New Moderator: cevor
IbanezIsTheColour Offline
The Wall

congrats! Cool
I can't say I was expecting this, but I can't say I'm surprised either...

RIP Syd Barrett - 1/6/46 - 7/7/06
RIP Rick Wright - 7/28/43 - 9/15/08

"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe, uh, Diversity is an old old wooden ship used during the Civil War Era." -The Legendary Ron Burgundy
11-23-2006 09:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sea green queen Offline
Pink Floyd

IbanezIsTheColour Wrote:congrats! Cool
I can't say I was expecting this, but I can't say I'm surprised either...
:)

Voodoo Chile & pre-Stones Mick Taylor
http://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/imag...b980px.jpg
Takin' 5 at the Monterey Pop Festival
http://rocksoff.org/brian57.jpg
11-23-2006 10:55 PM
Three Different Ones Offline
Banned

PFOnline Wrote:Please welcome our new moderator: cevor!

cevor has over 5,000 quality posts and I'm sure will make a great edition to the team.

Thanks for joining us.

Cheers,
PFOnline
Oh, I wasn't aware that moderator status was awarded by post count nowadays. How meaningful. On that note, why don't I just go spam a ton, and maybe one day I can hope to be a moderator!

Edited By Three Different Ones on 1164354720

Snake, history will never know what she did. No one will ever learn the truth. Her story... her debriefing... will endure only in your heart. Everything she did, she did for her country. She sacrificed her life and her honor for her native land. She was a real hero. She was a true patriot. ~ EVA re: The Boss (MGS3)
11-23-2006 11:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wings on the Pig Offline
Pink Floyd

cevor has over 5,000 quality posts and I'm sure will make a great edition to the team.

Thanks for joining us.

Cheers,
PFOnline
Thank you PFOnline for reading through our posts. I thoroughly appreciate it as cevor was my number one choice for the job.

Congratulations cevor. You are sure to be an amazing Moderator and I wish you all the luck in the future. :D

R. I. P Syd Barrett (06/01/46-07/07/06)
R. I. P Rick Wright (28/07/43-15/09/08)

[Image: PFOMemberoftheYear.jpg]

"We don't want no trouble, we just want the right to be different. That's all." - pita
11-24-2006 12:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sjmcd Offline
Banned

Three Different Ones Wrote:

Thanks for joining us.

Cheers,
PFOnline
Oh, I wasn't aware that moderator status was awarded by post count nowadays. How meaningful. On that note, why don't I just go spam a ton, and maybe one day I can hope to be a moderator!
I agree that post count shouldn't be a factor, but I don't think that's why he was chosen. If that was the case wowser, AndersonCouncill, pointmeatthesky and FantasticFloyd would all be mods too. Congrats, cevor!

Also, I think the adjective is important "over 5,000 quality posts" - I think he was chosen more for his post content than the actual quantity that he posted.

Edit: having said that, I don't think all his posts are that high in quality - many of them were accumulated during his extensive conversations with Dragonrider and others in Interview The Person Below You. Still, I know that cevor is a respected member of the board (although I haven't had enough dealings with him to make a decision for myself) and agree wholeheartedly with the decision to make him a mod (not that it makes a difference whether I agree or not).

Edited By sjmcd on 1164385658
11-24-2006 08:21 AM
Free Games for May Offline
Ummagumma

Congrats Cevor rocker

A brilliant choice by PFOnline
11-24-2006 10:21 AM
ComfortablyNumb212 Offline
Banned

sjmcd Wrote:

Thanks for joining us.

Cheers,
PFOnline
I agree that post count shouldn't be a factor, but I don't think that's why he was chosen. If that was the case wowser, AndersonCouncill, pointmeatthesky and FantasticFloyd would all be mods too. Congrats, cevor!

Also, I think the adjective is important "over 5,000 quality posts" - I think he was chosen more for his post content than the actual quantity that he posted.

Edit: having said that, I don't think all his posts are that high in quality - many of them were accumulated during his extensive conversations with Dragonrider and others in Interview The Person Below You. Still, I know that cevor is a respected member of the board (although I haven't had enough dealings with him to make a decision for myself) and agree wholeheartedly with the decision to make him a mod (not that it makes a difference whether I agree or not).
He had like 1,591 in Word Association, Current Mood, Song Stuck In Your Head, Good Night Thread, and Current song you're listening to. All of those I wouldn't classify as "quality"
11-24-2006 11:32 AM
azza200 Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

ComfortablyNumb212 Wrote:
sjmcd Wrote:

Thanks for joining us.

Cheers,
PFOnline

He had like 1,591 in Word Association, Current Mood, Song Stuck In Your Head, Good Night Thread, and Current song you're listening to. All of those I wouldn't classify as "quality"
i agree as all them topics are easy to get a high post count IMO. ??? so are not really relevent and add much to the forum IMHO.

11-24-2006 11:39 AM
PFOnline Offline
Webmaster
Administrators

So I didn't go through every single post they made, lol.

But that's beyond the point, the point is, the board needs help and I think all would agree cevor will make a good helper and moderator.

I didn't mean to give the impression that it takes thousands of posts to become a moderator, I was just noting they have been around awhile and thought most would agree they would be a good choice as a mod. :)

Cheers,
PFOnline
11-24-2006 11:50 AM
ComfortablyNumb212 Offline
Banned

PFOnline Wrote:So I didn't go through every single post they made, lol.

But that's beyond the point, the point is, the board needs help and I think all would agree cevor will make a good helper and moderator.

I didn't mean to give the impression that it takes thousands of posts to become a moderator, I was just noting they have been around awhile and thought most would agree they would be a good choice as a mod.

Cheers,
PFOnline
You should've polled it. But that's just my opinion.
11-24-2006 11:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MODERATOR Anonymous 8 1,061 01-09-2006 03:27 PM
Last Post: Spectre
  Moderator forum - C'MON! I WANNA KNOW! PLEEZ... AndersonCouncill 7 1,044 11-07-2005 03:50 PM
Last Post: Steve Hill
  MODERATOR! piperatthegatesofsean 31 1,900 09-22-2005 07:04 PM
Last Post: W1P
  New Moderator: Steve Hill PFOnline 26 1,335 03-17-2005 09:03 PM
Last Post: Space Cadet
  What do you have to do - to become a moderator, anyway? The Walrus 10 571 06-24-2004 06:48 AM
Last Post: Lakeweirdo