Who is Syd? This is all you need to see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMNWHLPSgBE&feature=fvst rocker

They put the Syd in Acid
Roger Waters - The Wall Live. December 12th, 2011. Second Comfortably Numb guitar solo= best moment of my life!
Did you know Syd's original name was Roger?
...our minds shot together.
I think most people know that, or at least if they've read anything about him, they do. Just like Roger's first name is actually George.
[Image: davidgilmoursignbyloudl.jpg]
(signature image courtesy of loud-love @ deviantART)
woooooaw! Really? I never read up on him or Roger in depth but thats interesting. Why did they change their names?
Roger Waters - The Wall Live. December 12th, 2011. Second Comfortably Numb guitar solo= best moment of my life!
Roger didn't change his name, he just chooses to go by his middle name. Lots of people do that. A good friend of mine is named Elizabeth Marie, but chooses to go by Marie because she doesn't like her first name. It's not that unusual.

As for why Syd chose to go by Syd rather than Roger, he took his name from a local Cambridge musician named Sid Barrett, but chose to change the spelling to differentiate between the two.
So, it doesn't have anything to do with acid?
No, no it doesn't. Besides, he changed his name when he was 14, and while I'm sure he experimented with something at that point, it wasn't why he chose to do it.
That is very interesting.
Well you never know what was going through Syd's mind. As shown in the video xD Nasty Prisms good sir. Maybe he had ESQ and was predicting DSOtM xD
Highly unlikely. I've heard everything from schizophrenia to autism, but not clairvoyance.