The wall - honestly
AgoX Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

i think that if your fav floyd album is the wall, then you either have not heard anything else of theirs or you are a poser. while the wall is a good album, it is still my least favorite. i'd rather watch the movie than listen to the album.
11-24-2005 03:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NorwegianWood65 Offline

Wrong. There's more than enough substance, depth, and musical quality to The Wall to make it anyone's favorite album. It's actually possible that you have a better grasp of musical concepts and progression if you can get into The Wall. Of course, this is all subjective, anyway, and there's no right or wrong answer.
11-24-2005 06:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sydney Offline
Animals

I also disagree. I've heard most of Pink Floyd's work and I stand by saying The Wall ranks as one of, if not, the best of Pink Floyd. The way I look at it, is that it is a brilliant piece of work dealing with psychology, commenting on how we effect one another-whether we intend to or not, and an authobiographical work of Roger. As for movie vs. album. I look at the album as a wonderful book. Rarely is the movie better than the book. :;):

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Lois don't be alarmed-but I think I'm Jesus
11-24-2005 07:56 PM
ACDCPinkFloydQueen Offline
More

I don't know...

I think that The Wall has got a bad reputation as a shallow album because of Another Brick in the Wall Part 2. Otherwise, It is a great album musically and it is very ambiguous.
11-24-2005 08:10 PM
carefulwiththataxluke Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

Sydney Wrote:I also disagree. I've heard most of Pink Floyd's work and I stand by saying The Wall ranks as one of, if not, the best of Pink Floyd. The way I look at it, is that it is a brilliant piece of work dealing with psychology, commenting on how we effect one another-whether we intend to or not, and an authobiographical work of Roger. As for movie vs. album. I look at the album as a wonderful book. Rarely is the movie better than the book. :;):
You got it and for the record, The Wall is my all time favorite Pink Floyd album. rocker

American by birth, Floydian by obsession.
11-24-2005 08:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sydney Offline
Animals

carefulwiththataxluke Wrote:
Sydney Wrote:I also disagree. I've heard most of Pink Floyd's work and I stand by saying The Wall ranks as one of, if not, the best of Pink Floyd. The way I look at it, is that it is a brilliant piece of work dealing with psychology, commenting on how we effect one another-whether we intend to or not, and an authobiographical work of Roger. As for movie vs. album. I look at the album as a wonderful book. Rarely is the movie better than the book. :;):
You got it and for the record, The Wall is my all time favorite Pink Floyd album. rocker
Roger has also said that it his most prized work, with or without Floyd. I think that alone says something about the content of the album. Out of all the ablums he's helped write, ATD, DSOTM, WYWH...he's says The Wall is his favorite, so yeah I wouldn't call it shallow or something you can't call your favorite proudly.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Lois don't be alarmed-but I think I'm Jesus
11-24-2005 08:26 PM
Ran like hell Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

Sydney Wrote:
carefulwiththataxluke Wrote:
Roger has also said that it his most prized work, with or without Floyd. I think that alone says something about the content of the album. Out of all the ablums he's helped write, ATD, DSOTM, WYWH...he's says The Wall is his favorite, so yeah I wouldn't call it shallow or something you can't call your favorite proudly.
its my favorite as well. so calling people posers and saying they haven't heard anything else by them is not something to do. i've heard every album by Pink Floyd and the wall stuck out the most. my favorites are The wall, animals, Dark Side, Wish you were here. the wall is just awesome
11-24-2005 08:45 PM
AgoX Offline

hmm. well those are convincing arguments, tho, like acdcpinkfloydqueen said, it is shallowed too much by abitw2 and i feel that there is other better stuff like ATM or WYWH. i see so many people with those all-too-common darkside of the moon t-shirts. i try to talk to them about pink floyd and all they know is that one song (abitw2) and don't even have a clue what connection their shirt has with pink floyd. i'm not necessarily calling you all posers because you know your stuff.

to me the only songs that make the wall worth listening to are comfortably numb and hey you.

Edited By AgoX on 1132894887
11-24-2005 09:00 PM
Ran like hell Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

well yeah. its coated with ABITW2 because people like that short lyric phrase. its my least favorite song on the album (good solo though). when i was asked by a friend what one of my favorite songs off the wall was. when i responded with the Thin Ice he thought i was crazy. too many posers. they make a great album look bad
11-24-2005 09:42 PM
Sadie Offline
Wish You Were Here

AgoX Wrote:i think that if your fav floyd album is the wall, then you either have not heard anything else of theirs or you are a poser. while the wall is a good album, it is still my least favorite. i'd rather watch the movie than listen to the album.
And fans that call other fans posers are snobs. Who's right is it to tell anyone what album they should consider their favorite? If the only songs you get on the album are Comfortably Numb and Hey You doesn't that make you a poser? Only appreciating the commerical stuff? And it's so hip to say ABITW 2 sucks that maybe that makes you a poser too. Going along with the trend. I'm not saying you are, but there are other ways to look at the situation. Anyone who appreciates Floyd is fine with me. I don't care what level a fan they are.
11-24-2005 11:57 PM