so i'm more of...
(12-29-2010, 05:14 AM)Arno Sluismans Wrote:
(12-28-2010, 08:59 PM)Lady Floydian Wrote: What haven't you heard?

The glasses in Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

He didn't use them every night of the tour. I know he did in Vienne, in Venice, and in a couple of other places. Everywhere else, he used the sound-on-sound technique to achieve the "synth" sound during the intro.
[Image: davidgilmoursignbyloudl.jpg]
(signature image courtesy of loud-love @ deviantART)
I mean on the album version... Wikipedia says they should be audible.
[Image: ighs84.png]
Whenever I make a post, add the modulus of e to the power of the product of i and pi to my counter.
(12-29-2010, 09:17 AM)Arno Sluismans Wrote: I mean on the album version... Wikipedia says they should be audible.

It's in the very beginning of Part I, right as it's starting. It's right before Rick's Minimoog synth comes in. You need to put really good headphones on (I have ear bud headphones) and turn it up, you should be able to hear it.
(12-29-2010, 09:17 AM)Arno Sluismans Wrote: I mean on the album version... Wikipedia says they should be audible.

It is audible even on the original studio recording. It's what sounds like rippling water. But it's more audible if you listen to Live in Gdansk where they've extended the part.
I've understood that you don't like Gilmour Arno, but I suggest you actually get that DVD. It contains a lot of goodies.
I'll have another listen in a few weeks. I've got my discographies on an EHD in my dorm. :|
Also, I do like Gilmour. I love him. I just don't like his way of staging concerts.
Whenever I make a post, add the modulus of e to the power of the product of i and pi to my counter.
Just out of curiosity, how many PF or PF related concerts have you been to Arno?
None. But I've seen more than a bunch of videos.
Gilmour's aesthetic isn't for everyone. I saw him in 2006 at the Rosemont Theater and I was blown away, and that was a very, very simple stage set up. No screens, no videos, not a whole lot. There was of course the lights, and what Marc Brickman designed for Echoes was just......gah. There was some smoke, but it wasn't for the duration of the concert. It was a rather spartan set design compared to say, The Division Bell tour.