Would you re-buy Pink Floyd albums if they were remastered with bonus tracks?
Dyolf Offline
Pink Floyd

Would you re-buy Pink Floyd albums if they were remastered with bonus tracks?
04-13-2009 01:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MacPhisto Offline
Banned

RE: Would you re-buy Pink Floyd albums if they were remastered with bonus tracks?
They should do what they did with the Genesis re-issues (they came with an extra DVD of live footage from the period and band interviews), but also with the bonus tracks. That would be swell. Then again, I would probably buy them again anyway, since quite a few of them are pretty damaged. Just as long as they're in a decent price range ($30-$50 would be fine).

I know I believe in nothing but it is my nothing

Last.fm | RYM | Twitter | YouTube
04-13-2009 02:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wings on the Pig Offline
Pink Floyd

RE: Would you re-buy Pink Floyd albums if they were remastered with bonus tracks?
I would only buy certain albums I think. A remastered edition of More with 'extra tracks' would seem even less satisfying than the original album, for example . . .
04-13-2009 02:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Parsifal Offline
Animals

Not if they released them on CD. However, I would buy a DVD-Audio release, provided none of the optional DRM mechanisms were activated so I could rip it to FLAC, in a heartbeat (no pun intended). Of course, I don't really expect any of the record companies of today to release DRM-free DVD-Audio discs, so I guess the only way I'd buy them again is if I came across a vinyl copy in good condition.

And Chris, don't you be hatin' on More.
04-13-2009 05:39 AM
Some Other Jackass Offline
Animals

I would be more tempted to buy some of my more favorite albums such as The Final Cut, The Wall and The Darkside Of The Moon provided that there were loads of bonus material and superb packaging.
But to be direct, I think I am in a place in my life where I feel that the Floyd collection I have now is satisfying enough. As I say, it would take some really great packaging and unreleased, bonus tracks or film footage for me to buy the above mentioned albums. Just like the announced Beatles collection though, if it were released and the excitement struck me in the right place...
It would be great for some of the fans and those who are not yet fans though. I think that last collection looked great and was certainly attractive and I thought about picking one up more than once but sometimes reason gets the better part of me. But when I was your age, wouldda snatched one up very quickly indeed.
04-13-2009 05:40 AM
Wings on the Pig Offline
Pink Floyd

04-13-2009 05:42 AM
Parsifal Offline
Animals

The bonus tracks wouldn't really appeal to me. I almost never listen to bonus tracks. The only real exception is Van der Graaf Generator's Pawn Hearts, because those bonus tracks are amazing.
04-13-2009 05:44 AM
Kimbers Sheep Offline
Sheep Rule
Super Moderators

Don't need them, but having said that if they released ANYTHING new I'd buy it!
04-13-2009 10:04 AM
Frog Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

No, because the 90s masters sound great. Re-remasters usually sound like garbage because they are over-compressed. (examples Doors 1999 vs 2007, 90s Zeppelin vs 2007 Mothership, Pearl Jam Ten vs 2009 remaster)

Now if Floyd would release the b-sides, bbc sessions, and broadcast quality shows/video from archives yes.

SACD versions of WYWH, Animals, and The Wall would also be nice.

Honestly, this band does not have much un-released studio material.
04-13-2009 11:21 AM
Kimbers Sheep Offline
Sheep Rule
Super Moderators

There are many, many songs which evolved over the years, so while not many "new" studio versions exist there are many songs which were played live that could be included.
04-13-2009 11:27 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Time - Pink Floyd (1973) Remastered Audio/HD Video MetalGuruMessiah 1 198 03-06-2014 03:37 AM
Last Post: manal18
  Rearranged Pink Floyd Albums Game ohbytheway 1 619 12-16-2013 05:40 PM
Last Post: FrowningBanana
  "All 5 Pink Floyd Albums" Seamus my old hound 6 421 12-12-2013 04:01 AM
Last Post: Floydy
  Pink Floyd's albums are re-charting and in a BIG way! Lady Floydian 10 2,426 03-07-2012 03:00 AM
Last Post: Cabbage Love
  Win All 14 Pink Floyd Discovery albums. Spiritinthesky 0 359 01-14-2012 01:12 AM
Last Post: Spiritinthesky