes or a careful with that axe eugene, and the people would only want to hear money. in addition, the crowds were becoming more and more unruly with each passing show, and the band began to fear for their own safety. so they had to construct a large barrier between themselves and the audience. during one show, during the animals tour, a crazed fan attempted to scale the barrier and get on stage. and rogers spat on him.
when he got back to his hotel, rogers was horrified at what he had done, and desperately wanted to figure out where he had gone wrong. where he had turned into such a despicable figure, and what he could do to "tear down the wall" he built around himself. so he concocted a story in many ways similar to his own life. and the wall was born.
( i got this info off the 'net back in december of 2002 from someone whos address is/or was yan@openqubit.org)
:laugh:

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. ~~
>>Unknown
02-22-2004 02:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
floydianyid Offline
Division Bell

slygirl Wrote:one of the nasty side effects of PF becoming huge during the mid-to-late 70's was the venues that they performed in kept getting bigger & bigger. not only did this have the effect of depersonalizing the band's performances (especially in contrast to their gigs of ten years eariler) but this also meant that as their audience grew, the number of numbskulls in the crowd would grow. both of these factors absolutely infuriated rogers. he would want to pull out an echoes or a careful with that axe eugene, and the people would only want to hear money. in addition, the crowds were becoming more and more unruly with each passing show, and the band began to fear for their own safety. so they had to construct a large barrier between themselves and the audience. during one show, during the animals tour, a crazed fan attempted to scale the barrier and get on stage. and rogers spat on him.
when he got back to his hotel, rogers was horrified at what he had done, and desperately wanted to figure out where he had gone wrong. where he had turned into such a despicable figure, and what he could do to "tear down the wall" he built around himself. so he concocted a story in many ways similar to his own life. and the wall was born.
( i got this info off the 'net back in december of 2002 from someone whos address is/or was yan@openqubit.org)
:laugh:
very interesting post, thank you and although i posted earlier about roger being out of order for spitting on a fan i can now understand why he did it.

"who was trained not to spit in the fan"

quite funny lyrics now :D

Edited By floydianyid on 1077457658

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW3gKKiTvjs
02-22-2004 04:47 AM
PinkSchism Offline
Atom Heart Mother

thats quite interesting, good thing he didnt ****, or the **** would've really hit the fan :love: sorry had to say it...

Edited By PinkSchism on 1077471231
02-22-2004 09:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Michael Smerconish | R. WATERS: THE PINKO IN FLOYD - "Waters' politics are over the top" Jintzey 37 4,122 09-24-2006 10:38 PM
Last Post: Anonymous
  Roger Waters in Entertainment Weekly - Review of Waters in Rome Sydney 3 958 07-09-2006 06:10 PM
Last Post: RADAR_Brian
  Roger Waters, the next great composer... - Beethoven, Bizet, Waters... Metabog 4 1,080 10-31-2005 11:29 AM
Last Post: paulintheflesh
  Infamous 'Spitting' show triangel 21 1,209 09-02-2004 11:24 AM
Last Post: Space Cadet