New Moderator: cevor
congrats! Cool
I can't say I was expecting this, but I can't say I'm surprised either...
RIP Syd Barrett - 1/6/46 - 7/7/06
RIP Rick Wright - 7/28/43 - 9/15/08

"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe, uh, Diversity is an old old wooden ship used during the Civil War Era." -The Legendary Ron Burgundy
IbanezIsTheColour Wrote:congrats! Cool
I can't say I was expecting this, but I can't say I'm surprised either...
:)

Voodoo Chile & pre-Stones Mick Taylor
http://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/imag...b980px.jpg
Takin' 5 at the Monterey Pop Festival
http://rocksoff.org/brian57.jpg

PFOnline Wrote:Please welcome our new moderator: cevor!

cevor has over 5,000 quality posts and I'm sure will make a great edition to the team.

Thanks for joining us.

Cheers,
PFOnline
Oh, I wasn't aware that moderator status was awarded by post count nowadays. How meaningful. On that note, why don't I just go spam a ton, and maybe one day I can hope to be a moderator!

Edited By Three Different Ones on 1164354720

cevor has over 5,000 quality posts and I'm sure will make a great edition to the team.

Thanks for joining us.

Cheers,
PFOnline
Thank you PFOnline for reading through our posts. I thoroughly appreciate it as cevor was my number one choice for the job.

Congratulations cevor. You are sure to be an amazing Moderator and I wish you all the luck in the future. :D
R. I. P Syd Barrett (06/01/46-07/07/06)
R. I. P Rick Wright (28/07/43-15/09/08)

[Image: PFOMemberoftheYear.jpg]

"We don't want no trouble, we just want the right to be different. That's all." - pita
Three Different Ones Wrote:

Thanks for joining us.

Cheers,
PFOnline
Oh, I wasn't aware that moderator status was awarded by post count nowadays. How meaningful. On that note, why don't I just go spam a ton, and maybe one day I can hope to be a moderator!
I agree that post count shouldn't be a factor, but I don't think that's why he was chosen. If that was the case wowser, AndersonCouncill, pointmeatthesky and FantasticFloyd would all be mods too. Congrats, cevor!

Also, I think the adjective is important "over 5,000 quality posts" - I think he was chosen more for his post content than the actual quantity that he posted.

Edit: having said that, I don't think all his posts are that high in quality - many of them were accumulated during his extensive conversations with Dragonrider and others in Interview The Person Below You. Still, I know that cevor is a respected member of the board (although I haven't had enough dealings with him to make a decision for myself) and agree wholeheartedly with the decision to make him a mod (not that it makes a difference whether I agree or not).

Edited By sjmcd on 1164385658
Congrats Cevor rocker

A brilliant choice by PFOnline
sjmcd Wrote:

Thanks for joining us.

Cheers,
PFOnline
I agree that post count shouldn't be a factor, but I don't think that's why he was chosen. If that was the case wowser, AndersonCouncill, pointmeatthesky and FantasticFloyd would all be mods too. Congrats, cevor!

Also, I think the adjective is important "over 5,000 quality posts" - I think he was chosen more for his post content than the actual quantity that he posted.

Edit: having said that, I don't think all his posts are that high in quality - many of them were accumulated during his extensive conversations with Dragonrider and others in Interview The Person Below You. Still, I know that cevor is a respected member of the board (although I haven't had enough dealings with him to make a decision for myself) and agree wholeheartedly with the decision to make him a mod (not that it makes a difference whether I agree or not).
He had like 1,591 in Word Association, Current Mood, Song Stuck In Your Head, Good Night Thread, and Current song you're listening to. All of those I wouldn't classify as "quality"
ComfortablyNumb212 Wrote:
sjmcd Wrote:

Thanks for joining us.

Cheers,
PFOnline

He had like 1,591 in Word Association, Current Mood, Song Stuck In Your Head, Good Night Thread, and Current song you're listening to. All of those I wouldn't classify as "quality"
i agree as all them topics are easy to get a high post count IMO. ??? so are not really relevent and add much to the forum IMHO.
So I didn't go through every single post they made, lol.

But that's beyond the point, the point is, the board needs help and I think all would agree cevor will make a good helper and moderator.

I didn't mean to give the impression that it takes thousands of posts to become a moderator, I was just noting they have been around awhile and thought most would agree they would be a good choice as a mod. :)

Cheers,
PFOnline
PFOnline Wrote:So I didn't go through every single post they made, lol.

But that's beyond the point, the point is, the board needs help and I think all would agree cevor will make a good helper and moderator.

I didn't mean to give the impression that it takes thousands of posts to become a moderator, I was just noting they have been around awhile and thought most would agree they would be a good choice as a mod.

Cheers,
PFOnline
You should've polled it. But that's just my opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MODERATOR Anonymous 8 1,771 01-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Spectre
  Moderator forum - C'MON! I WANNA KNOW! PLEEZ... AndersonCouncill 7 1,633 11-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Steve Hill
  MODERATOR! piperatthegatesofsean 31 2,698 09-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Last Post: W1P
  New Moderator: Steve Hill PFOnline 26 1,771 03-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Space Cadet
  What do you have to do - to become a moderator, anyway? The Walrus 10 899 06-24-2004, 06:48 AM
Last Post: Lakeweirdo