New Pink Floyd Box Set to be Released
Frog Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

RE: New Pink Floyd Box Set to be Released
The box-set is a ripoff, but I wanted to have it to go with my Doors 1999 mini-vinyl remasters set and my 2007 Led Zeppelin mini-vinyl set from Rhino.

I got mine for $100 new from Amazon other sellers. It was $150 - 50 for signing up for Amazon credit-card.

At $100 it is worth it. But the quality of the box-set is poor. the printing of the sleeves, cds, etc. is much lower than the previously mentioned Doors and Zeppelin sets. And it's just not my set, I compared to other copies and they are all that way.

As for Floyd, it was reported last year that the BBC Floyd material would likely get released. I have bootleg cds of this stuff and would definitely buy legit releases if they choose to do so.

With that in mind we could some day see Dark Side of the Moon Live in London, Top Gear Sessions, and Some live Atom Heart Mother era stuff. All of that was broadcast on TV/Radio and I think for the BBC but I could be wrong. Then there are unrelased Syd/Floyd songs that Floyd does not want released. I don't think they can stop the BBC stuff from hitting stores though.
03-12-2009 07:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
A Saucerful of Secrets Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

I would bet there is tons of unreleased material they have. Now Dave, Roger and Nick will have to decide to release it or not.
03-18-2009 12:40 AM
Jack Wolf Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Got my box set recently from an amazon seller, $150 new condition.
I thought the box set's presentation was fantastic and the posters, stickers, and coasters were cool. Still, I wouldn't have paid more than $150 for it.
06-02-2009 12:16 PM
mjramos23 Offline

omg!!! i had all but one of those.. n all of them through out the years broke or got scratched... i would love to start all over n get this set... it would be perfact!woah
10-02-2009 10:15 PM
bootlegmaster Offline

RE: New Pink Floyd Box Set to Be Released
(10-18-2007 08:46 AM)I AM THE WALRUS Wrote:  wtf is a mini vinyl?
a mini vinyl is a CD with the original vinyl label, inner sleeve and artwork. Basically a CD that looks EXACTLY like the vinyl copies.

Science in the studio!
12-12-2011 10:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Wall Live in Berlin DVD to be released PFOnline 7 7,666 03-24-2007 02:12 PM
Last Post: Sir Frankie Crisp
  "Pompeii" DVD to be released in October PFOnline 24 10,018 08-20-2004 11:37 PM
Last Post: Space Cadet
  New Pink Floyd book to be released PFOnline 14 9,126 12-21-2003 02:47 PM
Last Post: FloydWright