Recently Purchased - Music, Movies, Food, Clothes, etc...
Some Other Jackass Offline
Animals

RE: Recently Purchased - Music, Movies, Food, Clothes, etc...
mikoyan29 Wrote:The Brand is Kenko. And I think it's f8 to f16. I do have a tripod and a monopod but it sounds like it's pretty light. I just want to see how it goes since I've been taking bird, deer and what not pictures and the 300mm lens isn't quite enough. If I don't like it, I'm out 180 bucks, but it has a 2x adapter, so my 300 mm can become 600mm...:)
Just because it is light in your hands though of course does not mean you can hold it very, very steady to get sharp images. Particularly out passed 500mm when every little movement of the camera and lens is amplified and exagerated as it relates to the focal length. At 1600mm I doubt you can hand hold in any position and get a respectable capture. I think invariably you should at least screw it on a monopod anytime you use it to help get the sharpest image you can. You got the monopod, you got the big a$$ lens; you may as well often use the two together.
That is about the price some of those Phoenix models were going for.
05-27-2009 01:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mikoyan29 Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

I got my lens yesterday and played with it a little bit at the park. It was nice to be able to get pictures of some of the ducks and geese that I couldn't get before (because they were too far out). The lens itself is not too bad but it is a fixed aperature based on the focal length you set it to (it's gets smaller as you extend the lens...which is opposite what I'd like). But it was an overcast day, so I was pretty much in the higher ISO settings on the camera (which means grain.....sorry, can't bring myself to call it noise). All it's done is make me want to get a similar lens with the bells and whistles (aperature settings mostly). There seem to be some decent ones in the 800 to 1500 range.

Anyways, it looks like it is going to be a nice day today, so I'll probably play around with it some more.

Also, I got all 5 seasons of Babylon 5......
05-29-2009 06:01 AM
sea green queen Offline
Pink Floyd

Some Other Jackass Wrote:
sea green queen Wrote:In the last month or so season 1 of...
The Wild, Wild West
Jonny Quest

In person, I bet you are a little cranky and crusty; complaining too often but you sure have some interesting and similar tastes in television, movies and music.

Along with the fantastic composite goaltender stick purchase from the previous page, while I was at Cargo Largo I got the following compact discs:
Milk The Bee - The Break And Repair Method
The Plains - Fourth Of July
Almost Here - The Academy Is
The Very Best Of John Denver
$12 total

And a rush to buy some Rush on Amazon went like this:
Grace Under Pressure
Exit... Stage Left
Power Windows
Permanent Waves
Moving Pictures

$17 total

I was that way in my 40's but changed, other than when it comes to people trashing the U.S., after all where would Europe be now without The Lend Lease Act 50 odd years ago???, live & let live I say. Like that old saying about giving somebody enough rope & they'll hang themselves.

You can't beat Amazon for good priced movies & music.

Some late 60's Monogram model kits & some Aurora re-issues of The Witch models by Polar Lights.
05-30-2009 09:35 AM
Morglor9 Offline
The Wall

So, I went to Value Village today after my last day of college, and I check out the vinyl selection, and what do I find? I find:

The Beach Boys - Endless Summer
Platoon Soundtrack
Amadeus Soundtrack

All on vinyl, and all appear to be scratch free... thus far I'd call the Platoon soundtrack basically perfect.

Also today, my Ubuntu promotional disc came in the mail. Huzzah, now I just need to pick up a new computer, as I don't feel like reformatting this one until I have another.
06-05-2009 05:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DelicateSoundOfThunder Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Films - 200 Motels, The Point, Woodstock 40th Anniversary Ultimate Collectors Edition (Preorder)
CD's - Joe Cocker's Greatest Hits
MP3's - Santana (Album) by Santana, Atom Heart Mother (Album) by Pink Floyd, Volunteers (Single Song) by Jefferson Airplane, The Complete Woodstock, a 137 song set with:
Richie Havens
Sweetwater
Bert Sommer
Arlo Guthrie
Quill
Country Joe McDonald
Santana
Keef Hartely Band
Incredible String Band
Mountain
Grateful Dead
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Janis Joplin
Sly and the Family Stone
The Who
Jefferson Airplane
Joe Cocker
Country Joe & The Fish
The Band
Johnny Winter
Blood, Sweat and Tears
Crosby, Stills and Nash
Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Sha-Na-Na
and
Jimi Hendrix
Over 80% of the songs played at Woodstock, all live, some in really bad quality, like "Dear Landlord" by Joe Cocker, and some in excellent quality, for example, they got Grateful Dead's original Multitrack Masters for the release. (Note: This is not an official release, it's a bootleg).
06-05-2009 05:32 PM
Androkles Offline
Ummagumma

I purchased a Big Mac yesterday.
06-06-2009 02:22 AM
Androkles Offline
Ummagumma

You Wrote:
Androkles Wrote:I purchased a Big Mac yesterday.
'Twas good?
'Twas good.
06-06-2009 02:24 AM
sea green queen Offline
Pink Floyd

Androkles Wrote:
You Wrote:
Androkles Wrote:I purchased a Big Mac yesterday.
'Twas good?
'Twas good.

and greasy.
06-06-2009 09:22 AM
Dyolf Offline
Pink Floyd

I don't like Big Mac's, I prefer the Quarter-Pounder-with-cheese.

Last night I went to Blockbuster to rent a Blu-ray film (which was Appaloosa, by the way) and I ended up buying two pre-owned Blu-ray's: The Dark Knight and Ironman - two great films.
06-07-2009 04:36 AM
TiedyeVikki Offline
The Wall

I picked up The Shawshank Redemption (finally! it's only one of my favorite movies!) and Harold & Kumar Go To Whitecastle (which is a pretty good one) for $5 each at K-Mart the other day. Smile

--Vik Cool
06-07-2009 11:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What are you currently eating and/or drinking? - share your food wowser 5,778 116,769 10-17-2013 08:35 AM
Last Post: Lady Floydian
  THE MOVIE THREAD - POST YOUR RECENTLY SEEN FILMS floydianyid 3,487 109,547 07-12-2012 08:48 PM
Last Post: OsKarMike
  Bad food ideas. chromeboomerang 32 2,732 11-25-2010 11:27 AM
Last Post: Morglor9
  Worst Movies Ever thread emonerd826 32 1,642 01-07-2010 02:10 PM
Last Post: DrKole
  The awful music/music videos thread You CAN Avoid the Floyd 23 1,713 01-01-2010 10:43 AM
Last Post: Halo 99