Great gig
MrFeldman Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Great gig
Just wondering all your thoughts,..Does anyone or has anyone ever done "Great gig in the sky" as well as Claire Torrey ? In my opinion, no .
Claire nailed it that first time @ Abbey Road studio, and no one has even come close.
I've been fortunate to see Pink Floyd once at B.C. place in Canada,..and a few years later Roger Waters at the Gorge in WA. And although the 3 female backup singers did an awsome job, there's still no comparison to Claire Torrey's original verson.
Your thoughts?
07-29-2011 09:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pink Flow Offline
Animals

RE: Great gig
From the recordings I have heard I'd say you're right. What a performance from ms Torrey!

Shocking. Positively shocking.
07-29-2011 01:53 PM
PuttinOnTheRitz Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Keep in mind that what you're hearing is several improvised takes "spliced" together.

I don't know what exactly that means for this discussion, but it's definitely relevant xD

Check out http://FanOfPinkFloyd.com - An Online Pink Floyd Fan Community!

Looking for website staff, inquire on the website!
07-29-2011 07:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Floydy Online
Dark Side of the Moon

(07-29-2011 07:34 PM)PuttinOnTheRitz Wrote:  Keep in mind that what you're hearing is several improvised takes "spliced" together.

I don't know what exactly that means for this discussion, but it's definitely relevant xD

Next you'll be telling us that Santa doesn't exist.

[Image: vRJ86GT.jpg]
07-29-2011 11:32 PM