Poll: ROGER'S GREATEST PEICE OF MUSIC - Please choose your favourite!
Another Brick in the Wall (Part 1, 2 or 3) (The Wall)
Set The Controls For The Heart of The Sun (SOS)
Brain Damage (DSOTM)
The Thin Ice (The Wall)
The Final Cut (TFC)
Welcome to the Machine (WYWH)
Paranoid Eyes (TFC)
Nobody Home (The Wall)
The Trial (The Wall)
Others (Please state which ones)
[Show Results]

ROGER'S GREATEST PEICE OF MUSIC - Please choose your favourite!
Floyd4Ever Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

Please base your votes based on good lyrically or vocally.

Thanks.
05-19-2005 06:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndersonCouncill Offline
Banned

Bad idea for a poll. There's just too many. Thanks for including The Trial, though. That got my vote. BEST PIECE OF MUSIC EVER!
05-19-2005 06:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Floyd4Ever Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

Yeah, I know, but I wanted a variety. People are just posted his most popular stuff. You have to expand to include ALL OF PINK FLOYD.

Yeah, I know bad idea but still....

PINK FLOYD RULES

Edited By Floyd4Ever on 1116514342
05-19-2005 06:51 AM
AndersonCouncill Offline
Banned

The Trial is just so Gilbert And Sullivan/Monty Python/Syb Barret/Abbot And Costello/Grand Guignol. Its a masterpiece of Dark Phychedelia (a sub-genre Floyd single-handedly invented)!

Edited By AndersonCouncill on 1116514873
05-19-2005 07:00 AM
Floyd4Ever Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

AndersonCouncill Wrote:The Trial is just so Gilbert And Sullivan/Monty Python/Syb Barret/Abbot And Costello/Grand Guignol. Its a masterpiece of Dark Phychedelia (a sub-genre Floyd single-handedly invented)!
SO true! It's weird that u say that. I thought the same thing!

And I luv Monty Python :laugh:
05-19-2005 11:20 AM
gilmost Offline
Atom Heart Mother

AndersonCouncill Wrote:The Trial is just so Gilbert And Sullivan/Monty Python/Syb Barret/Abbot And Costello/Grand Guignol. Its a masterpiece of Dark Phychedelia (a sub-genre Floyd single-handedly invented)!
It's ironic that the piece getting the most attention is The Trial - which lyrically is Roger's, but musically is ALL (!!) Bob Ezrin! Is There Anybody Out There is also written by Ezrin, and in the grand tradition of Roger:

"You can write anything you want, just don't expect any credit"

...it too was also stolen by Roger! Nice guy.

gilmost
05-19-2005 12:30 PM
NPF Tribute Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Hmm, quite an unusual choice of songs. My vote goes to Final Cut, tho I did vote ''other'' by mistake. Not sure Id have put Paranoid Eyes in the list, I think its the weakest link on a superb album (not that the songs bad or anything, I just prefer the others).
05-19-2005 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Floyd4Ever Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

NPF Tribute Wrote:Hmm, quite an unusual choice of songs. My vote goes to Final Cut, tho I did vote ''other'' by mistake. Not sure Id have put Paranoid Eyes in the list, I think its the weakest link on a superb album (not that the songs bad or anything, I just prefer the others).
Oh I love Paranoid Eyes.

And I did this post to post the "not-so-popular" songs.

U got to have variety!

Oh and i like Bob Ezrin but jeez Roger made it THe Trial his song!

Cool
05-19-2005 01:19 PM
Floyd4Ever Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

gilmost Wrote:
It's ironic that the piece getting the most attention is The Trial - which lyrically is Roger's, but musically is ALL (!!) Bob Ezrin! Is There Anybody Out There is also written by Ezrin, and in the grand tradition of Roger:

gilmost
I can see u don't like Roger??? ???
05-19-2005 01:20 PM
gilmost Offline
Atom Heart Mother

Floyd4Ever Wrote:
gilmost Wrote:

gilmost
I can see u don't like Roger??? ???
It's not about "liking Roger", it's about what's right. I love Roger's talent, I just don't like the way he treats people.
05-19-2005 01:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Roger's greatest lyrics (excluding solo career) Lady Floydian 21 3,169 11-22-2012 07:14 AM
Last Post: Floydy
  If you dj'ed for Roger Waters what music would you play for him? Moka 24 1,974 11-26-2010 01:03 PM
Last Post: PaulM
  "I never felt like a passenger..." - Roger at British Music Hall of Fame Jumpy 22 2,595 09-20-2006 02:57 PM
Last Post: Grguitarfreek100
  Why is Roger's music so underrated and unknown? AlienAnthropologist 48 3,766 05-28-2006 05:29 AM
Last Post: mabewa
  Movie Inspired By Roger Waters' music - Film reminds you of The Final Cut Mint Wood 0 611 04-24-2006 09:46 PM
Last Post: Mint Wood