Poll: self taught or lessons - how did you learn the guitar
yes
no
[Show Results]

self taught or lessons - how did you learn the guitar
simps Wrote:Self-taught, and now I teach a girl to play.
I envy you. Self-taught. When I started playing, my parents got me a book of dummied down Beatles songs that had the chord shapes written in. It really helped learning songs I was already intimately familiar with. Eventually I branched out and learned techniques from just about anything I listened to:Floyd, Metallica, Kiss, anyone that was doing something I wasn't.
im sorry. i still do not understand how you can teach youself to play guitar. God, id love to, but where to start................ :upside:

Edited By slygirl on 1078744929
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. ~~
>>Unknown
slygirl Wrote:im sorry. i still do not understand how you can teach youself to play guitar. God, id love to, but where to start................ :upside:
Imagine teaching yourself to play guitar. It's easy if you try. Above us only sky. (The sort of thing John Lennon would probably have to say on the matter).

You should give it a try. It's so rewarding even if you do get sore fingers on the fretting hand for a while.
self taught

alot of great musicians were self taught, do you think maybe its like, better, like, it takes longer but once your there you reach your full potential more tahn say if someone just put ur fingers on teh fretboard and todl you how to play
self taught

I studied a guitarists every move. Like Kirk Hammett, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, and more.
the poll asks - 'self taught or lessons' - the answers are 'yes' or 'no' . hmm.... ???
slygirl Wrote:im sorry. i still do not understand how you can teach youself to play guitar. God, id love to, but where to start................ :upside:
i just picked it up and started to play, each time i played it got much clearer
bigscotty77 Wrote:
i just picked it up and started to play, each time i played it got much clearer
Yeah really.
I'm currently teaching myself to play. No-one told me it would hurt so much!!!! Yeeeeeooooowwww, but worth the pain. I learn from books and online lessons, don't seem to be making much progress but I'll definitely stick with it. I'm sure one day it'll all fall into place.
What type of guitar are you using gilmour_girl?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best site to learn and about Pink Floyd's Gear - Has All Of Dave's Sounds Lizzardking100 11 3,424 05-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Last Post: JudgeWorm94
  I'm new to guitar... learning guitar and chords FloydianGP 20 7,387 11-27-2008, 01:44 AM
Last Post: pinkfloydfan1
  Beginner guitarist? or want to learn play some Pink Floyd material? ajabbar01 2 2,114 11-04-2008, 03:32 AM
Last Post: ajabbar01
  Any knows any good online lessons for learning guitar? boomer 5 2,318 11-04-2008, 03:21 AM
Last Post: pinkfloydfan1
  Help me to learn electric guitar jacobhoney 4 1,387 05-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Androkles