New Book: "Reinventing Pink Floyd"
Hoping it's ok to post this here. It *is* self-promotion but I believe it's of real interest to fans of Pink Floyd. Feedback and questions are welcome.

I'm the author of a new book, coming in February 2018 from Rowman & Littlefield Publishers. Reinventing Pink Floyd: From Syd Barrett to The Dark Side of the Moon explores the creative journey Pink Floyd took on the path to making DSOTM. When Syd Barrett left (or was dismissed) the band found itself facing a challenge: how to rally in the wake of losing its face, its primary songwriter? Of course they did just that, and within five years the band created one of the most popular and enduring works in the history of the recorded medium.

How did they get from "A" to "B"? that's the focus of Reinventing Pink Floyd. Drawing on archival interviews and reviews, along with new interviews and critical analysis, the book charts Pink Floyd's journey through experiments (failed and successful), and shows how -- with the benefit of hindsight -- most everything the band did in the years between PATGOD and DSOTM led to the creation of the Dark Side masterwork.

The book features new interviews with Peter Jenner, Ron Geesin and many others, and sheds new light on Pink Floyd's connections with Steve Howe, Davy O'List, John "Willie" Wilson, Jerry Shirley (all of whom are interviewed) and others. 

The book is available for pre-order with a substantial (30%) discount via the publisher; details (including preview material and a schedule of readings and signing events at www.reinventingpinkfloyd.com

Thanks. I think many of those who frequent Pink Floyd Online will dig my book.

Cheers
Bill

[Image: book3wbg.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Floyd Book: "Pink Floyd FAQ", Bonus Fun Stuff PFOnline 8 12,666 08-31-2009, 08:39 AM
Last Post: IronManDS
  "Pigs Might Fly" - New Pink Floyd Book PFOnline 17 21,222 01-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Last Post: "Capt. Midnight"
  New Pink Floyd DVD and Book PFOnline 30 22,837 08-22-2004, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Space Cadet
  New Pink Floyd book to be released PFOnline 14 11,735 12-21-2003, 02:47 PM
Last Post: FloydWright