New Camera
mikoyan29 Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

New Camera
I ended up getting myself a new camera (Canon 40D). I used to use my mom's 35mm for the longest time. I loved the hell out of it. Then I got a Kodak DC240 digital camera. It was nice but I didn't like fact that I didn't have alot of control on my shots and the zoom wasn't the greatest. So I got a Panasonic FZ7. I should have gotten a Digital SLR at that point. It's a nice camera. I have control over the shutter speed but it doesn't provide the greatest range in F-stops. So I decided to make the plunge into a Digital SLR. I was reading a bunch of forums, reading reviews and what not and couldn't decided between Canon or Nikon (it's a David or Roger issue). Finally, I decided on the Canon. So far I am liking it.

[Image: IMG_1536.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1537.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1538.jpg]
This is a shrine nearby. I've driven by it a number of times. Never realized just how beautiful it was.

Some of my other recent pictures:
http://www.wentworth-ltd.org/cali2/cali2.html

http://www.wentworth-ltd.org/emu/emu.html
Hope you enjoy.
10-23-2008 07:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
only floyd Offline
Wish You Were Here

RE: New Camera
Where is this Shrine?
10-23-2008 08:14 AM
mikoyan29 Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

only floyd Wrote:Where is this Shrine?
It's in Royal Oak, Michigan on the corner of Woodward and 12 Mile.
10-23-2008 08:51 AM
Some Other Jackass Offline
Animals

mikoyan29 Wrote:I ended up getting myself a new camera (Canon 40D). I used to use my mom's 35mm for the longest time. I loved the hell out of it. Then I got a Kodak DC240 digital camera. It was nice but I didn't like fact that I didn't have alot of control on my shots and the zoom wasn't the greatest. So I got a Panasonic FZ7. I should have gotten a Digital SLR at that point. It's a nice camera. I have control over the shutter speed but it doesn't provide the greatest range in F-stops. So I decided to make the plunge into a Digital SLR. I was reading a bunch of forums, reading reviews and what not and couldn't decided between Canon or Nikon (it's a David or Roger issue). Finally, I decided on the Canon. So far I am liking it.

I could have saved you some time and money and convinced you to get the Pentax K20D or K100D.
Canon or Nikon, huh? glare
That's ok. We can still be cyber aquaintences. But don't go filling Jonny's head with that "C-word" nonsense. He is just starting off and his father got him a Pentax K1000 film slr. Great choice.
My wife got me a Canon for my birthday last year. I took it back and got more camera for the money with the Pentax K10D and divorced her. Don't go bringin' a Canon into our happy marriage!
Just a little rivalry amongst camera users joke there.
Now go out and take some pictures!
10-23-2008 09:40 AM
mikoyan29 Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

Some Other Jackass Wrote:
mikoyan29 Wrote:I ended up getting myself a new camera (Canon 40D). I used to use my mom's 35mm for the longest time. I loved the hell out of it. Then I got a Kodak DC240 digital camera. It was nice but I didn't like fact that I didn't have alot of control on my shots and the zoom wasn't the greatest. So I got a Panasonic FZ7. I should have gotten a Digital SLR at that point. It's a nice camera. I have control over the shutter speed but it doesn't provide the greatest range in F-stops. So I decided to make the plunge into a Digital SLR. I was reading a bunch of forums, reading reviews and what not and couldn't decided between Canon or Nikon (it's a David or Roger issue). Finally, I decided on the Canon. So far I am liking it.

I could have saved you some time and money and convinced you to get the Pentax K20D or K100D.
Canon or Nikon, huh? glare
That's ok. We can still be cyber aquaintences. But don't go filling Jonny's head with that "C-word" nonsense. He is just starting off and his father got him a Pentax K1000 film slr. Great choice.
My wife got me a Canon for my birthday last year. I took it back and got more camera for the money with the Pentax K10D and divorced her. Don't go bringin' a Canon into our happy marriage!
Just a little rivalry amongst camera users joke there.
Now go out and take some pictures!
My mom's camera was a Pentax (not sure of model number)...it was nice.
10-23-2008 09:56 AM
cevor Offline
Tarantula's Webmate.
Super Moderators

Tarantula bought a sweet 40D on her trip here last year, she loves it! Next the killer lens. T's work will soon be featured again on our band's myspace page along with her stellar poster/graphic designs (they're all hers). Click the link below, at our earliest shows she was using her old camera, if all goes well she'll be shooting our 11-5 and 11-8 theater shows.

And now the final solution can be applied.
http://www.childhoodsend.net
http://www.themohocollective.com
http://www.markdoyleandthemaniacs.com
http://www.britfloyd.com
http://www.sublunarstudios.com
10-23-2008 09:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Animals

So one of these chimps is you?
[Image: 95fdafe0.jpg]

Again, more playful teasing amongst camera users.
They were both shooting Canons and have the Canon Deluxe backpack. I got that backpack last month but took a black marker to the "C-word". I would have cut it off but that would circumvent the waterproof factor of the bag. Great bag though.
Did you want to talk about bags? That's like when someone asks about the weather. You're not really asking about the weather, just making conversation and then some other jackass walks up spouting nonsense that leaves you scratching your head and wishing you had never asked.
10-23-2008 10:05 AM
mikoyan29 Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

Yeah, I just have the lens that came with the camera and the low end 70-300mm zoom lens (no Image Stabilization or anything like that). I think I want a 450mm lens next but that will probably come next year.
10-23-2008 10:22 AM
Animals

mikoyan29 Wrote:Yeah, I just have the lens that came with the camera and the low end 70-300mm zoom lens (no Image Stabilization or anything like that). I think I want a 450mm lens next but that will probably come next year.

and a 500 gb external hard drive, 6 4gb Extreme III SD cards, Kata 3 in 1 camera bag, Manfrotto tripod, etc.
10-23-2008 10:44 AM
drk229 Offline
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Can this be photography thread now? woah
10-23-2008 11:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I have a video camera that uses film, How do I paparazzi! 0 361 06-28-2007 08:25 AM
Last Post: paparazzi!