Guitar
Bass Guitar
Piano / Keyboards
Drums / Percussion
Saxophone
Other
[Show Results]

What Instruments Do You Play?
I play a Squier Stratocaster I got it from my uncle because he wanted to give it away and I talked to him in time. I fell in love with it the second I saw it and I dont think I'm ever gonna buy another kind of guitar that's not a Stratocaster.
PlanetJeff Wrote:I play a Squier Stratocaster I got it from my uncle because he wanted to give it away and I talked to him in time. I fell in love with it the second I saw it and I dont think I'm ever gonna buy another kind of guitar that's not a Stratocaster.

I have a Strat also and it is great but I would still love to have a Les Paul.
R. I. P Syd Barrett (06/01/46-07/07/06)
R. I. P Rick Wright (28/07/43-15/09/08)

[Image: PFOMemberoftheYear.jpg]

"We don't want no trouble, we just want the right to be different. That's all." - pita
Dyolf Wrote:
djdnl14 Wrote:Bass Guitar is my forte, but I also play a bit of keyboards (just under a year now) and also theremin...

I love theremin's! :icon_cool: I've always wanted to play one. Are they difficult to play? I love the sound they make, I was tempted to buy one once but I couldn't really afford it, so I restrained myself.
I wish PF would have used one, Rick could use one for the RLH solo.

Theremin's not that difficult, I suppose its just understanding the instrument like most of them...we use it for the middle section of one of our tracks actually...a lot of people actually thought a theremin was used on Echoes...would have been interesting to see how the Floyd would have integrated one into some of their music
has anyone found that when one practices one's skills, they improves?
OMG, Even for me! Blushing I've been working on some Bach piano exercises and it gives me a lot of encouragement to see -and hear- it getting better. that didn't seem to be the case awhile ago though. Keep trying, huh?

See my chapbook of poetry:
http://www.foothillspublishing.com/2008/id77.htm

Follow your dreams
i've played guitar for what...geeze its already been 4 years. haha i remember coming to this site intially to find out what kind of guitar i was supposed to get to be like David Gilmour.. fender strat with EMGs was all the craze back in the day. Laughing
Tatersalad810 Wrote:Trumpet (best, been playing for 5 years), Bass Guitar (worst, been for a few months) and Piano (used to be super good in 4th grade but quit piano lessons).
Okay, Region competition (competition where everyone gets these 3 sheets of music and at try-outs tries to play it the best, if you're in the top 20 for trumpet, you make it to the next [more difficult] competition.) was today and out of 53 I got 5th. So I'm pretty pleased because I also got the top placement at my school (next one got 6th) and 2nd in our city.
Keyboard player/guitar strummer/drum tapper/bass plonker/clarinet tooter/trombone bellow

Current gear is a Yamaha P120 electric piano, Hammond XB1 organ and occassionally a Roland Juno 6 and Yamaha Motif 8 synth.
I play em all and then some. Its fun to play em all at one timeTongue
Bass for 30 years(25 professionally), guitar for 20 years, keys for 10 years, drums for 1 year.
Some shots from my music room:
[Image: leftyfam07006.jpg]
[Image: leftyfam07007.jpg]
[Image: leftyfam07004.jpg]
[Image: leftyfam07008.jpg]
[Image: leftyfam07002.jpg]
[Image: rogana.gif]
Dammit, Lefty! What d'you do, buy Guitar World? Dude, you're stocked!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Instruments I would like to have - Game?...or something. Joe 11 3,155 11-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Last Post: DrKole
  Instruments played on PF songs azimuth 6 5,043 11-20-2011, 06:00 AM
Last Post: pinkfloydfan1
  Post Your Instruments! Dave25 6 1,862 05-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Kimbers Sheep
  Homemade - Stringed instruments simps 33 5,110 10-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Last Post: simps