Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd."
silverpot Offline
Obscured By Clouds

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd."
Well, Phil Collins comes to mind. Not only a great drummer, but also a good song writer and arranger.
Also, Dream Theater's drummer Mike Portnoy was the real motor of that band, song writer, arranger, conceptualist, you name it. I wonder how they will sound without him.
06-01-2011 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
itsagas Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Without Rick, there is no band to reunite. I would have love it if Roger had said that instead. Sure hope to see the rest of them get together from time to time, though. It's just such a wonderful thing to see. Never fails to give me a huge lump in the throat.

everything under the sun
08-14-2011 08:57 PM
blue_ember Offline
Atom Heart Mother

(05-30-2011 02:46 PM)Lady Floydian Wrote:  You're being utterly and completely unreasonable. I don't know if he kicked your dog, spit on you or what, but this grudge you have against him (roger) for I don't know what reason is just......I don't know.

hahaha! is that a reference to the spitting incident at the montreal olympic arena during the touring of Animals????
(05-30-2011 05:25 PM)russian Wrote:  even if some1 didnt know much about pink floyd u would know that nick probably didnt contribute much because hes a drummer(probably the lowest position in a band songwriting wise). and i will admit for a drummer writing as much as 2 songs on ur own is extremely alot. and, besides this interview was in 2006. how would u know if he still feels the same about nicks contribution. opinions can change in a matter of days(it sure does for me often Biggrin).

two words: Phil Colins - "...is an English singer-songwriter, drummer, pianist and actor best known as a drummer and vocalist for English progressive rock group Genesis and as a solo artist." - Wikipedia.

Roger Waters - The Wall Live. December 12th, 2011. Second Comfortably Numb guitar solo= best moment of my life!
08-19-2011 10:59 AM
Arno Sluismans Offline
Wish You Were Here

Just adding the two words "Roger" and "Taylor" to this thread. Holy freaking cow, I never realized how awesome that person was until a few weeks ago.

[Image: ighs84.png]
Whenever I make a post, add the modulus of e to the power of the product of i and pi to my counter.
08-19-2011 02:32 PM
silverpot Offline
Obscured By Clouds

You're talking about the Queen drummer?
Awsome.
08-19-2011 03:28 PM
Arno Sluismans Offline
Wish You Were Here

Yep, him. Biggrin
I love Queen for how they were four geniuses who each had their share of writing songs, and nobody was really more important than the others in my eyes... Although they still only had one front man. I wish more bands were like that.

[Image: ighs84.png]
Whenever I make a post, add the modulus of e to the power of the product of i and pi to my counter.
08-19-2011 03:31 PM
blue_ember Offline
Atom Heart Mother

I wish that a band could be perfectly even, thats how I would like it if I were in a band but chances are things won't be so even as you would want. It makes the band stronger and would probably last longer because they all have input and, as you said arno about queen, no one is greater than the person to your side. well then again only if they don't have a dominant, controlling personality so that its not a fight for track places... hm.

Roger Waters - The Wall Live. December 12th, 2011. Second Comfortably Numb guitar solo= best moment of my life!
08-19-2011 04:04 PM
jackpeter58 Offline
Banned

Roger Waters recently did a set on BBC's Desert Island Discs, where he talked at one point, about David and Nick's appearance at the O2 for one of the shows on his tour, and how while he was grateful for the time he spent in the band and the work they did, he has no desire to put the group back together.

r4i card
12-07-2011 10:50 PM
silverpot Offline
Obscured By Clouds

(12-07-2011 10:50 PM)jackpeter58 Wrote:  Roger Waters recently did a set on BBC's Desert Island Discs, where he talked at one point, about David and Nick's appearance at the O2 for one of the shows on his tour, and how while he was grateful for the time he spent in the band and the work they did, he has no desire to put the group back together.

It's not in Roger's power to put the band back together as he hasn't been a member for the last 26 years. He could of course ask nicely to be taken back into the fold, but I doubt he will. Laughing
12-08-2011 11:26 AM
runningshoes Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

(12-08-2011 11:26 AM)silverpot Wrote:  
(12-07-2011 10:50 PM)jackpeter58 Wrote:  Roger Waters recently did a set on BBC's Desert Island Discs, where he talked at one point, about David and Nick's appearance at the O2 for one of the shows on his tour, and how while he was grateful for the time he spent in the band and the work they did, he has no desire to put the group back together.

It's not in Roger's power to put the band back together as he hasn't been a member for the last 26 years. He could of course ask nicely to be taken back into the fold, but I doubt he will. Laughing

There have been no members of Pink Floyd for 26 years. That whole Gilmour, Mason Wright thing was a fraud.
12-08-2011 11:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bricks In The Wall - Roger Waters Demos Tedadore2 8 3,081 06-18-2014 02:22 PM
Last Post: mattarnowski
  Roger Waters and playing cricket.. Brilliant read!!! Back Together 6 4,845 03-06-2014 03:33 AM
Last Post: manal18
  Does Anyone Want to Buy my Roger Waters tickets? Wembley Arena Show on September 14th PFOnline 3 943 11-01-2013 12:01 PM
Last Post: Flydavidjj
  Who the hell does roger waters think he is? DiscoPigs 59 6,517 08-19-2013 12:31 PM
Last Post: Arno Sluismans
  Roger Waters Tour Dates! EventCarParks 0 855 08-15-2013 03:16 AM
Last Post: EventCarParks