Most important guitar player.
Dyolf Away
Pink Floyd

Narrow Way Wrote:^ Dude, you're bull,****......Ask dave who his influences are. Playing with his teeth was a stunt to get recognition from jackasses who think flash is where it's at. I don't give a rat's ass if you respect hendrix. But let's be real. If you like Dave, you gotta respect Jimi. And after the solid body??????? :Oo: :Oo: :Oo: :Oo:
I'm not saying Jimi wasn't a good guitarist, but there is far too much hype around him.

And yes, most of the players I like began playing just after the solid body electric was invented - meaning they are the influences, not the influenced. And Dave's big inspirations are BB King (the biggest - as He's stated many times) and Elvis, but Elvis was more of a singing/songwriting inspiration rather than guitar.

These guy's invented the rules of Electric guitar, it's all been done.

Come and join us at http://www.floydians.org and continue the PFO legacy.
06-17-2007 03:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Metabog Offline
Obscured By Clouds

My favorite guitarists are John Petrucci, Steve Vai and David Gilmour. IMHO, Vai defined modern guitar playing, but yeah I think Hendrix was the one who made guitar playing what it is, and he was the **** in his time. He may sound bad now, but you got to start somewhere.
06-17-2007 11:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pinkfloydfan1 Offline
Division Bell

Narrow Way Wrote:^ Dude, you're bull,****......Ask dave who his influences are. Playing with his teeth was a stunt to get recognition from jackasses who think flash is where it's at. I don't give a rat's ass if you respect hendrix. But let's be real. If you like Dave, you gotta respect Jimi. And after the solid body??????? :Oo: :Oo: :Oo: :Oo:
If you lke dave you gotta like jimi

NOPE

*I HATE JIMI HENDRIX THE ONLY GOOD THING HE DID WAS INTRODUCE A FUZZ FACE *

I dont care if people bite my head off for it its the truth.

His playing was always the same, The only song i can tell apart is Purple haze and thats only because it has a diffrent intro to the rest of his other songs but it still goes back into this same old em and 7 chord crap.

Just bores me to death... Personally i say hes far too overated

Edited By pinkfloydfan1 on 1182169396

Liam Creedon - Session Musician / Tutor
Http://www.liamcreedon.co.uk

Lead Guitarist of Wish You Were Floyd
06-18-2007 04:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BusStopRatBag Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

Jimi is overrated.
but that doesnt make him a bad guitar player.

he wanted to play jazz and everybody wanted to hear "hey joe' or "Purple Haze"

I think if he was alive today. Hendrix would be playing jazz.
06-18-2007 07:33 AM
pinkfloydfan1 Offline
Division Bell

BusStopRatBag Wrote:Jimi is overrated.
but that doesnt make him a bad guitar player.

he wanted to play jazz and everybody wanted to hear "hey joe' or "Purple Haze"

I think if he was alive today. Hendrix would be playing jazz.
Edit : if hendrix was alive today i would have shot him

Edited By pinkfloydfan1 on 1182184291

Liam Creedon - Session Musician / Tutor
Http://www.liamcreedon.co.uk

Lead Guitarist of Wish You Were Floyd
06-18-2007 08:19 AM
Dyolf Away
Pink Floyd

"If Hendrix were alive today" he'd be a forgotten hippy from the early 70s just like Syd would if he stayed with the Floyd. Hendrix's records are only still popular because of his untimely death, his records would've faded away if he carried on.

Come and join us at http://www.floydians.org and continue the PFO legacy.
06-18-2007 08:25 AM
BusStopRatBag Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

that may be true but that can be said about a lot of other artists. but i still think he'd be playing in some sort of jazz clubs or something.
06-18-2007 08:53 AM
Wings on the Pig Offline
Pink Floyd

Dyolf Wrote:"If Hendrix were alive today" he'd be a forgotten hippy from the early 70s just like Syd would if he stayed with the Floyd. Hendrix's records are only still popular because of his untimely death, his records would've faded away if he carried on.
I don't just think they are popular because of his death. :Oo:

R. I. P Syd Barrett (06/01/46-07/07/06)
R. I. P Rick Wright (28/07/43-15/09/08)

[Image: PFOMemberoftheYear.jpg]

"We don't want no trouble, we just want the right to be different. That's all." - pita
06-19-2007 08:16 AM
Kulvin Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

listen to any rock before Hendrix like The Beatles or The Who, then anything after him like led zeppelin or something. you cant pretend nothing happened there.
06-19-2007 09:24 AM
BusStopRatBag Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

Kulvin Wrote:listen to any rock before Hendrix like The Beatles or The Who, then anything after him like led zeppelin or something. you cant pretend nothing happened there.
very true
06-19-2007 05:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I'm new to guitar... learning guitar and chords FloydianGP 20 5,566 11-27-2008 01:44 AM
Last Post: pinkfloydfan1
  Dark Side guitar - That black guitar Gilmour uses Ranting Thespian 13 3,485 03-15-2006 04:52 AM
Last Post: pinkfloydfan1
  Washburn Guitar For sale - Good started guitar OG610 20 2,724 10-08-2005 10:39 AM
Last Post: pantera1221
  New Electric Guitar - Help me choose the right guitar bak2life 144 10,746 07-01-2004 06:16 PM
Last Post: Interstellar_Overdrive
  last guitar player issue dogpatch! 2 707 06-18-2003 09:42 AM
Last Post: loganpotts