Best amp for floyd? - Best amp for floyd?
paparazzi! Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Hi all, which amp do you reccomend for floyds classic sounds such as The wall, Dark Side of the moon., etc.
Thank-you.
05-29-2007 07:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pinkfloydfan1 Offline
Division Bell

Any all tube amp with a nice clean channel is what you are looking for

[Image: jedi.jpg]
05-30-2007 12:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Metabog Offline
Obscured By Clouds

But gilmour didn't use tubes, he used solid state stuff, like the big muff.

My favorite amps are HiWatt and Mesa Boogie. I think Hiwatt is what you're looking for.
05-30-2007 11:06 AM
BusStopRatBag Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

F THAT SOLID STATE SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETUFF
05-30-2007 03:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pinkfloydfan1 Offline
Division Bell

Metabog Wrote:But gilmour didn't use tubes, he used solid state stuff, like the big muff.

My favorite amps are HiWatt and Mesa Boogie. I think Hiwatt is what you're looking for.
ha ha ha gilmour didnt use tubes he used solid states.
thats the funniest thing ive ever heard u obviiously dont know alot about his rig then

dave uses 3 hiwatt custom 100 heads into 3 wem 4x12 cabs wqith fane cresento speakers all his heads have at least 4 tubes each in them

note : dave has never ever used an amp without tubes in

even his old fender twin reverb deluxe used on the madcap laugh syd concert had tubes in

05-31-2007 12:23 AM
pinkfloydfan1 Offline
Division Bell

Metabog Wrote:But gilmour didn't use tubes, he used solid state stuff, like the big muff.

the big muff is a pedal not an amp and all pedals are true bypass not solid state. Even back in the ummuguma days his albeitier fuzz face was true bypass aswell.

As for hiwatt and mesa boogie if you cant afford them there are a few cheap vox's and fender twins going really cheap that might be more in your price range

05-31-2007 12:26 AM
Metabog Offline
Obscured By Clouds

I stand corrected. :D I'm not a big fan of tubes :P. Believe it or not I actually like digital stuff more.
05-31-2007 12:47 AM
pinkfloydfan1 Offline
Division Bell

Well your certainly not a vass gilmour enthusiast then

You > Solid State > Digital
Gilmour > Tube > Anolog
Me > Soldi State Left Channel > Tube Right Channel > Analog

:D

sorry for bad spellign today really hungover :;):

Edited By pinkfloydfan1 on 1180607938

05-31-2007 02:36 AM
Metabog Offline
Obscured By Clouds

Actually I fully respect and like to promote digital modelling stuff. I've managed to achieve pretty good gilmour tones as well, but I feel digital technology has reached a good enough level to be able to model any solid state or tube amp.

That's just me though. I used to have a GFX-8 before my Toneworks. Any single other processor or amp just didn't satisfy me, while my gfx with it's crappy amp sim and digital distortion simply blowed me away every time.

The Vox Toneworks is better tho (and it has a valve in it :P).
05-31-2007 06:49 AM
pinkfloydfan1 Offline
Division Bell

Metabog Wrote:Actually I fully respect and like to promote digital modelling stuff. I've managed to achieve pretty good gilmour tones as well, but I feel digital technology has reached a good enough level to be able to model any solid state or tube amp.
it can sound maybe as good as but the punchyness... the volume, the way the amp reacts to your playing and your guitar...pedals can never be beaten

05-31-2007 10:26 AM