Pedals - I need a couple.
Hello you all, I wanted to get a couple of pedals. I have been playing guitar for a couple of years now, but I know nothing about pedals. I wanted to get a distortion pedal(because the distortion on my amp is pathetic) and I wanted to get some type of delay pedal. They don't have to be exactly what Mr. Gilmour uses, but I like to have something along those lines if possible. I don't know which type to get, or what's best to get. So please help!

Thanks.
Get a good distortion pedal, like the Vintage Rat or a Big M<uff. For the second pedal, I would buy a compressor, like the Marshall Edward the Compressor. Either way, get a compression pedal.
wowser Wrote:Get a good distortion pedal, like the Vintage Rat or a Big M<uff. For the second pedal, I would buy a compressor, like the Marshall Edward the Compressor. Either way, get a compression pedal.
I wanted tp get a Big Muff, are those real good? What do compression pedals really do? I've heard they are important, something about boosting the highs or something, but I'm not sure.
they just make **** sound er, better . They do more than you would think. I could not live without one
wowser Wrote:they just make **** sound er, better . They do more than you would think. I could not live without one
What do you think about the Boss CS3 compression pedal?
I say yay :) and try eBay

Edited By wowser on 1102113699
wowser Wrote:I say yay :) and try eBay
I will. And for delay would you recommend a Boss DD-3 or DD-6, or something else.
dd-3 or something else, dd-6 sounds like death
Big Muff's are awesome, I own the NYC one, it's electronics are way better than the sovtek edition. Also I use a H20 liquid chorus and delay, expensive but they're awesome and provide so many combinations, it's essential to my sound.
Yeah I was wondering about the Big Muff as well, looked quite interesting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Virtual pedals? Joe 9 1,983 04-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Last Post: pinkfloydfan1
  If I were to buy 3 guitar pedals... AS87 12 5,881 01-10-2010, 06:24 AM
Last Post: wot's uh the deal?
  Guitar Effects Pedals Wings on the Pig 3 2,183 04-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Last Post: pinkfloydfan1
  analog pedals Comfortably9Numb 8 1,985 08-03-2007, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Narrow Way
  Guitar R-Tard w/ Questions - Amp and Pedals DAaaMan64 7 2,391 01-27-2007, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DAaaMan64