Bands Who Do Not Share Lead Vocals
rolanddoe Away
Wish You Were Here

RE: Bands Who Do Not Share Lead Vocals
cevor Wrote:alright, i found that...now where's the Sunburst Finish one..isn't that the one with the ba..I mean very attractive woman on the jacket?

I like the babe on the cover of Live! In the Air Age too...

Clank, clank, clank...
12-23-2007 04:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pinklit Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

rolanddoe Wrote:This is actually a tough one. Even the Doors had lead vocals sung by Robbie Krieger and Ray Manzarek prior to Other Voices. You Got the Silver, for chrissakes.... why'd they do that? Now he'll probably want a lead vocal every other album...

How about Be Bop Deluxe... nope... Rocket Cathedrals.... great guitar, btw... glare Boston... technically they had two lead vocalists on one of their tours, Fran Cosmo and Brad Delp. Did Geils ever have another vocalist on those sucky later commercial albums I never bought? I ...don't... know...

You're just trying to confuse us, aren't you, Jackass?

Years ago i was working at am employee lunch counter at Sears. I had the honor of serving Fran lunch a few times. He would sheetwall to eat . HA he said he had to sheetwall because he blew all his dough.He had been in ORION THE HUNTER. Fran is still vital of course but when i heard he was singing for Boston, i was stoked. Good dude. I think he's learned his lesson and he's wiser with his $$. His son is following his footsteps today.

See my chapbook of poetry:
http://www.foothillspublishing.com/2008/id77.htm

Follow your dreams
06-30-2008 07:19 AM
Dyolf Away
Pink Floyd

You could argue that Yes is one, in that the lead singer in which ever line-up you look at didn't share lead vocals... Jon Anderson sings lead on every album but Drama.
The Fratellis are another with Jon Fratelli being the lead singer.
I think most of the obvious ones have been said so I can't think of any more.

Come and join us at http://www.floydians.org and continue the PFO legacy.
06-30-2008 09:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Morglor9 Offline
The Wall

CAKE is easily a one-man-vocal show, with some backing and harmonies. John McCrea deadpans every song on every album...

They're still great.

Hitting Bottom Isn't A Weekend Retreat.
06-30-2008 11:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Some Other Jackass Offline
Animals

RE: And the delivery of vocals on Cake songs are unique in most cases
QoQuaq Wrote:You could argue that Yes is one, in that the lead singer in which ever line-up you look at didn't share lead vocals... Jon Anderson sings lead on every album but Drama.

And I will argue that Trevor sings lead on two songs on both 90125 and Big Generator as just a few examples.

[Image: 4382100387_c70f4d5a94.jpg]
06-30-2008 12:21 PM
Dyolf Away
Pink Floyd

RE: And the delivery of vocals on Cake songs are unique in most cases
Some Other Jackass Wrote:
QoQuaq Wrote:You could argue that Yes is one, in that the lead singer in which ever line-up you look at didn't share lead vocals... Jon Anderson sings lead on every album but Drama.

And I will argue that Trevor sings lead on two songs on both 90125 and Big Generator as just a few examples.

Bugger. I forgot about those..... Sad Then I concede defeat.

Come and join us at http://www.floydians.org and continue the PFO legacy.
06-30-2008 02:15 PM
Monolith Offline
Obscured By Clouds

Opeth
07-01-2008 07:09 AM
Three Different Ones Offline
Banned

Not sure if I already said this, but with Bright Eyes, for better or worse (depending on how you feel about his voice) Conor Oberst pretty much always takes lead vocal

Snake, history will never know what she did. No one will ever learn the truth. Her story... her debriefing... will endure only in your heart. Everything she did, she did for her country. She sacrificed her life and her honor for her native land. She was a real hero. She was a true patriot. ~ EVA re: The Boss (MGS3)
07-22-2008 08:53 AM
Wings on the Pig Offline
Pink Floyd

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but in Radiohead Thom Yorke handles most lead work, although Ed O'Brien does add backing vocals sometimes. Also, Led Zeppelin had Robert Plant mainly singing the lead, with the other members occassionally chipping in with background.

R. I. P Syd Barrett (06/01/46-07/07/06)
R. I. P Rick Wright (28/07/43-15/09/08)

[Image: PFOMemberoftheYear.jpg]

"We don't want no trouble, we just want the right to be different. That's all." - pita
07-22-2008 09:37 AM
Aqueronte Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

The Animals, I'm pretty sure Eric sang all their songs.
I'm not so sure about the Yardbirds, I think Keith sang all as far as I know or remember hearing, but I could be wrong.
I wish Procol Harum would have done the same for A Salty Dog....
07-22-2008 12:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What are you currently eating and/or drinking? - share your food wowser 5,778 119,762 10-17-2013 08:35 AM
Last Post: Lady Floydian
  GEORGE HARRISON CD'S ARE BEING RERELEASED!! - Beatles & PF share the #1 spot 2 me. DeRick 20 2,079 10-10-2009 09:03 AM
Last Post: Three Different Ones
Cool Find any cool websites you want to share? Post them here....... StillWaters 19 1,597 07-22-2008 02:00 PM
Last Post: TiedyeVikki
  favorite lyricists and examples of their work - let's share! mabewa 65 3,322 11-05-2007 09:24 AM
Last Post: TiedyeVikki
  the backing vocals of 60s/70s unchained 8 708 10-17-2007 01:16 AM
Last Post: unchained