Money - Dark Side of the Moon
EddieBass Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Money - Dark Side of the Moon
It took me 20 hours to finish the editing...

I think it's nice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jes7frhXa5w
11-29-2010 03:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pinkfloydfan1 Offline
Division Bell

RE: Money - Dark Side of the Moon
(11-29-2010 03:23 AM)EddieBass Wrote:  It took me 20 hours to finish the editing...

I think it's nice:

Im going to be honest it was a good cover but it could be better.

Most noticeable thing for me was that your not letting the notes ring out long enough.

2nd is your timing, Although not noticeable to the untrained ear. Its ever so slightly off at times.

Other than that very good cover.

To be completely honest if you add more bottom end to your tone and let the notes rings more youd have it spot on.

[Image: jedi.jpg]
11-29-2010 12:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EddieBass Offline

(11-29-2010 12:49 PM)pinkfloydfan1 Wrote:  
(11-29-2010 03:23 AM)EddieBass Wrote:  It took me 20 hours to finish the editing...

I think it's nice:

Im going to be honest it was a good cover but it could be better.

Most noticeable thing for me was that your not letting the notes ring out long enough.

2nd is your timing, Although not noticeable to the untrained ear. Its ever so slightly off at times.

Other than that very good cover.

To be completely honest if you add more bottom end to your tone and let the notes rings more youd have it spot on.

First of all I'd like to thank you very much for the feedback !
It really helps a lot.
I might watch to it.
But tell me, when do you think I must keep strings going for more time?
The guitar solo part?

Thank you once again !
11-30-2010 04:39 AM
pinkfloydfan1 Offline
Division Bell

In general its basically, Its in the technique of your playing, because your using your fingers the attack isnt quite there.
Which is causing a cut on the sustain, In order to get it sounding smoothly over all you need to let the strings ring out for a couple of milliseconds more.

For the solo section. Hameron the second fret during the dum daa dee da dum riff (cant remember the notes from memory) but that is how roger played it on the album.

Thats the advice i would give you everything else is perfect.

[Image: jedi.jpg]
11-30-2010 10:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EddieBass Offline

(11-30-2010 10:22 AM)pinkfloydfan1 Wrote:  In general its basically, Its in the technique of your playing, because your using your fingers the attack isnt quite there.
Which is causing a cut on the sustain, In order to get it sounding smoothly over all you need to let the strings ring out for a couple of milliseconds more.

For the solo section. Hameron the second fret during the dum daa dee da dum riff (cant remember the notes from memory) but that is how roger played it on the album.

Thats the advice i would give you everything else is perfect.

I really appreciate your review !

I checked it out and it would help if used a pick instead of fingers. But I really don't like picks. =(

Thank you very much for that !

I'm working on a new one, and this one will take me too much time...
12-03-2010 02:59 AM
PaulM Offline
Ummagumma

I liked it, man, and I think the video was very cool! Keep working at it!

I've been playing PF stuff on my 12-string acoustic for almost 30 years, and the only song I've perfected is "Is There Anybody Out There?", although I think I do pretty good versions of Mother, Brain Damage, and On The Turning Away. (In fact, when I play solo gigs, I do a whole set of PF.) I would love to sit in with you sometime and jam.

Don't tell me there's no hope at all,
Together we stand, divided we fall.
12-04-2010 12:58 PM
Lady Floydian Offline
Pink Floyd

I bet you do a pretty kick-ass rendition of On The Turning Away. It sounds simple enough, but I would bet it's rather hard to play or master. I wish I had the technical or musical ability to play an instrument -- the first thing I'd learn is Us and Them on the piano. Smile

[Image: davidgilmoursignbyloudl.jpg]
(signature image courtesy of loud-love @ deviantART)
12-09-2010 08:08 AM
EddieBass Offline

(12-04-2010 12:58 PM)PaulM Wrote:  I liked it, man, and I think the video was very cool! Keep working at it!

I've been playing PF stuff on my 12-string acoustic for almost 30 years, and the only song I've perfected is "Is There Anybody Out There?", although I think I do pretty good versions of Mother, Brain Damage, and On The Turning Away. (In fact, when I play solo gigs, I do a whole set of PF.) I would love to sit in with you sometime and jam.

Hi Paul.

First of all, thank you very much for your kind words ! =)
About playing together, well, who know?
Technology has come to help us out ! =)
Do you play Fearless? Do you have a way to record it? Nice camera, etc?

Thumbsup
hammershammershammershammershammers
(12-09-2010 08:08 AM)Lady Floydian Wrote:  I bet you do a pretty kick-ass rendition of On The Turning Away. It sounds simple enough, but I would bet it's rather hard to play or master. I wish I had the technical or musical ability to play an instrument -- the first thing I'd learn is Us and Them on the piano. Smile

hehehe, yeah, that piano is perfect. But if I could choose a song to play on piano first, I'd like to play The Great Gig In the Sky ! \o/

About On the Turning Away, I think the bass doesn't appear too much in this song. It's better for a guitar cover.
I will work hard on "Murder", which is a song I really love. But I gotta buy myself a fretless bass guitar. =)

Thank you ! Greets from Brazil !
12-13-2010 10:47 AM
Joe Offline
Animals

Nice.

...our minds shot together.
12-18-2010 10:13 AM
DrKole Offline
More

Good job! But like the others have said, your timing is ever so slightly off at times and you arn't holding the sustain. But other wise it great!
Keep up za good work...

Ahem BATTY rocker
12-19-2010 09:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dark Side of the Moon On Cello - Kickstarter campaign - vinyl release jhanke 0 444 10-25-2012 11:48 AM
Last Post: jhanke
  Orchestral cover of Pink Floyd's 'The Dark Side of the Moon' Trinity Orchestra 0 647 02-13-2012 09:15 AM
Last Post: Trinity Orchestra
  My Pink Floyd project - Dark Side of My Room JohnRockliffeMusic 2 439 08-22-2011 11:08 AM
Last Post: MichaelBrown
  Money! Solo and impro! Must See! FloydniacoBR 5 824 08-09-2010 06:25 AM
Last Post: nature
  Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon - 8 bit version for NES bedawang 3 734 04-11-2010 09:02 AM
Last Post: Pink Flow