How to sound like David Gilmour?
pinkfloydfan1 Offline
Division Bell

RE: How to sound like David Gilmour?
Easily Ive got patches for the whole of Dark Side, The Wall, On An Island, About Face, Pulse,Delicate Sound Of Thunder, Wish You Were Here, Meddle,

Shouldnt be a problem but im glad people are getting into the Gt 8 they are a really reliable and efficently cheap non Digital sounding multieffects your best bet is just using it as one big stomp box thats what i do i seem to use the manaul mode more and more these days.
08-13-2009 02:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
foliocb Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

nice! I will be asking for them once I order the gt8 :D
08-13-2009 11:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
knewt Offline

I like the Digitech RP500 myself, but I do play alot of different styles.
Just my 2 cents.
09-02-2009 03:47 PM
pinkfloydfan1 Offline
Division Bell

LOL You have no idea about tone then... The RP500 Is AWFULL !!!
09-03-2009 01:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
knewt Offline

pinkfloydfan1 Wrote:LOL You have no idea about tone then... The RP500 Is AWFULL !!!

I don't know, I just started playin guitar in 1973, and as far as the RP500, you can do an alot of tweeking. And if you really want you can add diff. effect pedels to it like I did. So I guess after 36 years I havent learned anything.
09-04-2009 07:15 AM
cevor Offline
Tarantula's Webmate.
Super Moderators

knewt Wrote:
pinkfloydfan1 Wrote:LOL You have no idea about tone then... The RP500 Is AWFULL !!!

I don't know, I just started playin guitar in 1973, and as far as the RP500, you can do an alot of tweeking. And if you really want you can add diff. effect pedels to it like I did. So I guess after 36 years I havent learned anything.

knewt,
Don't think too poorly of Liam, he can be a bit outspoken.
c.

And now the final solution can be applied.

http://www.sublunarstudios.com

https://www.facebook.com/sublunarstudios
09-04-2009 07:55 AM
knewt Offline

cevor Wrote:
knewt Wrote:

knewt,
c.

I don't think poorly of him, it's just a case of to each-there-own. And for myself I perfer the digitech, I wasn't trying to be nasty, it's just my
sick twisted mind, BUT, I'm always open to new ideas.
And Liam, I don't take anything personally, different people like different things, and I've read alot of your posts and there is alot of good info, keep it comming, knewt (aka) Dave
09-04-2009 01:55 PM
pinkfloydfan1 Offline
Division Bell

knewt Wrote:
cevor Wrote:
knewt Wrote:

knewt,
c.

I don't think poorly of him, it's just a case of to each-there-own. And for myself I perfer the digitech, I wasn't trying to be nasty, it's just my
sick twisted mind, BUT, I'm always open to new ideas.
And Liam, I don't take anything personally, different people like different things, and I've read alot of your posts and there is alot of good info, keep it comming, knewt (aka) Dave

36 years of playing though and your using a Digitech multi effects..
Even though you can tweak it it sucks the tone of your guitar terribly.

I haven't tried plugging in any other pedals whilst playing one but even so in doing that it kind of takes away the idea of it being a multi effects.

And no I am not having a go this was meant as a friendly message i just interested to know why you like the rp500 if i was prime minister i would ban all Digitech and Alesis and line 6 multi - effects they suck tone so bad.

All digital really does though, theres only a few boss multi effects and Mxr effects and Korg believe it or not. That i think have a substantial and good purpose.. IE. they don't change the character of the guitar they just boost it and give the dynamics a bit more ooft in terms of sustain and warmth.
09-04-2009 02:05 PM
foliocb Offline

Alright, I got me a GT8! Think you could send me the config files? I want them all! :D
09-13-2009 06:42 PM
pinkfloydfan1 Offline
Division Bell

i will when i have time check out http://www.bossgtcentral.com i posted a very rough dark side of the moon set on there.
09-14-2009 04:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "In The Flesh?" plane crash sound ju_zeppelin 1 1,546 09-24-2012 04:04 AM
Last Post: Greedo
  Sound like Gilmour... on a budget. I have become Comfortably Numb 5 2,020 07-16-2012 02:03 PM
Last Post: pinkfloydfan1
  Mr Wright's Gritty Organ Sound jumbojock 3 2,105 01-07-2010 11:09 AM
Last Post: DrKole
  Ghs Boomers Release David Gilmour Sig Strings pinkfloydfan1 15 7,500 06-13-2009 11:46 PM
Last Post: JudgeWorm94
  David Gilmour Gear:Which Pickups over the years ? - Dimarzio FS-1's ? Black Strat ? The Carrier 9 2,590 05-08-2009 07:23 PM
Last Post: JudgeWorm94