Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd."
runningshoes Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

RE: Roger Waters: "I have no wish to reunite Pink Floyd."
(12-12-2011 10:00 AM)Dyolf Wrote:  You can't have an opinion on facts. Is AMLOR a Pink Floyd album? Yes. It's a fact. Is it a good Pink Floyd album? Well that's a matter of opinion.

Then I guess my opinion is that it never should have been called a Pink Floyd album.
12-12-2011 12:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
silverpot Offline
Obscured By Clouds

Whith that kind of reasoning, none of the albums after Piper should be called a Pink Floyd album.
12-12-2011 12:56 PM
runningshoes Offline

(12-12-2011 12:56 PM)silverpot Wrote:  Whith that kind of reasoning, none of the albums after Piper should be called a Pink Floyd album.

When Syd left the band, they hadn't even remotely established themselves as the legends they are today, but by the time they finished The Wall, they had a firm grip on that status. Syd is a small, albeit, important piece of the Pink Floyd puzzle, but they were nothing when he left and I believe they became nothing when Waters left.

I've seen The Final Cut labeled a Waters solo album and I don't have a problem with anyone thinking that.
12-12-2011 01:04 PM
Lady Floydian Offline
Pink Floyd

The Final Cut may sound like a Waters solo album, but it's still a Pink Floyd album. There's been four incarnations of the band (technically five): Syd, Roger, Nick, Rick; Syd, David, Roger, Nick, Rick; David, Roger, Nick, Rick; David, Roger, Nick; David, Nick, Rick. Each incarnation put out albums as Pink Floyd. You can debate whether any of the offerings from those incarnations are any good, but they're all Pink Floyd albums. Just different kinds of Pink Floyd albums.

You may have been irked because you thought people were discounting your opinion as garbage, but I get irked when three people's combined talents are tossed in the sh*tter because one person wasn't there to ring lead. Roger is a remarkable talent, an amazing songwriter. He is not Pink Floyd. David is not Pink Floyd, Nick is not Pink Floyd, Syd wasn't Pink Floyd, and Rick wasn't Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd was a band, a group of amazing musicians who came together to create some of the greatest music ever made.

[Image: davidgilmoursignbyloudl.jpg]
(signature image courtesy of loud-love @ deviantART)
12-12-2011 02:13 PM
Arno Sluismans Offline
Wish You Were Here

Maybe people consider post-Waters Pink Floyd as "not Pink Floyd" because the change was so sudden. All the way from Piper to The Final Cut, all changes were quite fluent, and every album had a lot of things in common with its respective predecessor and successor. The Final Cut and A Momentary Lapse of Reason have absolutely nothing in common, aside from the fact that it's obvious that both albums are made by incomplete forces. I also agree that both albums (A Momentary Lapse of Reason just as much as The Final Cut) gained a lot of sales because they weren't released as solo albums, and I'm actually quite sure that they took that in consideration when deciding whether they'd release those albums as solo or Pink Floyd stuff. You can hardly blame them for that though.

Other than that, I don't really see a point.

[Image: ighs84.png]
Whenever I make a post, add the modulus of e to the power of the product of i and pi to my counter.
12-12-2011 05:46 PM
A Saucerful of Secrets Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

It's really a shame he feels that way. I think he is more interested in having his own band and calling all the shots. He knows Nick and Dave won't put up with that.

I think Nick and Dave ought to get the Floyd going again. Lots of greats they could bring in.
12-16-2011 10:26 PM
Dyolf Offline
Pink Floyd

People say TFC sounds like a Waters solo album, but it doesn't. To me it sounds like an idea. It sounds like the basis for a really good album had Wright not gone and Dave given more vocal and music-tweeking duties, as on The Wall. Even though most of TW is credited as Waters solo compositions, without Dave following behind cleaning them up it wouldn't be as good. TFC also has some great guitar work by Dave - he was also producer on it but had his name removed from the credits when he fell out with Waters again and thought his production decisions were being undermined.

I have no quip with calling TFC or AMLOR "real" Pink Floyd albums at all.

PFO Brother of Wings on the Pig & pinkfloydfan1 and Cousin of BOOOSH
12-17-2011 05:55 AM
silverpot Offline
Obscured By Clouds

(12-17-2011 05:55 AM)Dyolf Wrote:  People say TFC sounds like a Waters solo album, but it doesn't. To me it sounds like an idea. It sounds like the basis for a really good album had Wright not gone and Dave given more vocal and music-tweeking duties, as on The Wall. Even though most of TW is credited as Waters solo compositions, without Dave following behind cleaning them up it wouldn't be as good. TFC also has some great guitar work by Dave - he was also producer on it but had his name removed from the credits when he fell out with Waters again and thought his production decisions were being undermined.

I have no quip with calling TFC or AMLOR "real" Pink Floyd albums at all.

Well put. Thumbsup
12-17-2011 06:58 AM
donaldbond Offline

Whatever happens, I think that although Pink Floyd won't reunite anymore, I'm quite sure that its remaining former members will, in relatively small things like Dave & Roger's concert last year, and Roger's concert a few weeks ago in London. Some time ago, I still wanted them to do another album together, but I've changed my mind on that.

R4 ds
02-04-2012 08:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bricks In The Wall - Roger Waters Demos Tedadore2 8 3,121 06-18-2014 02:22 PM
Last Post: mattarnowski
  Roger Waters and playing cricket.. Brilliant read!!! Back Together 6 4,957 03-06-2014 03:33 AM
Last Post: manal18
  Does Anyone Want to Buy my Roger Waters tickets? Wembley Arena Show on September 14th PFOnline 3 964 11-01-2013 12:01 PM
Last Post: Flydavidjj
  Who the hell does roger waters think he is? DiscoPigs 59 6,575 08-19-2013 12:31 PM
Last Post: Arno Sluismans
  Roger Waters Tour Dates! EventCarParks 0 866 08-15-2013 03:16 AM
Last Post: EventCarParks