Poll: self taught or lessons - how did you learn the guitar
[Show Results]
self taught or lessons - how did you learn the guitar
learn myself mostly.

my and a buddy kinda learned together.
Self taught is the way to go I say.

You develop your own style, even though you are at the start copying of others, i think you really find your own niche quicker.
self taught for 9 years :D rocker rocker
Liam Creedon - Session Musician / Tutor

Lead Guitarist of Wish You Were Floyd
Both really, i go to lessons but I teach myself more, i go to the lessons still now 'cause he's a cool guy, and we learn great songs but guitar's an instrument where you can just teach yourself through the internet.

Edit: Does this mean that people on here think that lesons are bad because you get told what to do? When i go (as he has same-ish music taste) i ask him songs to teach me. anywayits like a fun chat about other stuff as well.
Lessons aren't all bad.

Edited By hahacharadeyouare on 1140042245
Erm I'm a bassist and I self taught at first but I'm glad I did get lessons just for the extra little bits in between but apart from that it's all my own style :D
I've never had a lesson yet and I've been playing a year and a half almost and I'm doing just fine. I'd love to get some lessons though.
i started listening to rock decided i wanted a guitar and got one for my 14th birthday.... my dad tought me some stuff from there out i just taught myself you know songs scales chords.
I was taught in lessons in acoustic guitar but have self-taught myself chords and solos in electric.
R. I. P Syd Barrett (06/01/46-07/07/06)
R. I. P Rick Wright (28/07/43-15/09/08)

[Image: PFOMemberoftheYear.jpg]

"We don't want no trouble, we just want the right to be different. That's all." - pita
self taught on tabs. Can't read music to save my life. Did take piano lessons as a kid, but remember next to nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best site to learn and about Pink Floyd's Gear - Has All Of Dave's Sounds Lizzardking100 11 2,780 05-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Last Post: JudgeWorm94
  I'm new to guitar... learning guitar and chords FloydianGP 20 6,557 11-27-2008, 01:44 AM
Last Post: pinkfloydfan1
  Beginner guitarist? or want to learn play some Pink Floyd material? ajabbar01 2 1,935 11-04-2008, 03:32 AM
Last Post: ajabbar01
  Any knows any good online lessons for learning guitar? boomer 5 2,056 11-04-2008, 03:21 AM
Last Post: pinkfloydfan1
  Help me to learn electric guitar jacobhoney 4 1,214 05-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Androkles