Bands Who Do Not Share Lead Vocals
Some Other Jackass Offline
Animals

RE: Bands Who Do Not Share Lead Vocals
"She's So Fine" was not Jimi on vocals. Noel Redding. And I am trying to think of the vocals of the songs of the Band Of Gypsys album. Think Billy Cox had a lead in there somewhere.
You did surprise me with the Sabbath and I must now get the disc to listen.
I forget wh Wrote:Was going to say Rush. Call me Mr.Picky, but does the (largely) instrumental "Grand Finale" from 2112, count? Has the spoken words:-
"Attention all planets of the solar federation / We have assumed control / We have assumed control - I always assumed that was delivered by Neil Peart.....No, you`re right...I`m being picky.

Talking of power-trios, The Jimi Hendrix Experience...can`t thing of any non-Jimi lead vocals.
Free? Back to Paul Rodgers again. With a voice that good, who else would dare try.
Yeah we will try to completely ignore the delivery of rap on Roll The Bones from whomever is responsible as well.

[Image: 4382100387_c70f4d5a94.jpg]
12-10-2007 01:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Philintheflesh Offline
The Wall

Some Other Jackass Wrote:Yeah we will try to completely ignore the delivery of rap on Roll The Bones from whomever is responsible as well.
Biggrin Heh heh. Yes. Sounds wise.
Re Sabs, Ward also sang on "Swinging The Chain" from the "Never Say Die" album. Ozzy was really playing up at this point, so it was probably less a matter of choice, and more a case of "needs must" by then ......."Ozzy`s gone AWOL again, so who`s gonna sing this?!

Icy wind of night be gone...this is not your domain
12-10-2007 02:13 PM
djdnl14 Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

Yes were another band as well I believe, erm...Marillion, Muse, Depeche Mode, Dire Straits, Radiohead, Iron Maiden, James, Stereophonics, Coldplay, Deep Purple and possibly Caravan hmm

http://www.generamusiconline.com
12-10-2007 03:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Animals

Trevor Rabin sang vocals more than a few times once he joined Yes but Dire Straits is a good one.

12-10-2007 05:12 PM
Kimbers Sheep Offline
Sheep Rule
Super Moderators

Judas Priest, RATT, Quiet Riot, Dokken, DIO, pretty much any of the hair bands of the late 80's

Ice Cream Tastes Good in the Afternoon...
12-10-2007 06:49 PM
Philintheflesh Offline
The Wall

djdnl14 Wrote:Yes were another band as well I believe, erm...Marillion, Muse, Depeche Mode, Dire Straits, Radiohead, Iron Maiden, James, Stereophonics, Coldplay, Deep Purple and possibly Caravan hmm
Deep Purple the exception. Re the albums Burn & Stormbringer, David Coverdale & bassist Glenn Hughes often shared lead vocals in the same song (ie "Hold On"). Sometimes Glenn would sing on his own too (ie "Holy Man").
I quite like that particular Purple-era...although it ultimately proved a little too "funky" and soulful for Blackmore ("shoe-shine music", he called it) who bailed out to form Rainbow.

Icy wind of night be gone...this is not your domain
12-11-2007 12:12 AM
sea green queen Offline
Pink Floyd

Bill Wyman did In Another Land so that knocks The Rolling Stones off the list. I believe....

Steve Tyler of Aerosmith
Rod Argent of Argent
Doug Ingle Of Iron Butterfly
Eric Burdon of The Animals.....Sleeping

Voodoo Chile & pre-Stones Mick Taylor
http://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/imag...b980px.jpg
Takin' 5 at the Monterey Pop Festival
http://rocksoff.org/brian57.jpg
12-11-2007 01:29 AM
Animals

Yeah that Steven Tyler's always hogging the lead vocals in Aerosmith songs. I'm gonna get that guy one day.
But to clarify, I was hoping we could think of songs and groups that the no other members sings lead. Shared vocal phrases are ok. I'm just saying for instance John Paul Jones or Jimmy Page may have sung harmonizing vocals in Led Zeppelin, but neither they nor Bonham sang part of or any lead vocals in any song. Plant was the voice of the band with absolutely no exceptions.
But we can have some fun with it.

12-11-2007 05:31 AM
rolanddoe Away
Wish You Were Here

Oingo Boingo, Blind Faith

There always seems to be an exception about this. Bands can have gone 30 years or so with one lead vocalist and their first album will have two of them. Jethro Tull and ELO for instance.
12-11-2007 05:54 AM
Tarantula Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

rolanddoe Wrote:Oingo Boingo
Cool

I think Ian Curtis sang all the Joy Division songs ... Andrew Eldritch all of The Sisters of Mercy songs, though Gary Marx might have sang one or two songs in the early days. Peter Murphy/Bauhaus, Siouxsie Sioux/Siouxsie And The Banshees ... Dzjeez, how did I get in this goth-mood? Unsure

12-11-2007 06:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What are you currently eating and/or drinking? - share your food wowser 5,778 119,814 10-17-2013 08:35 AM
Last Post: Lady Floydian
  GEORGE HARRISON CD'S ARE BEING RERELEASED!! - Beatles & PF share the #1 spot 2 me. DeRick 20 2,080 10-10-2009 09:03 AM
Last Post: Three Different Ones
Cool Find any cool websites you want to share? Post them here....... StillWaters 19 1,598 07-22-2008 02:00 PM
Last Post: TiedyeVikki
  favorite lyricists and examples of their work - let's share! mabewa 65 3,322 11-05-2007 09:24 AM
Last Post: TiedyeVikki
  the backing vocals of 60s/70s unchained 8 713 10-17-2007 01:16 AM
Last Post: unchained