Money - Dark Side of the Moon
It took me 20 hours to finish the editing...

I think it's nice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jes7frhXa5w
(11-29-2010, 03:23 AM)EddieBass Wrote: It took me 20 hours to finish the editing...

I think it's nice:

Im going to be honest it was a good cover but it could be better.

Most noticeable thing for me was that your not letting the notes ring out long enough.

2nd is your timing, Although not noticeable to the untrained ear. Its ever so slightly off at times.

Other than that very good cover.

To be completely honest if you add more bottom end to your tone and let the notes rings more youd have it spot on.
Liam Creedon - Session Musician / Tutor
Http://www.liamcreedon.co.uk

Lead Guitarist of Wish You Were Floyd
(11-29-2010, 12:49 PM)pinkfloydfan1 Wrote:
(11-29-2010, 03:23 AM)EddieBass Wrote: It took me 20 hours to finish the editing...

I think it's nice:

Im going to be honest it was a good cover but it could be better.

Most noticeable thing for me was that your not letting the notes ring out long enough.

2nd is your timing, Although not noticeable to the untrained ear. Its ever so slightly off at times.

Other than that very good cover.

To be completely honest if you add more bottom end to your tone and let the notes rings more youd have it spot on.

First of all I'd like to thank you very much for the feedback !
It really helps a lot.
I might watch to it.
But tell me, when do you think I must keep strings going for more time?
The guitar solo part?

Thank you once again !
In general its basically, Its in the technique of your playing, because your using your fingers the attack isnt quite there.
Which is causing a cut on the sustain, In order to get it sounding smoothly over all you need to let the strings ring out for a couple of milliseconds more.

For the solo section. Hameron the second fret during the dum daa dee da dum riff (cant remember the notes from memory) but that is how roger played it on the album.

Thats the advice i would give you everything else is perfect.
Liam Creedon - Session Musician / Tutor
Http://www.liamcreedon.co.uk

Lead Guitarist of Wish You Were Floyd
(11-30-2010, 10:22 AM)pinkfloydfan1 Wrote: In general its basically, Its in the technique of your playing, because your using your fingers the attack isnt quite there.
Which is causing a cut on the sustain, In order to get it sounding smoothly over all you need to let the strings ring out for a couple of milliseconds more.

For the solo section. Hameron the second fret during the dum daa dee da dum riff (cant remember the notes from memory) but that is how roger played it on the album.

Thats the advice i would give you everything else is perfect.

I really appreciate your review !

I checked it out and it would help if used a pick instead of fingers. But I really don't like picks. =(

Thank you very much for that !

I'm working on a new one, and this one will take me too much time...
I liked it, man, and I think the video was very cool! Keep working at it!

I've been playing PF stuff on my 12-string acoustic for almost 30 years, and the only song I've perfected is "Is There Anybody Out There?", although I think I do pretty good versions of Mother, Brain Damage, and On The Turning Away. (In fact, when I play solo gigs, I do a whole set of PF.) I would love to sit in with you sometime and jam.
Don't tell me there's no hope at all,
Together we stand, divided we fall.
I bet you do a pretty kick-ass rendition of On The Turning Away. It sounds simple enough, but I would bet it's rather hard to play or master. I wish I had the technical or musical ability to play an instrument -- the first thing I'd learn is Us and Them on the piano. Smile
[Image: davidgilmoursignbyloudl.jpg]
(signature image courtesy of loud-love @ deviantART)
(12-04-2010, 12:58 PM)PaulM Wrote: I liked it, man, and I think the video was very cool! Keep working at it!

I've been playing PF stuff on my 12-string acoustic for almost 30 years, and the only song I've perfected is "Is There Anybody Out There?", although I think I do pretty good versions of Mother, Brain Damage, and On The Turning Away. (In fact, when I play solo gigs, I do a whole set of PF.) I would love to sit in with you sometime and jam.

Hi Paul.

First of all, thank you very much for your kind words ! =)
About playing together, well, who know?
Technology has come to help us out ! =)
Do you play Fearless? Do you have a way to record it? Nice camera, etc?

Thumbsup
hammershammershammershammershammers
(12-09-2010, 08:08 AM)Lady Floydian Wrote: I bet you do a pretty kick-ass rendition of On The Turning Away. It sounds simple enough, but I would bet it's rather hard to play or master. I wish I had the technical or musical ability to play an instrument -- the first thing I'd learn is Us and Them on the piano. Smile

hehehe, yeah, that piano is perfect. But if I could choose a song to play on piano first, I'd like to play The Great Gig In the Sky ! \o/

About On the Turning Away, I think the bass doesn't appear too much in this song. It's better for a guitar cover.
I will work hard on "Murder", which is a song I really love. But I gotta buy myself a fretless bass guitar. =)

Thank you ! Greets from Brazil !
Nice.
...our minds shot together.
Good job! But like the others have said, your timing is ever so slightly off at times and you arn't holding the sustain. But other wise it great!
Keep up za good work...
Ahem BATTY rocker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark Side of the Moon On Cello - Kickstarter campaign - vinyl release jhanke 0 922 10-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Last Post: jhanke
  Orchestral cover of Pink Floyd's 'The Dark Side of the Moon' Trinity Orchestra 0 1,161 02-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Trinity Orchestra
  My Pink Floyd project - Dark Side of My Room JohnRockliffeMusic 2 915 08-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Last Post: MichaelBrown
  Money! Solo and impro! Must See! FloydniacoBR 5 1,281 08-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: nature
  Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon - 8 bit version for NES bedawang 3 1,235 04-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Pink Flow