Thread Closed 
Our Policies Regarding Posts About Discipline - Please Read and Follow
W1P Offline
Super Moderator
Super Moderators

Here are some of policies that govern the activities of the volunteer Moderators here.

Posts that violate the rules come to our attention in two ways. We might see them while we are participating in the forum or they might be reported to us. We then have discretion on how to deal with the rules violations (or "reported") violations. If someone reports a post to us, we can conclude that the reported post was fine and do nothing. If we determine that there has been a violation, we can send a PM to the "offender" We can edit or delete the offending post. We can lock or move the thread in question. We can warn without an incremental increase in the warning level. Or we can warn and increase the level which results in the "box"

The question of how we deal with rules violations are between us and the violators. If the violator believes they have been unfairly treated, they can take it up with us or take it up with PF Online.

Public posts that demand (or even request) that we explain why we have or have not taken action against a member will be edited or deleted. If such demands/requests are repeated, the Member making such demands/requests will be subject to our various methods of discipline.

If a Member who has been disciplined subsequently posts public denials that they deserved the discipline and attempts to "whip up" support from the Membership to attack the Moderators, those posts will result in more discipline.

We've been down this path before with a member who was banned which resulted in a frenzy of very nasty attacks on volunteer moderators. In one case, a Moderator was called a "Nazi" by someone who apparently failed to understand how offensive that can be (especially to those of certain religions). I would hope this person didn't understand because if they did and called someone that name, that would be extremely malicious. It's not going to happen again because we will take action if this baloney starts up again.

Check out Which One's Pink?'s Pink Floyd Tribute CD "Just the Basic Facts" at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/whichonespink
10-18-2005 06:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM PFO - PLEASE READ PFOnline 2 1,955 05-21-2011 06:22 AM
Last Post: pinkfloydfan1
  Do you use the "View New Posts" button? PFOnline 12 2,416 11-30-2009 10:44 PM
Last Post: jhonytaibu
  Floydian Fonts For Posts Some Other Jackass 5 1,453 02-20-2008 07:56 AM
Last Post: Jintzey
  Is there anbody out there... who can help me? - I'm having some problems my posts. Woody1003 14 1,537 10-10-2005 02:41 PM
Last Post: psychedelicsyd
  The Rules on Post Reporting - Please follow them W1P 0 1,701 09-21-2005 01:20 PM
Last Post: W1P