Like It.
I'll listen to it, sometimes.
The worst.
[Show Results]

The Division Bell? Why not liked?
silverpot Offline
Obscured By Clouds

RE: The Division Bell? Why not liked?
(02-09-2011 08:51 AM)Lady Floydian Wrote:  I don't hear any allusions to WYWH on The Division Bell. Using the same two words that were used in another song doesn't mean it's a copy of that song. Poles Apart and Hey You are nothing alike. The intro to Shine On and Coming Back To Life aren't the same either.

Seriously, I don't know what you were listening to. :-\

I haven't noticed any similarity either, other than the fact that Rick and David together can't help sounding like Pink Floyd.
02-09-2011 09:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hunter21291 Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

Same here. The only similarity I found was the intro to What Do You Want From Me sounds like the intro to Have a Cigar. That's not a bad thing at all, though, because when I first heard that song, I thought, "Hell yeah. This is DEFINITELY a Pink Floyd album."

You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so that when they turn their backs on you, you'll get the chance to put the knife in.
02-09-2011 03:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blue_ember Offline
Atom Heart Mother

(02-09-2011 03:22 PM)hunter21291 Wrote:  Same here. The only similarity I found was the intro to What Do You Want From Me sounds like the intro to Have a Cigar. That's not a bad thing at all, though, because when I first heard that song, I thought, "Hell yeah. This is DEFINITELY a Pink Floyd album."

Exactly right. I agree. I was very pleased with their return to the older styles. Around that time music was changing drastically and having something like that really made it sounds like something Pink Floyd would do. And I also agree that the two together can't help but sound like Pink Floyd again.
What I think is that lack of originality is no reason not to like an album or the songs. and I'm not saying it isn't original because the first time I head TDB I was very surprised by the change they had. Even if there are similarities in styles (What do you want from me - Have a Cigar) or structure of the songs they sounds VERY different from pre-rogers. As I have said: Pink Floyd is Pink Floyd.
Personally I don't care if they sounds the same (if they actually do) because honestly if they decided that they were going to do an album that was almost a complete copy of.. The wall lets say (not that its possible but this is just theoretical) but I would LOVE the album. Who cares if it isn't original. Ill say it again: Pink Floyd is Pink Floyd.

Roger Waters - The Wall Live. December 12th, 2011. Second Comfortably Numb guitar solo= best moment of my life!
02-09-2011 06:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Division Bell 20 Year Anniv quicksilver 18 609 04-12-2014 12:41 PM
Last Post: artisan121
  Division Bell Vinyl (blue) absolutyyz 36 11,437 03-29-2013 03:54 AM
Last Post: wet dream
  Need Help - Division Bell Blue Vinyl Seamus my old hound 8 4,477 07-11-2012 12:34 AM
Last Post: wet dream
  Floyd's two final studio albums - amlor vs division bell Lostinthewall6 21 5,017 01-14-2012 04:35 AM
Last Post: Arno Sluismans
  How would you rank the tracks on "The Division Bell"? emonerd826 8 1,517 11-09-2011 07:02 PM
Last Post: Joe