so i'm more of...
Angelfang Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

so i'm more of...
a david gilmour fan than a roger waters fan...why should roger's fan's have all the fun? we need a gilmour tour!

10-14-2010 05:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Floydy Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

RE: so i'm more of...
I used to be David Gilmour but now I'm Roger Waters.

Pink Floyd Institute of Science and Technology
Floydy, Head of Department of Archaeology.
10-14-2010 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
silverpot Offline
Obscured By Clouds

To me, it depends on what side of PF we're talking about.
I'm a Gilmour girl when it comes to musicianship, sound and melodic sense. His guitar playing is what made me listen to them in the first place.
Roger is my man for his grand ideas and the forceful realization of things. He had a tremendous drive.

As for their solo outputs though, it's Gilmour all the way.

However, their solo stuff is a clear indicator of how much they needed each other to achieve what they did.
10-15-2010 12:07 PM
Lady Floydian Offline
Pink Floyd

David doesn't have the same drive anymore that Roger does. David has said that he'd like to do another solo album and he'll probably do some shows for it, but that need to tirelessly tour and stuff......that's passed. So while I agree that I'd like to see David tour because I'd love for the opportunity to see him again, he's not going to do something on the same scale that Roger has been touring with.

[Image: davidgilmoursignbyloudl.jpg]
(signature image courtesy of loud-love @ deviantART)
10-15-2010 12:18 PM
Angelfang Offline

(10-15-2010 12:18 PM)Lady Floydian Wrote:  David doesn't have the same drive anymore that Roger does. David has said that he'd like to do another solo album and he'll probably do some shows for it, but that need to tirelessly tour and stuff......that's passed. So while I agree that I'd like to see David tour because I'd love for the opportunity to see him again, he's not going to do something on the same scale that Roger has been touring with.

i don't care as long as he comes to chicago! seriously i'd be sooo happy! Biggrin
(10-15-2010 12:07 PM)silverpot Wrote:  To me, it depends on what side of PF we're talking about.
I'm a Gilmour girl when it comes to musicianship, sound and melodic sense. His guitar playing is what made me listen to them in the first place.
Roger is my man for his grand ideas and the forceful realization of things. He had a tremendous drive.

As for their solo outputs though, it's Gilmour all the way.

However, their solo stuff is a clear indicator of how much they needed each other to achieve what they did.

i have a feeling what i'm about too say might piss off some people...but its just my opinion, and you can think differently. roger waters was the brains.he was amazing at song writing and concepts. he also had a very interesting vocal style with pink floyd, but from what i've heard of his solo stuff he lost that a long time ago. david gilmour is the talent though. to me..NOBODY can touch him vocally or musically. hes just amazing...plus honestly he seems to be slightly more mellow and nicer than roger.

10-15-2010 05:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lady Floydian Offline
Pink Floyd

Speaking of Chicago, that's where I saw David back on his OAI tour in 2006. It's also my hometown -- I see we have a fellow Chicagoan on the boards (I hope). Whereabouts are you from? I'm from Albany Park, on the North Side, near the Brown Line terminal at Kimball and Lawrence.

[Image: davidgilmoursignbyloudl.jpg]
(signature image courtesy of loud-love @ deviantART)
10-16-2010 10:57 AM
Angelfang Offline

i'm about 5 min outside of it. ahhh i would have LOVED to see on an island, but the prob is i wasn't a fan till 2008...lame!and btw i'm SOOOOO jealous you saw david live!

10-16-2010 11:26 AM
huxuecan Offline

However, their solo stuff is a clear indicator of how much they needed each other to achieve what they did. ugg
10-20-2010 06:33 PM
Angelfang Offline

(10-20-2010 06:33 PM)huxuecan Wrote:  However, their solo stuff is a clear indicator of how much they needed each other to achieve what they did. ugg

i dunno i like some of david gilmours solo stuff as much as the bands

10-20-2010 06:38 PM
Johnnnyb5 Offline

The On an Island tour in 06 was awesome. I hope he tours again. Although I am still on a high from seeing Rogers The Wall tour two nights ago.
12-10-2010 01:46 PM