Welcome to the New Forums!
Jintzey Offline
Pigs Have Flown
Administrators

RE: Welcome to the New Forums!
Yeah the new format will take some getting used to. I agree the new threads aren't that obvious. We're looking into trying out some new themes, since this is pretty much the default one that came with the board. Hopefully we can find something that looks better and makes things easier to see. We just didn't want to delay opening the new forum any longer over something like a color scheme.

Yeah some of the avatars are huge. PFOnline did set a limit (though larger than what Ikonboard allowed) but it seems anyone's avatar that got imported from Ikonboard is showing up in its original size, not resized, so some people's avatars are ridiculously huge. We're manually removing or changing any avatars we happen to find like that. Otherwise, we'd like for people with oversized avatars to resubmit them so they can appear in the appropriate size. We may want to reduce the avatar size even further if it seems it's still too large. Right now it's set to be 125x125. We're still trying things out and tweaking things as we go along. This is a great time for people to give feedback and suggestions because you can help shape what we settle on. :) We're looking into adding more features too with plugins that can be added on.

Yeah I know the hammers and stuff didn't get imported. Right now we just have the default similes that came with the board. Again, we didn't want to delay opening the forum for minor things like that so you'll probably continue to see a few changes for a while.

PinkFloydChat.net
If you've studied your Floyd properly, you'd know that pigs could fly. -- Les Claypool
~ Pigs HAVE Flown ~
09-28-2007 09:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
floydfan88 Offline
Atom Heart Mother

great job on the forum!!!
it looks great!hammershammershammershammers
09-28-2007 11:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pinkfloydfan1 Offline
Division Bell

Jintzey noticed a problem with the private messages i sent 5 private messages about 2 hours ago and it came up as 6 % of pm used i delted all pms ive sent and recieved part from the latest one and it still hasnt gone down. maybe something to look at? im not sure..

Liam Creedon - Session Musician / Tutor
Http://www.liamcreedon.co.uk

Lead Guitarist of Wish You Were Floyd
09-28-2007 11:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jintzey Offline
Pigs Have Flown
Administrators

pinkfloydfan1 Wrote:Jintzey noticed a problem with the private messages i sent 5 private messages about 2 hours ago and it came up as 6 % of pm used i delted all pms ive sent and recieved part from the latest one and it still hasnt gone down. maybe something to look at? im not sure..

Hmm maybe you have to delete them again from Trash Can? What about Drafts? We're still figuring out some of the features on this board just like everyone else. If you don't have any messages anywhere, then maybe the counter is just stuck. We might have to re-run the "recount and rebuild" tools periodically to reset stuff like that. If you find that eventually your PM quota gets full and you can't send/receive messages anymore even though you deleted everything, let us know.

PinkFloydChat.net
If you've studied your Floyd properly, you'd know that pigs could fly. -- Les Claypool
~ Pigs HAVE Flown ~
09-28-2007 11:24 AM
Jintzey Offline
Pigs Have Flown
Administrators

I just noticed that PMs can be exported so you can download and save them. Neat! I'm loving this new forum more and more. :D

BTW just so you know, we found out that pinkfloydfan1's issue was that the deleted messages were being stored in the Trash Can, and would have to be deleted again from there. I don't know if they get automatically deleted after a period of time or what. I haven't seen any features or settings for that so far. We'll have to wait and see I guess!

PinkFloydChat.net
~ Pigs HAVE Flown ~
09-28-2007 11:59 AM
PFOnline Offline
Webmaster
Administrators

A great way to find the most recent post's is to just click "View New Posts" in the top left.

I like this feature alot.
09-28-2007 01:45 PM
Sydney Offline
Animals

How fun, exploring this new board :)

hammers

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Lois don't be alarmed-but I think I'm Jesus
09-28-2007 03:06 PM
rolanddoe Away
Wish You Were Here

Just suppose that a certain member would like a reputation rating of -10... for purely comedic effect... of course. He... or she... might not want to actually become very nasty in order to achieve this, get me?

Would it be possible for the above-mentioned and totally hypothetical person to bribe a Super Moderator to this end?

Or will I have to threaten someone?
09-29-2007 09:37 PM
cevor Offline
Tarantula's Webmate.
Super Moderators

rolanddoe Wrote:Just suppose that a certain member would like a reputation rating of -10... for purely comedic effect... of course. He... or she... might not want to actually become very nasty in order to achieve this, get me?

Would it be possible for the above-mentioned and totally hypothetical person to bribe a Super Moderator to this end?

hmmmm...hypothetically speaking of course,"what are we, clowns put here to amuse you? ...you talkin' to me?...you must be talkin' to me..."
Sorry my friend you'll have to earn a negative reputation from your fellow board members, I was going to say peers, but we all know you're peerless. Welcome to the new forums my friend!

And now the final solution can be applied.
http://www.childhoodsend.net
http://www.themohocollective.com
http://www.markdoyleandthemaniacs.com
http://www.britfloyd.com
http://www.sublunarstudios.com
09-30-2007 01:43 AM
Dyolf Offline
Pink Floyd

rolanddoe Wrote:Just suppose that a certain member would like a reputation rating of -10... for purely comedic effect... of course. He... or she... might not want to actually become very nasty in order to achieve this, get me?

I'm sure you could find 10 people to minus you if you really want too, even though it defeats the point of the user rating system.

BTW, I see that we are able to post images on this forum, will this feature be staying or is it getting switched off?

PFO Brother of Wings on the Pig & pinkfloydfan1 and Cousin of BOOOSH
09-30-2007 02:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Guy Here - New to the Forums! AffiliateChamp 7 1,220 04-29-2007 10:54 AM
Last Post: IbanezIsTheColour
  Combined forums PFOnline 0 794 06-25-2003 05:14 PM
Last Post: PFOnline