Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd."
Joe Offline
Animals

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd."
(06-01-2011 10:20 AM)silverpot Wrote:  Well, Phil Collins comes to mind. Not only a great drummer, but also a good song writer and arranger.
Also, Dream Theater's drummer Mike Portnoy was the real motor of that band, song writer, arranger, conceptualist, you name it. I wonder how they will sound without him.
Christian Vander, leader of Magma. That band is a legend, and it would have never existed without Vander.

...our minds shot together.
12-08-2011 02:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
silverpot Offline
Obscured By Clouds

(12-08-2011 11:28 AM)runningshoes Wrote:  There have been no members of Pink Floyd for 26 years. That whole Gilmour, Mason Wright thing was a fraud.

That's utter tosh!!!
12-09-2011 11:47 AM
Joe Offline
Animals

Roger Waters can't reunite Pink Floyd because Roger Waters is not a member of Pink Floyd. KTHXBAI.

...our minds shot together.
12-09-2011 01:49 PM
Lady Floydian Offline
Pink Floyd

(12-08-2011 11:28 AM)runningshoes Wrote:  There have been no members of Pink Floyd for 26 years. That whole Gilmour, Mason, Wright thing was a fraud.

What a pile of pish. Roger Waters is not, was not, and will continue not to be, the entirety of Pink Floyd. Roger chose to f*ck off and leave the group. What were David and Nick supposed to do? Pack it up and head home? They had every right to continue on as Pink Floyd, and they did. You don't have to like the music they produced, but that doesn't make what they did not Pink Floyd.

Thinking Waters was the whole of the band is a complete and total insult to the talents of everyone else who comprised the band. As if they had no say or hand in the group's success, it was all down to their egomaniacal and perpetually PMS'ing bassist.

Seriously. Pish.

[Image: davidgilmoursignbyloudl.jpg]
(signature image courtesy of loud-love @ deviantART)
12-11-2011 04:53 PM
blue_ember Offline
Atom Heart Mother

wow its unfortunate that theres a minority of PF fans who beleive pink floyd ended at the Final Cut. I just don't understand! Why NOT listen to and appreciate, at the least, post-Roger Pink Floyd...

Roger Waters - The Wall Live. December 12th, 2011. Second Comfortably Numb guitar solo= best moment of my life!
12-11-2011 05:45 PM
runningshoes Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

"In 1985 guitarist David Gilmour began to assemble a group of musicians to work on his third solo album. At the end of 1986 he changed his mind, and decided that the new material would instead be included in a new Pink Floyd album."

A Momentary Lapse Of Reason

Signs of Life - Gilmour, Ezrin
Learning to Fly - Gilmour, Moore, Ezrin, Carin
The Dogs of War - Gilmour, Moore
One Slip - Gilmour, Manzanera
On the Turning Away - Gilmour, Moore
Yet Another Movie / Round and Around - Gilmour, Leonard / Gilmour
A New Machine (Part 1) - Gilmour
Terminal Frost (instrumental) - Gilmour
A New Machine (Part 2) - Gilmour
Sorrow - Gilmour

Sorry guys. I'm not buying it. Gilmour wants to put out a solo album but realizes it will probably be a flop like his first two, so he decides...people are stupid. I'll call it Pink Floyd and it will be succesful. I even bought into it when it first happened, but I was only 15 at the time.
(12-11-2011 05:45 PM)blue_ember Wrote:  wow its unfortunate that theres a minority of PF fans who beleive pink floyd ended at the Final Cut. I just don't understand! Why NOT listen to and appreciate, at the least, post-Roger Pink Floyd...

I like the post Waters era for what it is. It's not bad music, it's just not Pink Floyd. I understand my opinion pisses off the Gilmour fanboys and girls, but that's the way I see it.
12-11-2011 06:07 PM
Lady Floydian Offline
Pink Floyd

Ah yes, trot out the "fanboy/fangirl" argument. That'll help.

[Image: davidgilmoursignbyloudl.jpg]
(signature image courtesy of loud-love @ deviantART)
12-11-2011 07:28 PM
Dyolf Offline
Pink Floyd

It's true that a lot of the material started off as a possible Gilmour solo album, but the recordings were made by Pink Floyd. The recordings feature Dave and Nick (who were the only official members) and in parts, Rick too. That's Pink Floyd. It said "Pink Floyd" on the cover and the supporting tour was Pink Floyd. runningshoes can go suck eggs.

PFO Brother of Wings on the Pig & pinkfloydfan1 and Cousin of BOOOSH
12-12-2011 03:12 AM
runningshoes Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

(12-12-2011 03:12 AM)Dyolf Wrote:  It's true that a lot of the material started off as a possible Gilmour solo album, but the recordings were made by Pink Floyd. The recordings feature Dave and Nick (who were the only official members) and in parts, Rick too. That's Pink Floyd. It said "Pink Floyd" on the cover and the supporting tour was Pink Floyd. runningshoes can go suck eggs.

Pickled eggs actually with a nice draft beer and some salt, but in all honesty, had Gilmour, who I don't dislike and whose work I love with what I consider the real Pink Floyd, would have been the one sucking eggs had he put his name on AMLOR. It and TDB are grossly sub-standard in terms of Pink Floyd works. I apologize for the fanboy/girl comment. I don't expect my OPINION to be agreed with, but I also don't expect it to be treated like garbage, and when it is, I get a little irked.
12-12-2011 05:44 AM
Dyolf Offline
Pink Floyd

You can't have an opinion on facts. Is AMLOR a Pink Floyd album? Yes. It's a fact. Is it a good Pink Floyd album? Well that's a matter of opinion.

PFO Brother of Wings on the Pig & pinkfloydfan1 and Cousin of BOOOSH
12-12-2011 10:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Roger Waters and playing cricket.. Brilliant read!!! Back Together 6 3,757 03-06-2014 03:33 AM
Last Post: manal18
  Does Anyone Want to Buy my Roger Waters tickets? Wembley Arena Show on September 14th PFOnline 3 744 11-01-2013 12:01 PM
Last Post: Flydavidjj
  Who the hell does roger waters think he is? DiscoPigs 59 5,812 08-19-2013 12:31 PM
Last Post: Arno Sluismans
  Roger Waters Tour Dates! EventCarParks 0 711 08-15-2013 03:16 AM
Last Post: EventCarParks
  Roger Waters interview on Howard Stern Dyolf 0 1,230 05-21-2013 04:04 AM
Last Post: Dyolf