If Syd hadn't gone mad....
The Pict Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

RE: If Syd hadn't gone mad....
(07-24-2010 04:51 PM)forreverendgreen Wrote:  Jam bands are the bane of all existence.

She's not mad. She's just right.

The Spin Doctors sucked. Syd Floyd/Syd solo didn't. She should justify this absurd suggestion.

Well...?
07-24-2010 04:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lady Floydian Offline
Pink Floyd

Firstly, I don't need to justify anything to anyone. Secondly, forreverendgreen said that if Syd hadn't gone mad and subsequently left the group, Pink Floyd would have been a jam band. So I followed up that post by naming a jam band and did so with tongue planted firmly in cheek. You know, since the Spin Doctors were in fact, a jam band.....hacky-sacks and all.

So what exactly is the problem here?

[Image: davidgilmoursignbyloudl.jpg]
(signature image courtesy of loud-love @ deviantART)
07-24-2010 05:29 PM
The Pict Offline

(07-24-2010 05:29 PM)Electrophile Wrote:  Firstly, I don't need to justify anything to anyone.

You won't get far in life with that attitude, young lady.

Syd didn't 'go mad', but it was convenient for Waters to claim that he had.

Syd didn't leave the band. He was kicked out, by the megalomaniac/sociopath Waters.

Get your facts right, you bunch of amateurs.
07-24-2010 06:34 PM
forreverendgreen Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

Hahaha, oh wow. It's like, there's words, and they make sentences, but they have no correlation to anything.

tl;dr make sense next time

Call me a safe bet,
I'm betting I'm not.
I'm glad that you can forgive,
I'm only hoping as time goes
You can forget.
07-24-2010 07:29 PM
Lady Floydian Offline
Pink Floyd

(07-24-2010 06:34 PM)The Pict Wrote:  
(07-24-2010 05:29 PM)Electrophile Wrote:  Firstly, I don't need to justify anything to anyone.

Syd didn't leave the band. He was kicked out, by the megalomaniac/sociopath Waters.

Syd had mental issues exacerbated by excessive hallucinogenic drug use. He was kicked out because he was longer in a state mentally that allowed the other guys to work with him in any meaningful way. I don't disagree that Roger had ego issues, even from the start, but don't even try pinning any of this on him.

So who needs to get what right? Certainly not us. If that's the attitude you're going to take with people, maybe you need to take a walk.

07-24-2010 10:04 PM
Floydy Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

No one kicked Syd out of Pink Floyd, it was a collective decision. If you have read anything about the early Pink Floyd you will know that David Gilmour was bought in to make Pink Floyd a 5 peice band, to play Syds' parts when Syd was unable. Unfortunatly this scenario did not work out. As they were on their way to a gig someone said "Shall we pick up Syd?" And someone else said "Let's not bother" None of the Pink Floyd members know who said what (Excepy maybe for Syd) So to pin Syds leaving on Roger is totally unfair. I also think that Syd left Pink Floyd way before he was ousted. But that is just my opinion.

Try explaining that to his family

[Image: vRJ86GT.jpg]
07-25-2010 01:14 AM
cevor Offline
Tarantula's Webmate.
Super Moderators

(07-24-2010 10:04 PM)Electrophile Wrote:  

Syd had mental issues exacerbated by excessive hallucinogenic drug use. He was kicked out because he was longer in a state mentally that allowed the other guys to work with him in any meaningful way. I don't disagree that Roger had ego issues, even from the start, but don't even try pinning any of this on him.

So who needs to get what right? Certainly not us. If that's the attitude you're going to take with people, maybe you need to take a walk.

Well said Electrophile. 7 posts into your time here and this is the way you go Pict? We tend to be a kinder, gentler PF forum, if you want to rant, rave and make wildly inaccurate statements there are plenty of other forums for you to haunt.

And now the final solution can be applied.
http://www.childhoodsend.net
http://www.themohocollective.com
http://www.markdoyleandthemaniacs.com
http://www.britfloyd.com
http://www.sublunarstudios.com
07-25-2010 02:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Pict Offline

(07-25-2010 02:40 AM)cevor Wrote:  Well said Electrophile. 7 posts into your time here and this is the way you go Pict? We tend to be a kinder, gentler PF forum, if you want to rant, rave and make wildly inaccurate statements there are plenty of other forums for you to haunt.

Ok, well, I retract my 'amateurs' comment, but really, I don't think there's anything too 'wildly inaccurate' in the other stuff I said. And I don't think Waters would deny any of it either. How could he? This is a man who gobbed on his own audience Blink
07-25-2010 10:25 AM
Lady Floydian Offline
Pink Floyd

Roger was not responsible for Syd having a mental breakdown. Roger was not responsible for Syd doing too many drugs and worsening his mental state. Roger was not responsible for the band as a whole deciding that they needed to move forward without Syd, owing to his increased inability to work.

There are more than enough things to legitimately blame Roger and his ego/attitude for, without making things up. Syd was not well. Exactly how unwell he was and to what degree he was unwell we'll probably never know, but trying to say that it is not true or that he was a victim of Roger's dastardly ego is not going to change the fact that he was in fact, a sick man.

So yeah, I'd say your post was wildly inaccurate.

07-25-2010 10:41 AM
The Pict Offline

(07-25-2010 10:41 AM)Electrophile Wrote:  Roger was not responsible for Syd having a mental breakdown. Roger was not responsible for Syd doing too many drugs and worsening his mental state. Roger was not responsible for the band as a whole deciding that they needed to move forward without Syd, owing to his increased inability to work.

There are more than enough things to legitimately blame Roger and his ego/attitude for, without making things up. Syd was not well. Exactly how unwell he was and to what degree he was unwell we'll probably never know, but trying to say that it is not true or that he was a victim of Roger's dastardly ego is not going to change the fact that he was in fact, a sick man.

So yeah, I'd say your post was wildly inaccurate.

Well I can see I've logged onto a Syd-haters forum here. So be it.

Where have I accused Waters of causing Syd's breakdown? (waiting...)

See? I didn't. But I doubt whether his lack of empathy will have helped matters. After all, nobody likes a bully.
07-25-2010 10:55 AM